GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 BEST UFA signings + 3 WORST UFA signings

+5
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:If Horcoff can pull it together this year, then that's great, but he's been terrible the last couple of years. Terrible.

27 points in 47 games last year. Played pretty well when he was healthy. The only bad year he had was the year where they blew it all up, other than that he's been pretty consistant year after year. He's a 50 plus point player every single year (minus one season) in his last 6 years. If Leino got 50 points that signing would be considered fantastic but since people have decided Horcoff is some awful hockey player his production is meaningless.

Saying Horcoff has been awful the last 3 years is not true. He's a little over paid but he's still a very good and effective hockey player. He's also a captain in the NHL and that carries a ton of weight.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lenio would be lucky to have an average Horcoff year. Hell, his salary would be justified at that point.

Pretty happy Buffalo dropped the ball on that one though. Erhoff was another huge mistake.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What can I say, I'm just not a fan. I'm glad he's putting up points for the Oilers so he can live up to that contract, but he's been invisible in 90% of the Oilers' games I've watched the last few years.

At this point Buffalo would be lucky if Leino produced as much as Horcoff - which is funny to me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Lenio would be lucky to have an average Horcoff year. Hell, his salary would be justified at that point.

Pretty happy Buffalo dropped the ball on that one though. Erhoff was another huge mistake.

We're just not on the same page tonight lol, why do you not like Ehrhoff?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:What can I say, I'm just not a fan. I'm glad he's putting up points for the Oilers so he can live up to that contract, but he's been invisible in 90% of the Oilers' games I've watched the last few years.

At this point Buffalo would be lucky if Leino produced as much as Horcoff - which is funny to me.

Seriously, I have no idea how you could form those opinions on one guy who is head and shoulders a better hockey player in every single aspect of the game vs a guy who hasn't done Richard.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Lenio would be lucky to have an average Horcoff year. Hell, his salary would be justified at that point.

We're just not on the same page tonight lol, why do you not like Ehrhoff?

I like Erhoff has a 3, 4 guy. Number 1/2 D man, no chance, especially not a 10 year contract. Like Leino, what has he ever done to justify that kind of money or term?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What can I say, I'm just not a fan. I'm glad he's putting up points for the Oilers so he can live up to that contract, but he's been invisible in 90% of the Oilers' games I've watched the last few years.

Seriously, I have no idea how you could form those opinions on one guy who is head and shoulders a better hockey player in every single aspect of the game vs a guy who hasn't done Richard.

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and ask:

What's it to you if I don't like Horcoff? Must I justify it to you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
I like Erhoff has a 3, 4 guy. Number 1/2 D man, no chance, especially not a 10 year contract. Like Leino, what has he ever done to justify that kind of money or term?

Pretty consistent point getters from the back end get paid, it goes on all the time - and Ehrhoff has a laser beam of a shot.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and ask:

What's it to you if I don't like Horcoff? Must I justify it to you?

If you come out swinging and saying that Leino is capable of being able to justify his salary and you are surprised by his disappointing season, how can you say "Horcoff sucks". It leaves me wondering what you actually look for in a hockey player. That's all.

I'm not sitting here saying Horcoff is worth his salary and term but I am bringing a little perspective to some things.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Pretty consistent point getters from the back end get paid, it goes on all the time - and Ehrhoff has a laser beam of a shot.

Maybe. But what has he ever done to justify a 10 year contract. What seperates him from Marc Andre Bergeron? I'm not saying he isn't the better player but how much better?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
If you come out swinging and saying that Leino is capable of being able to justify his salary and you are surprised by his disappointing season, how can you say "Horcoff sucks". It leaves me wondering what you actually look for in a hockey player. That's all.

I'm not sitting here saying Horcoff is worth his salary and term but I am bringing a little perspective to some things.

Depends on the player. I expected Leino to fit in with Buffalo like a glove, he's been developed long enough, he had success last year, but he's arrived in Buffalo and decided that he's no longer gonna shoot the puck. Last year, he shot, this year, he's being real timid. If Ruff can coax him to be creative and shoot instead of passing up every opportunity, I think they'll find that they bought themselves a useful offensive player, if he can't then they're Cussed badly.

If Horcoff can continue his renewed success then all the better for the Oilers - because they need some grit. If he slips back to how he's played the last couple of years, which was slow, bored, uninspired hockey, then they're back to having one of the albatrosses of the league on their hands. Surely you saw him play in the last two seasons, surely you have a damn good idea what I don't like about him, but if not, so be it, we have differing opinions, it happens.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Depends on the player. I expected Leino to fit in with Buffalo like a glove, he's been developed long enough, he had success last year, but he's arrived in Buffalo and decided that he's no longer gonna shoot the puck. Last year, he shot, this year, he's being real timid. If Ruff can coax him to be creative and shoot instead of passing up every opportunity, I think they'll find that they bought themselves a useful offensive player, if he can't then they're Cussed badly.

If Horcoff can continue his renewed success then all the better for the Oilers - because they need some grit. If he slips back to how he's played the last couple of years, which was slow, bored, uninspired hockey, then they're back to having one of the albatrosses of the league on their hands. Surely you saw him play in the last two seasons, surely you have a damn good idea what I don't like about him, but if not, so be it, we have differing opinions, it happens.

What's new about him putting up 50 points? He had one bad year, that's it. One, single, solitary poor year. It's pretty easy to look bad on an awful team and yet, he has been pretty consistant for the most part. 50 plus point center. That what he has proven year after year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't argue about Shawn Cussing Horcoff anymore.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well I'd like to add that I thin jagr was one hell of a gamble that's paid off huge. I'm not sure he'll continue to be as good as the season wears on and won't be surprised if his production drops off by the end of it but I for one wasn't expecting him to have such an impact from the get go.

does Maclean count as a free agent? Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:well I'd like to add that I thin jagr was one hell of a gamble that's paid off huge. I'm not sure he'll continue to be as good as the season wears on and won't be surprised if his production drops off by the end of it but I for one wasn't expecting him to have such an impact from the get go.

does Maclean count as a free agent? Sarcasm

Yeah, he and Giroux found instant chemistry.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
2.Ville Leino (yikes, I wanted him pretty bad)

Ottawa apparently made an offer but it's impossible to top that ridiculous one from Buffalo.

We dodged a bullet there, Murray should stay away from free agency.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
2.Ville Leino (yikes, I wanted him pretty bad)

Ottawa apparently made an offer but it's impossible to top that ridiculous one from Buffalo.

We dodged a bullet there, Murray should stay away from free agency.

I think that more and more these days. I kind of feel the same way about trades right now, unless it's a player that is as close to can't miss as possible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, just as I say that, I read this:

@darenmillard:

Doing the oilers/predators game @RealKyper told by an nhl exec that ducks r shopping bobby ryan. Wow. 2 wins in 18.

Now that's a guy to go out and get.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum