GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa?

+13
Ev
Da lil Guy
asq2
rooneypoo
tim1_2
ddt
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
Hoags
SensHulk
Riprock
SDH89
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

If he doesn't want to stay then he doesn't. Can't force him.

17Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hope he stays, the kid was NHL ready last year. We'll see though.

18Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Da Costa's been mentioned too as a 2nd line centre.

I'm all for Silfverberg on this team, just not getting excited by rumours.

DaCosta looks like he needs a year on the top line in Bingo to me. Tough to tell.

19Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
DaCosta looks like he needs a year on the top line in Bingo to me. Tough to tell.

I think he might need some time to get up to speed. He's damn good though, hopefully half a year in Bingo and he's ready to fill in if injuries hit in the NHL.

20Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Da Costa has a few mental hurdles to get over before he is NHL ready. Compete level being at the top of that list.

21Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Da Costa has a few mental hurdles to get over before he is NHL ready. Compete level being at the top of that list.

Compete level? I've never heard that, apparently he's all about competing and working hard and giving the effort.

22Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Da Costa has a few mental hurdles to get over before he is NHL ready. Compete level being at the top of that list.

Compete level? I've never heard that, apparently he's all about competing and working hard and giving the effort.

Competing in practice, working hard to improve, so on, are all things he does well. During the games I have seen (all of them) of him in The NHL, he has a hard time doing some little things on the ice like finishing his hit, being hard on the puck so on. It was very noticable.

It's something that can be corrected very easily with some time in The AHL.

23Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Competing in practice, working hard to improve, so on, are all things he does well. During the games I have seen (all of them) of him in The NHL, he has a hard time doing some little things on the ice like finishing his hit, being hard on the puck so on. It was very noticable.

It's something that can be corrected very easily with some time in The AHL.

Ah, got it now.

24Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:07 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:https://twitter.com/#!/steffeG/status/88597202141855744

As for Silfverberg, he's clearly been stating he'd like to stay in Sweden another year, but the #Sens want him in the NHL.

I dunno hard to say.

I wonder if he'll only stay if BM guarantees him a roster spot.

Swedes don't seem to want to play in the AHL.

The way these things usually go is they have an agreement in place beforehand where if the player doesn't make the NHL team, he is loaned back to his old SEL team. The hangup with Silfverberg is that if he comes to the Sens camp and doesn't make it, he will have missed up to 6 weeks (or so I've heard) of the SEL regular season.

25Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
The way these things usually go is they have an agreement in place beforehand where if the player doesn't make the NHL team, he is loaned back to his old SEL team. The hangup with Silfverberg is that if he comes to the Sens camp and doesn't make it, he will have missed up to 6 weeks (or so I've heard) of the SEL regular season.

I believe Silfverberg already said he won't show up to training camp.

26Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:I believe Silfverberg already said he won't show up to training camp.

That is correct, for the reason stated above. But this thread is about a rumor that says Murray has managed to convince him to come to camp.

27Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
That is correct, for the reason stated above. But this thread is about a rumor that says Murray has managed to convince him to come to camp.

Yeah I just don't see any evidence of that(yet).

They want him to stay and they think he is ready but he says otherwise.

My gut feeling he wants to be 110% ready for the NHL and not get sent down to Bingo in the last round of cuts.

28Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He definitely stood out at the prospect camp. I hope he sticks around!

29Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Silfverberg was pretty unambiguous about his plans to return to Sweden this year. Smart money is on his return to the SEL. Unless he's playing coy and wants to extract some leverage from BM... devilish.

30Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:He definitely stood out at the prospect camp. I hope he sticks around!

I think this has a lot to do with it. The Murrays already wanted him to stick around, after seeing him at the Development Camp, they REALLY want him to stay around - and are probably telling him sweet nothings about starting in the NHL for sure.

31Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:Silfverberg was pretty unambiguous about his plans to return to Sweden this year. Smart money is on his return to the SEL. Unless he's playing coy and wants to extract some leverage from BM... devilish.

That's my guess, prospects usually can't wait to get into the NHL, I never heard of one insisting he is not ready, skip camp and go back to his old team when everyone telling him he's ready.

32Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Meh, the team knows what it's doing, but I definitely wouldn't mind him having another year in Sweden. He talked about being a leader on his team and being the go-to offensive guy if he returned. IMO that's a valuable experience for a prospect to have, and the SEL is a very high-level league (it's not like he's going back to Junior).

On the other hand, IIRC he led his team in goals last season so maybe he's had some of that already.

33Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Silfverberg to stay in Ottawa? Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, either way it's not a bad thing. Would like to see him here in Ottawa, but I wouldn't get bent out of shape if he goes back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum