GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa?

+13
Ev
Da lil Guy
asq2
rooneypoo
tim1_2
ddt
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
Hoags
SensHulk
Riprock
SDH89
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Trying to find out if the buzz from a couple of people this morning is true. A few have said they think Murray has talked him into staying in Ottawa come October.

2Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To the trusted SteffeG! Lalalala

3Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Damn, I misread that at first. Didn't see the question mark.

4Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am Ron Burgundy?

I am skeptical, only because there's no promise he is staying "in Ottawa". First, he has to beat out a few others for a spot on the team, and even then they might send him to Binghamton, and is he ok with that?

5Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Trying to find out if the buzz from a couple of people this morning is true. A few have said they think Murray has talked him into staying in Ottawa come October.

Cheers Really hope it's true. It makes so much sense to stay and then you don't rush Zibanejad either.

6Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Damn, I misread that at first. Didn't see the question mark.

steffeG Stefan G:son
Said it before and now with recent comments in mind it's safe to say Jakob Silfverberg is a NHLer in Oct. Makes it 4 Swedes at least. #Sens

That's all the black and white I can find right now. Definitely some rumours around, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

7Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I am Ron Burgundy?

I am skeptical, only because there's no promise he is staying "in Ottawa". First, he has to beat out a few others for a spot on the team, and even then they might send him to Binghamton, and is he ok with that?

Who does he really have to beat out? Regin? Winchester? At worst, he gets a third line role to start the year while Regin tries to become good again. Konopka can be 4th line center and Z. Smith can play wing for a bit.

Even if he needs time in Bingo, at least he's got Lehner, Petersson down there (and perhaps Rundblad) so it's not going to be too home sickening for him.

8Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

https://twitter.com/#!/steffeG/status/88597202141855744

As for Silfverberg, he's clearly been stating he'd like to stay in Sweden another year, but the #Sens want him in the NHL.

I dunno hard to say.

I wonder if he'll only stay if BM guarantees him a roster spot.

Swedes don't seem to want to play in the AHL.

9Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I am Ron Burgundy?

Straight to 2nd line C if he agrees IMO. They have high hopes for him and they'll let him get his feet wet in the NHL.

10Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:https://twitter.com/#!/steffeG/status/88597202141855744

As for Silfverberg, he's clearly been stating he'd like to stay in Sweden another year, but the #Sens want him in the NHL.

I dunno hard to say.

I wonder if he'll only stay if BM guarantees him a roster spot.

Swedes don't seem to want to play in the AHL.

Dammit Steffe, we know the Sens want him in Ottawa, what was the conversation they had?

11Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:40 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Da Costa's been mentioned too as a 2nd line centre.

I'm all for Silfverberg on this team, just not getting excited by rumours.

12Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Da Costa's been mentioned too as a 2nd line centre.

Oh yeah, don't get excited by the rumours right now. For all we know at this point Murray just talked to him and tried to convince him. Steffe tweeted that one tweet that sounded in line with the rumours, so maybe something happened yesterday.

In any event, it's thread worthy - because it's gonna be pretty slow for Sens news from here on. Laugh1

13Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If he doesn't want to stay then he doesn't. Can't force him.

14Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hope he stays, the kid was NHL ready last year. We'll see though.

15Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Da Costa's been mentioned too as a 2nd line centre.

DaCosta looks like he needs a year on the top line in Bingo to me. Tough to tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum