GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big Green Egg -- general information, benefits, recipes, stories

+8
tim1_2
spader
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I saw these guys at Costco, price was about $500, what do BGE owners think? http://www.beso.com/kamado-smoker-grill/search?rf=gbn

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I saw them at the store and asked the sales man (who was a long time BGE user). He said they weren't as good but really didn't have much to back it up. I love my BGE so I wouldn't change it but my guess is that this is pretty comparable; maybe a notch below but still fairly good.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I saw these guys at Costco, price was about $500, what do BGE owners think? http://www.beso.com/kamado-smoker-grill/search?rf=gbn

for $500 for a Primo - I'd grab it up.....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Generic charcoal bbq question: I plan on cooking pizzas tonight on my charcoal grill. I don't think I have an appropriate pizza stone to use underneath my pizzas....can I substitute in some heavy duty tinfoil under the pizzas? I figure I'll cook 'em at a high temp...maybe 500ish for around 10 minutes or so, but just want to make sure I don't burn the crust. I'll likely just be using some generic store-bought flatbread for the crust.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I have a Weber kettle grill for camping and tried that. A burned up crispy mess is what I ended up with.

I haven't tried pizza on my egg because I don't have a pizza stone.

You could try some clay unglazed bathroom tiles or perhaps a clay vase drip tray. You could probably jimmy up something better than foil....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I have a Weber kettle grill for camping and tried that. A burned up crispy mess is what I ended up with.

You could try some clay unglazed bathroom tiles or perhaps a clay vase drip tray. You could probably jimmy up something better than foil....

Turns out I have a regular pizza stone. I assume that it is fine to use on a charcoal grill with high heat. We'll find out I guess.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I have a Weber kettle grill for camping and tried that. A burned up crispy mess is what I ended up with.

Turns out I have a regular pizza stone. I assume that it is fine to use on a charcoal grill with high heat. We'll find out I guess.

I'm making that very thing for supper tonight Wink I put the pizza stone over the place setter that I bought with the egg (legs down). I think that the pizza stone (at least the one I have) is too thin to put directly on the coals ...

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I'm making Ribs and Spatchcock chicken this weekend. I was going to make Smoked Meat, but I just did a brisket a few weeks ago. I'm going to try the Guru again to auto pilot the heat.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I doubt Im in the market for a BBQ since we have a small weber here, but this is the one I saw at Costco Im sure...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101773

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Dash wrote:I doubt Im in the market for a BBQ since we have a small weber here, but this is the one I saw at Costco Im sure...

I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, which Costco did you see it in?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I'm making that very thing for supper tonight Wink I put the pizza stone over the place setter that I bought with the egg (legs down). I think that the pizza stone (at least the one I have) is too thin to put directly on the coals ...

I need a new stone. It broke in 4 pieces last night.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
Dash wrote:I doubt Im in the market for a BBQ since we have a small weber here, but this is the one I saw at Costco Im sure...

I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, which Costco did you see it in?

Merivale I believe.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

So my first pizza turned out fine off the stone, and the 2nd one got the crust cremated in about 3 minutes flat. I'm not sure what exactly happened, as my temp never got over 450 on the BBQ, but maybe it was an issue with a thin pizza stone over hothothot coals. Back to the drawing board for me!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Tim : what's that in your avatar?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Tim : what's that in your avatar?

It is a turkey covered in bacon. I cooked in while camping a couple years ago in a "box oven". A box oven is essentially a big cardboard box lined with tin foil inside, with a cooking grate and some charcoal in a pie plate. It's a poor-man's charcoal bbq. And it was wonderful.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

heads up friends:

http://primogrillforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10687

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:heads up friends:

Do not have permission to access the page. Even after I registered and logged in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:heads up friends:

Do not have permission to access the page. Even after I registered and logged in.

Probably just a matter of some time elapsing before account is fully accessible. I was able to view the post:
Ontario-quebec oval primo for sale
barely used oval primo for sale. Comes with stainless table, divider, pizza plate and deflectors. It is in perfect condition. Make me an offer.

The grill is one hour east of Ottawa and one hour west of Montreal. you can reach me at gerryminer@yahoo.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum