GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Ottawa @ New York Rangers, 3:00PM, Satursday, October 29, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
Hoags
dennycrane
cash
tim1_2
garblar
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
Ev
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
NEELY
PTFlea
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=131368&navid=DL|OTT|home

Don't know how to embed it but check out the video on Sens TV of the players post-game.

"Pesky Sens, boys!"

I love that that's part of our team identity, haha.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Game Day - Ottawa @ New York Rangers, 3:00PM, Satursday, October 29, 2011 - Page 6 130774596_slide

Props to whomever took this photo. What a beautiful shot.

EDIT: Chris Trotman of Getty Images

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=131368&navid=DL|OTT|home

Don't know how to embed it but check out the video on Sens TV of the players post-game.

"Pesky Sens, boys!"

That was actually the second clip that got queued up while I was coming back here to comment on the first one, which was the MacLean interview. Yeah, "Pesky Sens" was great -- the kind of comment that can unite a room. Where was that from? It felt like, perhaps, a newspaper clipping that they put up in the room or something like that.

Back to the MacLean interview. That mustache is great. I cold have sworn MacLean was heard to say the refs applied the rules properly on the Wolski hit, but if the mustache was lifted up I'm sure we would have seen his lips saying "Total BS call on Konopka and are you kidding me with the 2 minute on Wolski???!" That's the one thing Clouston could never do -- get the refs in his corner.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Why is that hit on Alfie not a major???

You watch Konopka will be suspended.... but Wolski won't. Even though he went out of his way to elbow Alfie in the head.
No it'll be the opposite. Shanahan knows what he's doing.
asq2 wrote:YEEAH BUDDY

Rangers can suck it.

Also I have a rapidly developing man-crush on Michalek and have to give credit where credit is due: Spezza is producing when it matters.
agreed
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I honestly didn't think Alfie's shot was an elbow. Definite penalty though.

If not an elbow... it was a forearm... which has those cement pads -- and the shot was deliberate to the head. He went away from the play to hit Alfie..

If he is not suspended.... then it's the same old crap.

I expect Konopka to get some games... Butler's chance to come back into the lineup. But if Alfie can't go tomorrow... who is called up.

That hit on Filatov was brutal. He smashed his face on the ice. Complained of a headache even though he came back into the game... against the advise of the team.
I can't see him being called up.
That hit on Alfie was completely unnecessary. Wolski will get a significant suspension. I have little doubt.

Konopka almost hit him from the side. He didn't take the numbers and Anisimov fell like a champ. A non-Russian (which includes non-Russian Russians) would have gotten up immediately. Totally overblown. And the 5 min + the misconduct was more than sufficient. No suspension is the only option.

The question is -- if Anisimov was so injured or stunned by Konopka's hit.. then why was he not taken into a quiet room for the 15 min assessment -- which is mandated by the league when hits like this are done. If I'm Shanahan -- I'm wondering why that was not done? Did he even miss a shift?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I wouldn't read too much into it. They are being cautious with Alfie regardless and if it had been a serious head injury, he would not have flown back to Ottawa.

I'm surprised at the recall, I figured they'd just slot Butler in.

Maybe it's assurance -- in case Konopka is suspended.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I didn't like the call on Konopka. It wasn't a hit from behind. It was shoulder to shoulder. Oh and I nearly killed my tv when I saw wolski line up for the shoot-out

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I wouldn't read too much into it. They are being cautious with Alfie regardless and if it had been a serious head injury, he would not have flown back to Ottawa.

Nan, Butler's still hurt

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

sandysensfan wrote:
cash wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Why is that hit on Alfie not a major???

You watch Konopka will be suspended.... but Wolski won't. Even though he went out of his way to elbow Alfie in the head.
No it'll be the opposite. Shanahan knows what he's doing.
asq2 wrote:YEEAH BUDDY

Rangers can suck it.

Also I have a rapidly developing man-crush on Michalek and have to give credit where credit is due: Spezza is producing when it matters.
agreed
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I honestly didn't think Alfie's shot was an elbow. Definite penalty though.

If not an elbow... it was a forearm... which has those cement pads -- and the shot was deliberate to the head. He went away from the play to hit Alfie..

If he is not suspended.... then it's the same old crap.

I expect Konopka to get some games... Butler's chance to come back into the lineup. But if Alfie can't go tomorrow... who is called up.

That hit on Filatov was brutal. He smashed his face on the ice. Complained of a headache even though he came back into the game... against the advise of the team.
I can't see him being called up.
That hit on Alfie was completely unnecessary. Wolski will get a significant suspension. I have little doubt.

Konopka almost hit him from the side. He didn't take the numbers and Anisimov fell like a champ. A non-Russian (which includes non-Russian Russians) would have gotten up immediately. Totally overblown. And the 5 min + the misconduct was more than sufficient. No suspension is the only option.

The question is -- if Anisimov was so injured or stunned by Konopka's hit.. then why was he not taken into a quiet room for the 15 min assessment -- which is mandated by the league when hits like this are done. If I'm Shanahan -- I'm wondering why that was not done? Did he even miss a shift?

Anisimov came back on during the five minute major power play.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Apparently Garrioch is reporting NOTHING for Wolski.

Can you believe that? If Shanahan suspends Konopka... then NOTHING has changed with the discipline in the league.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

you know to be fair, the sens made lots of comebacks last season too under clouston. But they never got it done in OT or Shootouts, and then the comebacks became less and less....

Ppl aren't talking about this enough though: we are actually winning shootouts! Ahhhhh!

What a comeback yesterday.......I wanna be angry for always getting to these situations but I just have to admire the work ethic of this team. They reallĀ„ are playing till the final buzzer and Spezza had a great 3rd period.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Apparently Garrioch is reporting NOTHING for Wolski.

Can you believe that? If Shanahan suspends Konopka... then NOTHING has changed with the discipline in the league.

wow....just wow. There goes my respect (although I'd like to see his little explanation)

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=131368&navid=DL|OTT|home

"Pesky Sens, boys!"

I gotcha. That was spezza yelling it. Love the attitude and I think someone says something about 'number 1 draft pick' lol.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:you know to be fair, the sens made lots of comebacks last season too under clouston. But they never got it done in OT or Shootouts, and then the comebacks became less and less....

Ppl aren't talking about this enough though: we are actually winning shootouts! Ahhhhh!

What a comeback yesterday.......I wanna be angry for always getting to these situations but I just have to admire the work ethic of this team. They reallĀ„ are playing till the final buzzer and Spezza had a great 3rd period.

Easy when your goalie is 9/9 TwoThumbsUp!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

u sure about that? I thought Anderson allowed a goal in the minnesota game...how else would all three of alfie, spezza, and michalek score in the shootout?

EDIT: 8 out of 9 MJ

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Nan, Butler's still hurt

Butler is in tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That SO goal Michalek scored against Minny was identical to yesterday's winner. And Spezza's was the same as his winner against Carolina.

I loved Phillips walking up to MacLean on the bench and shaking his hand -- that was MacStache's first career NHL win as a head coach.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:That SO goal Michalek scored against Minny was identical to yesterday's winner. And Spezza's was the same as his winner against Carolina.

I loved Phillips walking up to MacLean on the bench and shaking his hand -- that was MacStache's first career NHL win as a head coach.

What?

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Bob McKenzie tweets that as the Rangers have not heard from the league re: Wolski the hit on Alfredsson has likely been ruled an 'accidental collision'

Diddle you Shanahan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum