GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0)

+25
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
ddt
tim1_2
dennycrane
TheAvatar
jawal
NEELY
sandysensfan
Riprock
SensHulk
Flo The Action
SDH89
Hoags
spader
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Who does Bryan Murray hire to be the next head coach?

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap212%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap238%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 10 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap215%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 4 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap24%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap24%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap212%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 69]

991Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also word around the campfire was that DaBoer was considering an assistant position in Detroit.

992Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hard to say, but Kleinendorst said he would be an assistant coach depending on who the head coach was. I could see Murray asking him again and I could see him accepting. Assistant coaches normally get more buzz when a HC job opens, I'd think about it if I was KK.

He said he prefers being a head coach, being an assistant is totally different.

993Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hard to say, but Kleinendorst said he would be an assistant coach depending on who the head coach was. I could see Murray asking him again and I could see him accepting. Assistant coaches normally get more buzz when a HC job opens, I'd think about it if I was KK.

He said he prefers being a head coach, being an assistant is totally different.

I agree, but he said that on the Team. He said that he'd prefer to be a HC - even in the AHL - but would consider being assistant in Ottawa depending on who ended up being HC.

994Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I agree, but he said that on the Team. He said that he'd prefer to be a HC - even in the AHL - but would consider being assistant in Ottawa depending on who ended up being HC.

I doubt Paul Maclean is who he was referring to.

995Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:07 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it think it's the best case scenario with KK cuz if we don't upgrade him to assist we'll lose him to another organization. i read it somewhere that he was offered an assist position somewhere else i think. keep him in the fold and if maclean falters then KK is stuck with the interim tag for a while. now no one wants that to happen... heads would roll.

996Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Also word around the campfire was that DaBoer was considering an assistant position in Detroit.

Perhaps its imminent that Paul Maclean is coming to Ottawa?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I doubt Paul Maclean is who he was referring to.

but if you think about all the candidates, there's not one that would seem to fit with Kleinendorst, so who knows

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just found out that MacLean is *only 53 years old*. He looks 65, at least. Just like Wilford Brimley, who was playing "grandpa" since his mid-30s.

Do you know how old Brimley was in Cocoon (the first one)? He was a year older than I am now, for crying out loud! A year before that he played the grandpa in Hotel New Hampshire and "Pop" Fisher in The Natural. Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Head coaches normally pick their staff, no? So wouldn't it be weird for someone to come in and then pick KK as an assistant? Don't head coaches normally pick guys they are familiar with?

1000Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Completely agree. MacLean has no connection to KK as far as I know. I suppose he could interview him, but I'm sure he's got a list of candidates already.

1001Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Well whoever is coming in is already stuck with Richardson and Walmsley, so adding KK to the mix as an assistant might not be as big a deal as some are making it. That being said I would have fired everyone and let the new coach pick his whole staff, so what do I know.

1002Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I really doubt Paul MacLean who's been waiting all this time for a HC position wants to share the limelight and responsabilities with the runner up for his job. That'd be awkward.

The scenario KK talked about when he was an AC was pretty much a Head Coach 1A/1B scenario where responsibilities are divided. KK wants to be a head coach, even if its the AHL.

I don't think we can have our cake and eat it too, BM has to decide between MacLean or KK.

I think he'll go with MacLean since he is more familiar with him, it's no secret BM wants to be the Red Wings of the East.

1003Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I really doubt Paul MacLean who's been waiting all this time for a HC position wants to share the limelight and responsabilities with the runner up for his job. That'd be awkward.

The scenario KK talked about when he was an AC was pretty much a Head Coach 1A/1B scenario where responsibilities are divided. KK wants to be a head coach, even if its the AHL.

I don't think we can have our cake and eat it too, BM has to decide between MacLean or KK.

I think he'll go with MacLean since he is more familiar with him, it's no secret BM wants to be the Red Wings of the East.
Drool

1004Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bobby Mac says: Hearing Paul MacLean and Ottawa Senators are in final stages of completing a deal for him to become the next head coach.

Sounds like we're almost there...

1005Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol MacLean's fellow assistant coach in Anaheim was Greg Carvel Laugh1

1006Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:lol MacLean's fellow assistant coach in Anaheim was Greg Carvel Laugh1
HA! Now that is funny...

1007Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:lol MacLean's fellow assistant coach in Anaheim was Greg Carvel Laugh1
HA! Now that is funny...

Why is it funny?

1008Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 67 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Because he was just fired here...so kind of ironic, andc if he wanted him on his staff it would be weird.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 69]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum