GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockey pool managers?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hockey pool managers? Empty Hockey pool managers? Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hi Guys!

I've been running a hockey pool (groups) for the last several years. I've been using www.poolcrazy.com to manage it. I was wondering if anyone here had a positive experience with an online manager and would care to recommend it.

Also, is anyone interested in joining? It'll be about 40 groups of 5 players. You pick one player per group. 1 point for a goal/assist. Goalies get 1 point for W and another point for shotout. Players will be allowed to make up to 3 trades until the trade deadline where the rosters will then be frozen.

It'll be $30 with prices going to 1st, 2nd and 3rd best.

PM me if you're interested or if you want to recommend a good pool manager/site.

Thanks

2Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:51 pm

TheAvatar wrote:Hi Guys!

I've been running a hockey pool (groups) for the last several years. I've been using www.poolcrazy.com to manage it. I was wondering if anyone here had a positive experience with an online manager and would care to recommend it.

Also, is anyone interested in joining? It'll be about 40 groups of 5 players. You pick one player per group. 1 point for a goal/assist. Goalies get 1 point for W and another point for shotout. Players will be allowed to make up to 3 trades until the trade deadline where the rosters will then be frozen.

PM me if you're interested or if you want to recommend a good pool manager/site.

Thanks
30$ no thanks 🇳🇴

3Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Hi Guys!

Thanks

We'd been using OfficePools.com at the office for a few years. It's not free but it was worth it for us. Another pool at work used Yahoo (don't have the full link but just google "yahoo fantasy sports") to do the draft but then switched to his own set of perl scripts to run it. Yahoo wasn't as flexible as he needed it to be. Yahoo is free, though, and may have changed since I last looked.

4Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm going to be setting up both a Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey league and a SportingNews Basic Fantasy Hockey league for all the site members to join. Both are free for entry and simply require to sign-up for a user name. I'm pretty adamant about having to pay 30$ for fantasy hockey despite the fact that I consider myself to be pretty damn good at it.

5Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:I'm going to be setting up both a Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey league and a SportingNews Basic Fantasy Hockey league for all the site members to join. Both are free for entry and simply require to sign-up for a user name. I'm pretty adamant about having to pay 30$ for fantasy hockey despite the fact that I consider myself to be pretty damn good at it.

By the way, I've also used PayPal to collect my winnings (being no-longer associated with the company where we had the office pool). I suppose the same can be done with the entry fee. Not every one has PayPal, but it's really easy to set up (very easy to use if you have a credit card), and you can then go to eBay and get cheap Mach-3 Turbo refill cartridges Smile .

P.S. Sorry for those who don't get the Mach-3/eBay reference. It goes back to one of Kevin Lee's blog comment threads.

6Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:46 am

Money Farmer

Money Farmer
Prospect
Prospect

Officepools is the best that i have used.

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

7Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Money Farmer wrote:Officepools is the best that i have used.

While I don't disagree with the overall sentiment of your post, which other systems have you used? I've only had experience with OfficePools, Yahoo and home-grown scripts. Of the three, OfficePools was the best and the most expensive (assuming you can write your scripts on company time :D ).

8Hockey pool managers? Empty Re: Hockey pool managers? Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:13 pm

wprager wrote:
Money Farmer wrote:Officepools is the best that i have used.

While I don't disagree with the overall sentiment of your post, which other systems have you used? I've only had experience with OfficePools, Yahoo and home-grown scripts. Of the three, OfficePools was the best and the most expensive (assuming you can write your scripts on company time :D ).
im extremely cheap, so i use onlinepools.com :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum