GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big Green Egg -- general information, benefits, recipes, stories

+8
tim1_2
spader
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Not yet. Need to buy nitrates.

But when you get your nitrates and make that ham ...

Would you eat it in a box? Would you eat it with a fox?

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I would, I would.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thank you thank you Sam I am.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Thank you thank you Sam I am.

"The man is a genius!"

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm getting a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker in the next few days....and then I will smoke all kinds of delicious meats until my arteries just can't take it anymore.

http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/smokers-series/smokey-mountain-cooker-22-1

Boom.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gorgeous.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know. I'm pumped. The problem is the thing is huge, and I'll be cooking most meals for a family of 3. I foresee a lot of boys weekends, with smoked chicken wings, smoked brisket, smoked beans, etc in my future!

This Weber smoker will go for up to 20 hours on one load of charcoal! I'm planning some kind of smoked turkey to kick things off.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I'm getting a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker in the next few days....and then I will smoke all kinds of delicious meats until my arteries just can't take it anymore.

Boom.

Why limit yourself to meat? Smoked cheeses are great. I know a guy that makes smoked butter, as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm getting a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker in the next few days....and then I will smoke all kinds of delicious meats until my arteries just can't take it anymore.

Boom.

Why limit yourself to meat? Smoked cheeses are great. I know a guy that makes smoked butter, as well.

Interesting. I am already compiling recipes for smokey mashed potatoes, smoked baked beans, etc etc.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I know. I'm pumped. The problem is the thing is huge, and I'll be cooking most meals for a family of 3. I foresee a lot of boys weekends, with smoked chicken wings, smoked brisket, smoked beans, etc in my future!

This Weber smoker will go for up to 20 hours on one load of charcoal! I'm planning some kind of smoked turkey to kick things off.

Smoked turducken! Has that even been tried? Make sure you stuff the chicken with sausage meat first.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

honestly smoked chicken wings are pretty gross

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:honestly smoked chicken wings are pretty gross

Smoked turkey legs are pretty good.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:honestly smoked chicken wings are pretty gross

The thing with chicken wings is that after you smoke them, you need to finish them up over really high heat to crisp up the skin...otherwise the skin would be rubbery and chewy and yeah, pretty gross. So I will smoke my chicken wings for an hour or so, and then grill them over high heat with some sauce.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I know. I'm pumped. The problem is the thing is huge, and I'll be cooking most meals for a family of 3. I foresee a lot of boys weekends, with smoked chicken wings, smoked brisket, smoked beans, etc in my future!

Smoked turducken! Has that even been tried? Make sure you stuff the chicken with sausage meat first.

Pervert.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

speaking of all this BBQ my friend just ate a guinea pig in front of me today(BBQ style) I'm in Peru right now. apparently it's a delicatessen around here. not my cup of tea personally.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:speaking of all this BBQ my friend just ate a guinea pig in front of me today(BBQ style) I'm in Peru right now. apparently it's a delicatessen around here. not my cup of tea personally.

For a long time it was the only readily available protein source in certain parts of South America. I'd try it if I had the opportunity.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I just picked up a Char Griller Kamado on Amazon for $269 for my camp. It's a nice red colour, so I hope to paint it up in a Sens motif.....

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey screw this Melnyk talk, let's talk about BBQ. Had some killer smoked ribs yesterday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum