GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Ottawa @ New York Rangers, 3:00PM, Satursday, October 29, 2011

+15
LeCaptain
Hoags
dennycrane
cash
tim1_2
garblar
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
Ev
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
NEELY
PTFlea
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolski gets 5-10 games.

I just hope The Alfie is OK. I don't think he's ever had a significant concussion, so let's hope his brain is well cushioned inside his Swedish melon.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't understand why that penalty wasn't interference. Don't care if they didn't want to call 5, but that's at least an interference along with the original "illegal contact to the head" penalty.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Wolski gets 5-10 games.

I just hope The Alfie is OK. I don't think he's ever had a significant concussion, so let's hope his brain is well cushioned inside his Swedish melon.

I'll bet some folks kinda hope he's out for awhile so they can see "the kids." Sarcasm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Why is that hit on Alfie not a major???

You watch Konopka will be suspended.... but Wolski won't. Even though he went out of his way to elbow Alfie in the head.
No it'll be the opposite. Shanahan knows what he's doing.
asq2 wrote:YEEAH BUDDY

Rangers can suck it.

Also I have a rapidly developing man-crush on Michalek and have to give credit where credit is due: Spezza is producing when it matters.
agreed
sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I honestly didn't think Alfie's shot was an elbow. Definite penalty though.

I expect Konopka to get some games... Butler's chance to come back into the lineup. But if Alfie can't go tomorrow... who is called up.

That hit on Filatov was brutal. He smashed his face on the ice. Complained of a headache even though he came back into the game... against the advise of the team.
I can't see him being called up.
That hit on Alfie was completely unnecessary. Wolski will get a significant suspension. I have little doubt.

Konopka almost hit him from the side. He didn't take the numbers and Anisimov fell like a champ. A non-Russian (which includes non-Russian Russians) would have gotten up immediately. Totally overblown. And the 5 min + the misconduct was more than sufficient. No suspension is the only option.

Worst part of it was that the initial call was 2, then the guy skates off slowly and gets the ice bag on his neck. THEN it is a major.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Spezza had an amazing 3rd there. He stepped up when it mattered, this is what he needs to do today.

Michalek is a beast, Kuba is playing fantastic hockey, and Karlsson is the best player on that team.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Filatov is getting called up, doesn't look good for Alfie :-(

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I wouldn't read too much into it. They are being cautious with Alfie regardless and if it had been a serious head injury, he would not have flown back to Ottawa.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:I wouldn't read too much into it. They are being cautious with Alfie regardless and if it had been a serious head injury, he would not have flown back to Ottawa.

I'm surprised at the recall, I figured they'd just slot Butler in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just got back and watched the PVR.

The players that really stood out were Kuba, Michalek, Greening, Spezza, Karlsson.

The Wolski hit on Alfie was the perfect example of what the NHL wants to get out of the game. That Diddler took 4 strides before raising his elbow and clocking Alfie. Big time suspension should follow.

Comeback kids - crazy stuff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Not to be repetitive, but I wonder how long it's going to take for opposing forwards to realize they should never, ever charge at Rundblad when he's got the puck on the point.

Haha, I was thinking that watching that game.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:4-1. Richards.

Safe to say that major killed the Sens?

No! Naughty

The Cussing all star is too good for the league Sarcasm
Should have been 1st star of that game, AINEC.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I wouldn't read too much into it. They are being cautious with Alfie regardless and if it had been a serious head injury, he would not have flown back to Ottawa.

I'm surprised at the recall, I figured they'd just slot Butler in.

Maybe both? Maybe they rest Konopka.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson, Rundblad, Kuba, Gonchar. Nice to see the vets are keeping up to the young ones. Michalek and Greening are also absolute beasts. The Michalek goal was sick!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I never realized how big Greening was until I saw him towering over Spezza during the national anthems. Greening is listed at 6'3" -- same as Spezza. Did he grow or was Spezza slouching? He looked a couple inches taller.

I have a bad feeling that Wolski will only get 2 games. Yes, it was an elbow to the head, but I don't think he has priors, and Alfie did move slightly at the last second. He was headed for the dot, then veered toward the middle of the ice at the last second. Hope I'm wrong.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, Shabbs, never answered my question about the jersey. Mine is 4-0 (I didn't wear it for the Thursday game).

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=131368&navid=DL|OTT|home

Don't know how to embed it but check out the video on Sens TV of the players post-game.

"Pesky Sens, boys!"

I love that that's part of our team identity, haha.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Game Day - Ottawa @ New York Rangers, 3:00PM, Satursday, October 29, 2011 - Page 5 130774596_slide

Props to whomever took this photo. What a beautiful shot.

EDIT: Chris Trotman of Getty Images

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=131368&navid=DL|OTT|home

Don't know how to embed it but check out the video on Sens TV of the players post-game.

"Pesky Sens, boys!"

I love that that's part of our team identity, haha.

That was actually the second clip that got queued up while I was coming back here to comment on the first one, which was the MacLean interview. Yeah, "Pesky Sens" was great -- the kind of comment that can unite a room. Where was that from? It felt like, perhaps, a newspaper clipping that they put up in the room or something like that.

Back to the MacLean interview. That mustache is great. I cold have sworn MacLean was heard to say the refs applied the rules properly on the Wolski hit, but if the mustache was lifted up I'm sure we would have seen his lips saying "Total BS call on Konopka and are you kidding me with the 2 minute on Wolski???!" That's the one thing Clouston could never do -- get the refs in his corner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum