GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0)

+25
rooneypoo
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
ddt
tim1_2
dennycrane
TheAvatar
jawal
NEELY
sandysensfan
Riprock
SensHulk
Flo The Action
SDH89
Hoags
spader
shabbs
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 52 ... 69  Next

Who does Bryan Murray hire to be the next head coach?

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap212%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap238%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 10 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap215%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 4 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap24%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap24%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap212%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap20%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_lcap27%Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 69]

511Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 11:35 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KK also won the gold at the U-18's a year ago.

512Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:KK also won the gold at the U-18's a year ago.

The more I think about it, the more sure I am that this is our guy. I think he can continue what CC and Spezza started with his development as well by pushing him. He can also possibly make guys like Z.Smith more than just 4th line plugs.

If he brings the same 'team' mentality to the Sens, it would be something we lacked until Murray gutted the roster at the deadline and the kids started coming in. Perhaps KK can continue the mentality and have the team playing as a group - and thus, winning some games.

513Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Virtually no rumours seem to suggest that KK will be the guy, barring an epic collapse in this series.

514Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I would definitely like KK as Sens head coach. If he wins the Calder Cup, I'm not sure that gives him an advantage over guys like Muller who have NHL experience, but KK should definitely be a strong candidate for the job.

He was an assistant for the NJ Devils when they went to the finals in 01-02 so he has some NHL experience. I think people are reaching for arguments in favor of hiring Muller because he's the "sexy" choice.

515Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 11:49 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

It's a tough call all around. BM can't possibly hire another coach who turns out to be a bust, and still expect to be employed (regardless of that contract extension). He has to consider this one carefully, and a relative no-name might scare him off or it attract him. Ditto with vet coaches.

The question is, will we hire the best man, or the man least likely to fail awfully? The two ideas aren't the same.

516Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I would definitely like KK as Sens head coach. If he wins the Calder Cup, I'm not sure that gives him an advantage over guys like Muller who have NHL experience, but KK should definitely be a strong candidate for the job.

He was an assistant for the NJ Devils when they went to the finals in 01-02 so he has some NHL experience. I think people are reaching for arguments in favor of hiring Muller because he's the "sexy" choice.

Muller has a lot more NHL experience and he's pretty much the main communicator on the Habs. He's been behind the bench for like5 years now I believe? Obviously we have no idea who would make a better coach, but I think KK and Muller are similar (and Muller has real NHL experience as a player, something KK never had. That could be an advantage).

517Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Muller has a lot more NHL experience and he's pretty much the main communicator on the Habs. He's been behind the bench for like5 years now I believe? Obviously we have no idea who would make a better coach, but I think KK and Muller are similar (and Muller has real NHL experience as a player, something KK never had. That could be an advantage).

Right. On the other hand Muller has never been a Head Coach and any level. Basically, there is no way I can be convinced that Muller is a MUCH better choice than KK to coach the Ottawa Senators and I would have a tough time agreeing that he's even a slightly better choice either. If we were talking about the Montreal Canadiens, my opinion would be different.

518Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:It's a tough call all around. BM can't possibly hire another coach who turns out to be a bust, and still expect to be employed (regardless of that contract extension). He has to consider this one carefully, and a relative no-name might scare him off or it attract him. Ditto with vet coaches.

The question is, will we hire the best man, or the man least likely to fail awfully? The two ideas aren't the same.

A good point, but - I think if he hires KK, it'll be a 3 year deal and he won't fire him no matter what - actually, I would guess the next coach is here for a minimum of 3 years - no firings no matter what.

519Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:It's a tough call all around. BM can't possibly hire another coach who turns out to be a bust, and still expect to be employed (regardless of that contract extension). He has to consider this one carefully, and a relative no-name might scare him off or it attract him. Ditto with vet coaches.

A good point, but - I think if he hires KK, it'll be a 3 year deal and he won't fire him no matter what - actually, I would guess the next coach is here for a minimum of 3 years - no firings no matter what.
Book it?

Ted Nolan...

520Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Book it?

Ted Nolan...

Yeah, I would book it. I think Murray would keep the coach even if we went 0-82. It would be him that gets fired before the next coach (IMO of course).

Ted Nolan...so much controversy around him. He really seemed to make himself at odds with the Isles and their management - and while he may have had some right to do that, it's a red flag IMO.

521Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll toss a tweet to Joy and see if she'll comment on KK being a viable HC for Ottawa, but I know she thinks he's great, so I think I know her answer.

522Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll toss a tweet to Joy and see if she'll comment on KK being a viable HC for Ottawa, but I know she thinks he's great, so I think I know her answer.

If she thinks he's great you should ask someone less biased. I wonder what this guy would think?

Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Tony-t10

523Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
@
@SpezDispenser He is a great communicator who understands his players and cares about what is best for each and every one of them.

@SpezDispenser He could, and one day will be, a solid NHL coach, but Sens might be better served letting him continue developing prospects.
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

524Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Wed May 18, 2011 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It sucks as we get to know the process of prospects etc. a bit better. She's right, we need them to be nurtured and have success with a solid coach, or they might never be NHLers, but at the same time, I feel he's our guy... :crossarms:

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Right. On the other hand Muller has never been a Head Coach and any level. Basically, there is no way I can be convinced that Muller is a MUCH better choice than KK to coach the Ottawa Senators and I would have a tough time agreeing that he's even a slightly better choice either. If we were talking about the Montreal Canadiens, my opinion would be different.

Lindy Ruff and Joel Quenneville were never head coaches before they got their first HC gig either.

You either got what it takes .... or you don't.

They shouldn't let lack of HC experience be a determining factor.

526Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Thu May 19, 2011 10:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brad McCrimmon apparently will not return as assistant coach in Detroit. Ottawa bound? I'd be just fine with that, he's about ready.

527Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Muller to Ottawa. Book it.

528Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) - Page 35 Empty Re: Predict the Sens Next Coach (Version 2.0) Thu May 19, 2011 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Muller to Ottawa. Book it.

Perhaps. I've heard more than once that Nieuwendyk likes Clouston as much as Muller, so maybe they go with Clouston or even McCrimmon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 69]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 52 ... 69  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum