GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins...

+9
wprager
mattshock
smash88
Aetherial
PKC
Acrobat
beedub
Cronie
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Aetherial

Rookie
Rookie

Acrobat wrote:Problem is that "OK" translated into several fewer wins, and a few less shut-outs than expected. I'd loaded up on Montreal and Ottawa, and tried to pick players who might have "breakout years" - not a good move in hindsight.

It seems that the best approach was to load up on the known commodities, then fill in with whatever points are remaining. Point noted for next time.

During the draft wprager and I discussed the pool a lot.

We decided that it was better to blow your cash on solid forwards and skimp on D-men if necessary (and I have some bad ones... Komisarek anybody?). Goalies, you pick one solid one, and then one that you think might break out. (I pegged the Bruins as a break-out team this year and was never a Fernandez fan, so I took Thomas)

What all this REALLY means though is that the reason I won was 100% luck. My wild guesses came true. Nothing more.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Aetherial wrote:
Acrobat wrote:Problem is that "OK" translated into several fewer wins, and a few less shut-outs than expected. I'd loaded up on Montreal and Ottawa, and tried to pick players who might have "breakout years" - not a good move in hindsight.

It seems that the best approach was to load up on the known commodities, then fill in with whatever points are remaining. Point noted for next time.

During the draft wprager and I discussed the pool a lot.

We decided that it was better to blow your cash on solid forwards and skimp on D-men if necessary (and I have some bad ones... Komisarek anybody?). Goalies, you pick one solid one, and then one that you think might break out. (I pegged the Bruins as a break-out team this year and was never a Fernandez fan, so I took Thomas)

What all this REALLY means though is that the reason I won was 100% luck. My wild guesses came true. Nothing more.

That was my gameplan to a T. Unfortunately, my big guns failed to come up big for me, even though I had about 10 of them.

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

Congrats Aetherial, bragging rights justifiable go to you sir.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial - however you came up with it, your team smoked the rest of us out of the gate, then cruised home...congrats!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum