GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Oilers, 9:30PM, Thursday, November 17, 2011

+11
Flo The Action
Riprock
spader
sandysensfan
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
Ev
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Lol potvin is just awful

This. I don't see any alternatives in Ottawa though...

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Good game. The Sens got some help from the Edmonton goalies, but that was an good game. Fun to watch.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Good game. The Sens got some help from the Edmonton goalies, but that was an good game. Fun to watch.
sure their goalies helped but to be honest the sens played well. I was really excited about this game because I knew it was going to be at a faster speed then against some teams. I'm happy the way the sens played, they own the whole game. granted the oilers had a few bodies missing. something has to be said as to how BM is building this team. we aren't even close to what the team will look like a few years from now but so far so good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back in a playoff spot. Started out the night in 12th. Crazy. Who would have thought, after 20 games, we'd have the same record as last year, huh?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Winchester with the greatest taunt ever. "Anyone gonna try to stop me? No? Alright, I'll just bury it then."

I didn't get to watch much of the game, but from what I saw, they were playing really well. Nice to see Daugavins and Konopka score...those guys are very deserving.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Really impressed and liking Brian Lee right now as well. In all honesty, at this point I think it might be pretty dumb to trade him. He's a legit NHLer at this point and blueline depth is what every team kills for. Ottawa has that depth. There were a few plays last night he made and you were forced to say "that's how a pro does it". Couple break out passes, could plays along the boards, just a solid, solid game. Simple and solid.

I think Carkner is in tough to get back into that lineup, hell, I think Rundblad is in tough now as well. As much as I think the AHL is a step backwards for Rundblad he will actually have to play at some point.

Anyways, good problem to have. Look at Vancouver last year, they were carrying 8 D men for a lot of the season. Injuries happen, bodies get banged up, so on. Just really hope they don't trade Lee because after Gonchar is gone they don't really have anyone to play the right side who plays a shutdown role. (yes Gonhcar actually plays that role a lot of nights).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alberta sweep. Nicely done Sens! Looking good. Next up, the Canucks on Sunday night.

GO SENS GO!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If the Sens get blown out their next 2 it was a successful road trip. To stay alive and keep up the pace all they needed to do was play 500 hockey. Anything else is gravey for this road trip.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Van and Pitt will be tougher games for sure... hopefully they can carry the momentum and get some lucky bounces too. At any rate, great start to the road trip, the team is looking like a team and Anderson is doing what he needs to do. Michalek has looked like what we'd all hoped he would when we acquired him. Love this guy. And Greening, man, what a story with him. The kids are alright.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oilers played last night with 5D as Sutton tweaked his groin in warmup and did not even take one shift. With all that youth, you'd figure they'd have cap room to carry a 7th D.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Alberta sweep. Nicely done Sens! Looking good. Next up, the Canucks on Sunday night.

Sunday???? WTF? Yeah, why would you want two Canadian teams playing each other on a Saturday night? That blows, I just assumed the game was on Saturday, and it'd actually be nice to be able to stay up and watch one of these western games, especially against the Canucks. Poop. :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Really impressed and liking Brian Lee right now as well. In all honesty, at this point I think it might be pretty dumb to trade him. He's a legit NHLer at this point and blueline depth is what every team kills for. Ottawa has that depth. There were a few plays last night he made and you were forced to say "that's how a pro does it". Couple break out passes, could plays along the boards, just a solid, solid game. Simple and solid.

I think Carkner is in tough to get back into that lineup, hell, I think Rundblad is in tough now as well. As much as I think the AHL is a step backwards for Rundblad he will actually have to play at some point.

Anyways, good problem to have. Look at Vancouver last year, they were carrying 8 D men for a lot of the season. Injuries happen, bodies get banged up, so on. Just really hope they don't trade Lee because after Gonchar is gone they don't really have anyone to play the right side who plays a shutdown role. (yes Gonhcar actually plays that role a lot of nights).

Well, one, mostly -- Salo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Alberta sweep. Nicely done Sens! Looking good. Next up, the Canucks on Sunday night.

Sunday???? WTF? Yeah, why would you want two Canadian teams playing each other on a Saturday night? That blows, I just assumed the game was on Saturday, and it'd actually be nice to be able to stay up and watch one of these western games, especially against the Canucks. Poop. :crossarms:

And look at Vancouver -- their last game was Wednesday when they got blown out 5-1 by the Hawks. They'll be nice and rested and probably a tad angry. I'm hoping rusty, but doubt it.

Phillips left with 7 to go so he's got some bruises that will appreciate the extra day's rest.

And after Sunday's game we'll have to wait until *FRIDAY* to play the Pens. Vertigo

Oh, well, at least they should be able to get re-adjusted to the EST.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, strange tail end to this trip. Lots of days in between Van and Pitt. But that will be good coming back from the Western travel.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

And look at Vancouver -- their last game was Wednesday when they got blown out 5-1 by the Hawks. They'll be nice and rested and probably a tad angry. I'm hoping rusty, but doubt it.

Phillips left with 7 to go so he's got some bruises that will appreciate the extra day's rest.

And after Sunday's game we'll have to wait until *FRIDAY* to play the Pens. Vertigo

Oh, well, at least they should be able to get re-adjusted to the EST.

Diddle.

Nice long break for trades though.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Yeah, strange tail end to this trip. Lots of days in between Van and Pitt. But that will be good coming back from the Western travel.

You can almost gaurantee Auld starts on Sunday. Can't leave him out too long. Also, it's his former team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, strange tail end to this trip. Lots of days in between Van and Pitt. But that will be good coming back from the Western travel.

You can almost gaurantee Auld starts on Sunday. Can't leave him out too long. Also, it's his former team.
Good point... or maybe save him for Carolina... but that is a ways away...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Good point... or maybe save him for Carolina... but that is a ways away...

I would kinda doubt we see Auld on Sunday. Anderson's been playing pretty well and the team's been winning. MacStache has shown he doesn't really like to mess with success (see: Rundblad, David). Plus we'll need all the goaltending we can get against the Sedin sisters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum