GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins...

+9
wprager
mattshock
smash88
Aetherial
PKC
Acrobat
beedub
Cronie
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

there's still time, except my two or three Sens players will NOT help my cause any! Sad
LOL

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:Every day my once mighty lead gets a little slimmer ...

Jamvan is making a charge!
Still think it might be a little too late. This pool has been a good battle all season long though!!!

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:1 Aetherial 914
2 jamvan 882 32 32
3 PKC 857 25 57
4 rooneypoo 841 16 73
5 SensGirl11 821 20 93

Here are the updated Top 5. Still a great selection sheet from Aetherial, but Jam is coming up. PKC too.

Good for you guys.*

* squirrel

I don't think I'm going to move up much, but 5th place isn't too shabby. Peter Schaefer Surre (Cute!)

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
Aetherial wrote:Every day my once mighty lead gets a little slimmer ...

Jamvan is making a charge!
Still think it might be a little too late. This pool has been a good battle all season long though!!!

I got some guys back from injury I think.

At the end of the season, I will work out the standing if there were no injuries, although I don't think the pool has been *too* affected by injuries.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aetherial wins!!!!

by 35 points over PKC and 37 points over Jamvan.

:KKK: :___: :%%:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First ever GMHockey.com hockey pool Hart Trophy goes to Aetherial.

Now...for the playoffs? :****:

I got totally screwed with some of my players like Filatov not playing. But it was cool and congrats Aetherial!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Blazer wrote:I got totally screwed with some of my players like Filatov not playing. But it was cool and congrats Aetherial!

Note to self: Tom Preissing sucks. Do not ever pick him again. 7 points all diddling year. Crying

84GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... - Page 6 Empty Standings - if there were no injuries Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:07 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

If everyone played 82 games, at their actual PPG pace this year (i.e. there were no injuries). The standings are below. For goalies, I normalized to 60 games if they were injured AND they were expected to be a heavy-load starter (Luongo, Brodeur etc.).

Aetherial 1196.4
Monkhouse 1150.8
PKC 1108.6
Jamvan 1108.3
Cronenbergfan 1079.8
504Heater 1072.1
Jordo 1065.9
dennycrane 1063.7
Blazer_2458 1063.3
Rooneypoo 1033.3
wprager 1026.6
BigRig 985.1
Beedub 975.6
Acrobat 966.1
MurderOnIce 957.8
nprovan 954.4
Phoenix 942.3

Monkhouse's team moves up a lot by virtue of some players who really were not expected to play all year, his stats are skewed.

Basically, injuries had not much to do with it this year. Cronenberg, Jordo, 504Heater were the only people sort of affected.

Good pool guys Smile (easy for me to say Wink)

We'll do one next year.

By the way, all you Ottawa fans ought to be ashamed of yourselves and I am DEFINITELY going to trash talk this at Hockeybuzz, because it just wouldn't be the same if I didn't Smile

85GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... - Page 6 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:34 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

All my big guns had off years, congrats Aetherial, well done sir.

86GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... - Page 6 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Well done, everyone!

As it turns out, my goalie combo of Price and Fernandez was just not as well conceived as I first thought (well, I hadn't really thought, but still...Price was the next coming of St. Patrick or Dryden, right... Shrug )

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Acrobat wrote:Well done, everyone!

As it turns out, my goalie combo of Price and Fernandez was just not as well conceived as I first thought (well, I hadn't really thought, but still...Price was the next coming of St. Patrick or Dryden, right... Shrug )

Without looking, I would guess that Price did "OK"... maybe not as well as expected.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Problem is that "OK" translated into several fewer wins, and a few less shut-outs than expected. I'd loaded up on Montreal and Ottawa, and tried to pick players who might have "breakout years" - not a good move in hindsight.

It seems that the best approach was to load up on the known commodities, then fill in with whatever points are remaining. Point noted for next time.

89GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... - Page 6 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
Blazer wrote:I got totally screwed with some of my players like Filatov not playing. But it was cool and congrats Aetherial!

Note to self: Tom Preissing sucks. Do not ever pick him again. 7 points all diddling year. Crying

:KJK:

I think he was sent down to the minors or scratched most of the year.. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

90GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... - Page 6 Empty Re: GM Central's Pool - ...and it begins... Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Congrats Aetherial!! You ran a freakin' Clinic in this pool!

*Tips Hat*

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Acrobat wrote:Problem is that "OK" translated into several fewer wins, and a few less shut-outs than expected. I'd loaded up on Montreal and Ottawa, and tried to pick players who might have "breakout years" - not a good move in hindsight.

It seems that the best approach was to load up on the known commodities, then fill in with whatever points are remaining. Point noted for next time.

During the draft wprager and I discussed the pool a lot.

We decided that it was better to blow your cash on solid forwards and skimp on D-men if necessary (and I have some bad ones... Komisarek anybody?). Goalies, you pick one solid one, and then one that you think might break out. (I pegged the Bruins as a break-out team this year and was never a Fernandez fan, so I took Thomas)

What all this REALLY means though is that the reason I won was 100% luck. My wild guesses came true. Nothing more.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Aetherial wrote:
Acrobat wrote:Problem is that "OK" translated into several fewer wins, and a few less shut-outs than expected. I'd loaded up on Montreal and Ottawa, and tried to pick players who might have "breakout years" - not a good move in hindsight.

During the draft wprager and I discussed the pool a lot.

We decided that it was better to blow your cash on solid forwards and skimp on D-men if necessary (and I have some bad ones... Komisarek anybody?). Goalies, you pick one solid one, and then one that you think might break out. (I pegged the Bruins as a break-out team this year and was never a Fernandez fan, so I took Thomas)

What all this REALLY means though is that the reason I won was 100% luck. My wild guesses came true. Nothing more.

That was my gameplan to a T. Unfortunately, my big guns failed to come up big for me, even though I had about 10 of them.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Congrats Aetherial, bragging rights justifiable go to you sir.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum