GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone want to join a $20 box pool?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey guys. Each year I take part in a box-style pool run by a lady at Health Canada. It's a box pool where you have to pick only 1 player out of 21 boxes (there are 5 choices in each box). After you pick all your players, you can NEVER change them throughout the season, so you gotta choose wisely. So usually a team with less injuries will win this pool!

The scoring system is pretty simple. Forwards and D get 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, and goalies get 1 point for a win.

The cost of this pool is $20. The person running the pool would like to get as many entrants as possible so that there will be more money to give to the winners at the end of the season. Last year there was 55 entrants and the prize was about $800 to the winner and $300 to the runner-up, I'm not exactly sure though (since I didn't win Frustrated2 ).

If anyone is in interested in joining or at least checking it out, let me know. The commish will welcome anybody to her pool!

2Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bump anybody?

3Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When do you need an answer by? I would do one with SG, but I have to ask her.

4Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Deadline to a submit a pool is midnight on October 5th.

Plenty of time left, just getting a head start to see if anyone is interested.

5Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Deadline to a submit a pool is midnight on October 5th.

Plenty of time left, just getting a head start to see if anyone is interested.

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing it. Smile

6Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok, I e-mailed you all the info if you're interested.

7Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Ok, I e-mailed you all the info if you're interested.

Yeah, might as well. Do I mail you a cheque?

8Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Empty Re: Anyone want to join a $20 box pool? Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think you would mail the $20 along with your picks to the address written on the sheet. I don't actually know the woman running it, my aunt just works in her building...so I don't directly pay the commish myself.

Also, I'm not sure when the deadline is to pay, I think she asks for it near the end of the season.

You can also e-mail here directly to ask about payment options, when to pay, etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum