GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped

+15
Riprock
Da lil Guy
dennycrane
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:23 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Is it odd timing that Miller is angrily refuting that he ever asked for a trade? More to come.
Where are you getting that?

No, I was kidding. It's odd timing, but I doubt they trade Miller.

92Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:24 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ducks and Sabres are apparently in deep talks according to Chris Botta.

Probably centered around Miller + ___________ for Hiller + Ryan. That's my guess.

and probably not. There's no chance in hell Buffalo is parting with Ryan Miller. That's such random speculation lol. This deal would have nothing to do with goalies.

Obviously it's random speculation. Facepalm

Miller has gently hinted that he'd be open to a trade.

It's probably actually centred around Getzlaf + Ryan for Nathan Gerbe + ____

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Gag

93Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:25 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Is it odd timing that Miller is angrily refuting that he ever asked for a trade? More to come.

Miller is from Detroit. He would go there.

94Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:

Miller is from Detroit. He would go there.

He'd have to list 8 teams he wouldn't play for, so he could ask to be moved to Detroit, but it goes against Detroit's mantra of not spending big money on the G position.

95Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:55 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

But the opportunity to have Miller under control and to have that 'one last run' with Lidstrom may change their tune.

96Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

@JohnBorukCSN John Boruk
A source close to the situation tells me a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent. Talks have been ongoing for weeks. I'll have a blog up soon.
https://twitter.com/#!/JohnBorukCSN/...36800834244608

JohnBorukCSN John Boruk
#Flyers not involved. #Rangers appear to be front runners. A deal "could" be completed by the end of the week. TB showing interest.

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnBorukCSN/...36800834244608

97Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's John Boruk?

And damn, no to the Rangers please - although at least it's not in the division - and I'd also assume Dubinsky is the centerpiece.

98Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's John Boruk?

And damn, no to the Rangers please - although at least it's not in the division - and I'd also assume Dubinsky is the centerpiece.

Not if AD are trying to shed salary, he won't. If they aren't trying to shed salary, then there's absolutely no reason to trade a guy that clearly has the ability to put 30+ pucks in the back of the net year in and year out. Trading him for BD would be a weird move, regardless of any other pieces moving.

99Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Not if AD are trying to shed salary, he won't. If they aren't trying to shed salary, then there's absolutely no reason to trade a guy that clearly has the ability to put 30+ pucks in the back of the net year in and year out. Trading him for BD would be a weird move, regardless of any other pieces moving.

Perhaps they feel that they need a grinding 2nd line C more than a W.

100Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:13 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Perhaps they feel that they need a grinding 2nd line C more than a W.
Perhaps they do. Still, if they decide that they need a grinding 2LC more than a (borderline) elite winger, I'm sure they can get one for less than $4.2M. Everything that I've read indicates that this is a move based on $$$. That makes sense to me because I can't imagine another reason to make Bobby Ryan available. Also, if this is financially motivated, as it seems it must be, they simply won't move BR for BD.

101Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's never this much smoke without some fire. Sounds like the Rangers would be in the lead for this, but who knows...

102Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I assume this has been put to bed with Boudreau being hired? Unless Murray has Dung for brains, he should wait and see how they respond to Humpty.

103Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I assume this has been put to bed with Boudreau being hired? Unless Murray has Dung for brains, he should wait and see how they respond to Humpty.
It depends on if the trade was to shake things up because they were in a slump or because of some other reasons...

104Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I assume this has been put to bed with Boudreau being hired? Unless Murray has Dung for brains, he should wait and see how they respond to Humpty.
It depends on if the trade was to shake things up because they were in a slump or because of some other reasons...

Botta is reporting that trade talks are still on. F-ing dumb stuff.

105Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 7 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Botta is reporting that trade talks are still on. F-ing dumb stuff.
well after having lost the cup to anaheim i've got to say i'm not a huge fan of the team. some of their players hell ya, but not the team as a whole. so yeah they want to trade Bobby Ryan then go for it. I'm also very interested to see what Boudreau can do. My guess is maybe not so much. I think he was in a good situation in WSH. maybe the stars got too big in their heads to be coached. my guess is that semin will have to be traded soon also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum