GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME SIX: Binghamton Senators @ Portland Pirates, May 6th, 7:00PM

+12
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
shabbs
Riprock
spader
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
sandysensfan
wprager
SensHulk
PTFlea
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why do Chiefs fans hate Cowen?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Spokane fans on twitter:

I could write a novel but I'll try to keep it short. I liked Cowen pre-injury. I don't know if he was too rushed or what, but..

When he returned he was nothing like his old self. He takes penalties at horrible times, is the king of turnovers, but most of all..

I hate his attitude. He's self-centered, not a team guy, is ungrateful to the fans, and has stated multiple times that he didn't want to be in Spokane. Some captain...

Yes, but he's also got a great partner in Kichton. Makes yup for his laziness

He should be happy since he'll be in Canada.

He's severely prone to laziness and not playing to his potential. His 5'7" former d-partner Jared Spurgeon was more effective.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:From Spokane fans on twitter:

I could write a novel but I'll try to keep it short. I liked Cowen pre-injury. I don't know if he was too rushed or what, but..

When he returned he was nothing like his old self. He takes penalties at horrible times, is the king of turnovers, but most of all..

I hate his attitude. He's self-centered, not a team guy, is ungrateful to the fans, and has stated multiple times that he didn't want to be in Spokane. Some captain...

He should be happy since he'll be in Canada.

He's severely prone to laziness and not playing to his potential. His 5'7" former d-partner Jared Spurgeon was more effective.

What the hell? I have never in my life ever heard any of those complaints. There was a Chiefs fan on HF that was gushing praise on him - how solid he was, how much he 'got' the game, how he's Mr.Clutch. How can some fans crap on him like that after what he did for them this year and especially on the Mem.Cup winning run?

Very odd. I call sour grapes there somewhere. He must have said I don't want to be here, I want to be in Ottawa and it got misconstrued by some of the fans. That's literally all I can think of (not to mention he's a FIRST All-Star, not a 2nd, a 1st).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Consider the source(s). Stupid Americans that have easy access to far-too-cheap fast food. And more $5 subs than you can shake a chubby finger at.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I remember reading that they were pissed when he came back and took away the C from some other fan favourite. Maybe that's why they are bitter towards him, I dunno.

Spokane is in the US? Damn, I wouldn't want to be there either Smile

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Asked if Cowen was not deserving of being on the All-Star team:

Well, I sure as Dung wouldn't have given him that title. He quit trying after the draft. He didn't want to be in a Chiefs sweater.

Asked why the coach has nothing but good things to say about him:

Well, why would they speak ill of their DARLING first rounder?

So yeah, bitterness. I think we're fine. He wants to be in the NHL and Ottawa!

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Also read in Senschirp comments that the fans in Bingo turned pretty quick on Lehner last night with those 4 goals against.

A kid that came in and won them the first series and the first 3 games of this series. He plays behind a severely depleted defense and that is the response he gets.... that is disgusting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Asked if Cowen was not deserving of being on the All-Star team:

Well, I sure as Dung wouldn't have given him that title. He quit trying after the draft. He didn't want to be in a Chiefs sweater.

Asked why the coach has nothing but good things to say about him:

Well, why would they speak ill of their DARLING first rounder?

So yeah, bitterness. I think we're fine. He wants to be in the NHL and Ottawa!

I wonder how those tools felt when he led them to the post-season and won a round to boot. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:Also read in Senschirp comments that the fans in Bingo turned pretty quick on Lehner last night with those 4 goals against.

A kid that came in and won them the first series and the first 3 games of this series. He plays behind a severely depleted defense and that is the response he gets.... that is disgusting.

No worries there, they're behind him, but they can also be tough like any other fans. Lehner knows what's at stake, so do the fans, I'm sure he didn't give it a 2nd thought.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Also read in Senschirp comments that the fans in Bingo turned pretty quick on Lehner last night with those 4 goals against.

No worries there, they're behind him, but they can also be tough like any other fans. Lehner knows what's at stake, so do the fans, I'm sure he didn't give it a 2nd thought.

Thing is, Lehner didn't dump the puck over the glass twice in the first 6 minutes. He didn't lose a faceoff and just allowed the opposing center to just waltz into the crease. He didn't fail to score on a 69 second 5-on-3 powerplay and he certainly didn't give up a short-handed 3-on-1 going the other way shortly after.

Yeah, he let in the 4th goal as well, but the B-Sens were mostly standing around doing very little. Wasn't his best game, but his team-mates had a lot more to do with the loss than he did.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These fans are still suffering from the Brust love in me thinks. Apparently winning them the first series when down 3 games to 1 only gets you so far and it's back to status quo? I'm sure Lehner doesn't mind and maybe it'll motivate him to be even better than he has been.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:These fans are still suffering from the Brust love in me thinks. Apparently winning them the first series when down 3 games to 1 only gets you so far and it's back to status quo? I'm sure Lehner doesn't mind and maybe it'll motivate him to be even better than he has been.

KK has a decision to make, though, doesn't he? Before it was easy, since Brust was nursing an injury. Now, and with the extra couple of days before the next game, he should be back to 100% or close to that. Of course on the road there's no fan pressure, but still. It wasn't Lehner's fault entirely, but it still wasn't his best game. Neither was the 6-5 OT win where Lehner thanked him for letting him start the third. I'd definitely go with Lehner, but Brust had been the go-to guy for KK all regular season long. It's not going to be an easy decision.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brust hasn't performed well all playoff though has he? I think you go with Lehner and should he be pulled then you base your decision on how Brust does i relief IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Brust hasn't performed well all playoff though has he? I think you go with Lehner and should he be pulled then you base your decision on how Brust does i relief IMO.

Like I said, it's an easy decision for you and me. Maybe Brust didn't get the "run support"; maybe his struggles had to do with the injury. The Shadow knows.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Its pretty simple.... you save Brust for a potential game 7. If Brust goes and loses game 6, sens have zero chance of surviving. You keep with Lehner and let him play game 6...if he wins, great. If he loses, well you still got a wildcard for game 7 in Brust.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Its pretty simple.... you save Brust for a potential game 7. If Brust goes and loses game 6, sens have zero chance of surviving. You keep with Lehner and let him play game 6...if he wins, great. If he loses, well you still got a wildcard for game 7 in Brust.
That makes sense to me. TwoThumbsUp!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Joy's Tweeting from practice, and she said Daugavins went down with an injury. He came back but then left again.

Cowen is there and he's wearing #4.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Joy's Tweeting from practice, and she said Daugavins went down with an injury. He came back but then left again.

Cowen is there and he's wearing #4.

Really hope Daugavins is okay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum