GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Murray signs 3-year extension as GM!

+16
TheAvatar
dennycrane
spader
NEELY
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SDH89
strachattack
Ev
tim1_2
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
shabbs
SensHulk
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

All I know is Greg Carvel has a 3-year lease on life.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We all know the goalies deflated but at the beginning, as rooneypoo has stated before, they weren't the reason why we sucked. Our offense was nowhere to be found. Somebody's got to take the blame for our worst offensive year EVER.

I blame having Spezza out for 20 games, Michalek for 16 and The Alfie for 28. TwoThumbsUp!

ya. We didn't just lose a lot of players to injury, we lost the majority of the offensive heavyweights. Considering that Kovalev kova-loafed, Foligno took his time warming up, and Regin Dung the bed, there wasn't a lot of offense to spread around.

Nah, this was before Spezza got injured...and Alfie and Michalek were still in there as well. The goalies were fine for the first month.

Regin and Foligno shouldn't have been relied on as much anyway.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We all know the goalies deflated but at the beginning, as rooneypoo has stated before, they weren't the reason why we sucked. Our offense was nowhere to be found. Somebody's got to take the blame for our worst offensive year EVER.

I blame having Spezza out for 20 games, Michalek for 16 and The Alfie for 28. TwoThumbsUp!

ya. We didn't just lose a lot of players to injury, we lost the majority of the offensive heavyweights. Considering that Kovalev kova-loafed, Foligno took his time warming up, and Regin Dung the bed, there wasn't a lot of offense to spread around.

Nah, this was before Spezza got injured...and Alfie and Michalek were still in there as well. The goalies were fine for the first month.

Regin and Foligno shouldn't have been relied on as much anyway.

That's valid. Both were expected to do more than they were able to do at the time. The Sens didn't have any sort of backup plan. Good point.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

So let me understand this..

Before you were blaming Murray and wanted him gone and hire McGuire (don't really know if it was you but it seemed the consensus replacement), and now that he's signed you want Clouston to go.

Who is to blame for players not buying in and playing a system they were expected to play? I guess you blame the coach when players don't execute. It's a fact of pro sports that it's easier to fire one than 30, but maybe just maybe if Murray brings Clouston back he's making a statement that it's on the players, not the coach or GM.

Oh, and somewhere I remember hearing Melnyk saying that Murray traded away all the problem players and that's part of the reason for the turn around. Who exactly were the problems? I'm assuming just Ruutu and Kovalev, as they were the only two Murray didn't gush over when he had to announce they were traded away. Surely Mike F. and Chris K. weren't problems!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:

Before you were blaming Murray and wanted him gone and hire McGuire (don't really know if it was you but it seemed the consensus replacement), and now that he's signed you want Clouston to go.

Who is to blame for players not buying in and playing a system they were expected to play? I guess you blame the coach when players don't execute. It's a fact of pro sports that it's easier to fire one than 30, but maybe just maybe if Murray brings Clouston back he's making a statement that it's on the players, not the coach or GM.

Oh, and somewhere I remember hearing Melnyk saying that Murray traded away all the problem players and that's part of the reason for the turn around. Who exactly were the problems? I'm assuming just Ruutu and Kovalev, as they were the only two Murray didn't gush over when he had to announce they were traded away. Surely Mike F. and Chris K. weren't problems!

I was being funny. I even made a funny avatar to go along with it.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

In terms of Murray's age, I wouldn't worry about it; his mother is still alive and "all with it". Smile

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:In terms of Murray's age, I wouldn't worry about it; his mother is still alive and "all with it". Smile

ALIVE???!?!?!?!?!? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:In terms of Murray's age, I wouldn't worry about it; his mother is still alive and "all with it". Smile

Yipper, he inherited good genes :-)

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:

I was being funny. I even made a funny avatar to go along with it.

Ahh ok..my bad.

I remember the avatar, but I distinctly remember reading posts about how McGuire would be a better GM......I still think the saying better the devil you know than the one you don't applies to Clouston and the coaching situation.

If the team is responding now (and by that I mean more than just wins and losses, I mean are they buying into a system and belief in the coach) then I'd rather keep what we have than make a change for the sake of change.

In the end, there has to be a quality improvement in coaching to warrant a change. Ie, why take Florida's coach just for the sake of making a change..

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Yipper, he inherited good genes :-)

Must be Wranglers...my Levis never last that long..

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I heard The Gene "tapped" that Donkey...

Hey-O!

It's the weekend everyone.

Beer time now!!!!

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

After that one Shabbs I am not sure you deserve a beer. Facepalm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Hey-O!

Beer time now!!!!

HAHAHAHA

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:

Hey-O!

Beer time now!!!!

Damn, I can't, I gave up booze for lent Drool

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Now that I think of it.....I think it would be short sighted to judge this deal right away. Murray did alot of great things, but he screwed up in alot of aread too. The coaching is what I always look back on and quite frankly, the future of clouston to me will define whether signing murray was good or not. Despite everything, I still don't see how Murray should be allowed to pick another coach

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Now that I think of it.....I think it would be short sighted to judge this deal right away. Murray did alot of great things, but he screwed up in alot of aread too. The coaching is what I always look back on and quite frankly, the future of clouston to me will define whether signing murray was good or not. Despite everything, I still don't see how Murray should be allowed to pick another coach

That's why I'm thinking Eugene said "I will only re-sign you if you hire Dave Cameron, my buddy"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:Now that I think of it.....I think it would be short sighted to judge this deal right away. Murray did alot of great things, but he screwed up in alot of aread too. The coaching is what I always look back on and quite frankly, the future of clouston to me will define whether signing murray was good or not. Despite everything, I still don't see how Murray should be allowed to pick another coach

That's why I'm thinking Eugene said "I will only re-sign you if you hire Dave Cameron, my buddy"
A GM that signs on under those conditions is basically giving up his power. I can't see Murray doing that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum