GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Murray signs 3-year extension as GM!

+16
TheAvatar
dennycrane
spader
NEELY
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SDH89
strachattack
Ev
tim1_2
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
shabbs
SensHulk
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
this......Cussing this!
Although, if the decision on Clouston is being made "in conjunction with" The Ringmaster, it looks like Cameron is the next coach of your Ottawa Senators.
more to come

Can't see them announcing Cameron while he's still coaching in the OHL playoffs.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Probably the best for the long term future of this team.

Now time to snag a new head coach, please don't let Cameron be our only option.

We already have a better option behind the bench right now.

Did Cory tell you that? I don't understand the pro-Clouston around here, he's done nothing to warrant an extension with this team.

He's done plenty. If you don't like him that's perfectly alright. TwoThumbsUp! You'll probably get your wish too.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Where does this leave poor Pierre McGuire???

In bed with Crosby.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Where does this leave poor Pierre McGuire???

On TV.

And as for the comment that Clouston has done nothing to warrant a new contract, look at how the team has played lately.

I dunno if he should be given a new contract or not, but you can't say he's done nothing to warrant a contract.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As per tsn_wally: Murray "I sure didn't want to leave on a year that we had a performance like this"

Don't blame the man for having pride and wanting to set things right.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Did Cory tell you that? I don't understand the pro-Clouston around here, he's done nothing to warrant an extension with this team.

I don't get the clouston hate around here frankly....he's got a very respectable record and is performing admirably right now. Why doesn't any of the credit go to the coaches....PK has been great under him and Carvel. Injuries aren't his fault....kovalev wasn't his fault.....fisher kept playing because murray didn't have cap space to spend on callups.....elliott/leclaire weren't clouston's doing......in fact he more often chose the correct goalie (elliott over leclaire).....he got outcoached by a jack adams nominee in dan bylsma in the playoffs but still had a team, severely under armed with injuries to michalek, kovalev, kuba and pushed them to game 6 overtime.....clouston is learning too.

I can't see why the players have an issue with this guy either, but that would probably be the only justifiable reason to get rid of him. Otherwise, he's been great.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I don't get the clouston hate around here frankly....he's got a very respectable record and is performing admirably right now.

This was posted in another thread. Looks good to me.

wprager wrote:He's got a 63-43-10 record. That's actually not bad, considering how the goaltending went this year.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You mean 2 out of 3 winnings seasons, developing players like Lee and Karlsson, and having a well above 500 record in his time in Ottawa doesn't warrent a 2nd chance? Hmmm, interesting.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not Pierre McGuire... check.

A good day.

Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Agreed.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't mind seeing Clouston back, a lot of what went wrong was out of his hands. No coach could have made a playoff berth will Smelliott and Leclaire on the IR.

Then again I don't know if I want to see Clouston try and trap his way into the playoffs for the next 3 years, might as well try and hire Lemaire.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Clouston back, a lot of what went wrong was out of his hands. No coach could have made a playoff berth will Smelliott and Leclaire on the IR.

Then again I don't know if I want to see Clouston try and trap his way into the playoffs for the next 3 years, might as well try and hire Lemaire.

You play with what ya got. If The Sens ever won a cup by doing what NJ did I doubt people would complain.

Clouston lets the skill play and he wants the everyone else to play within a system. With what he has done with the young D thus far (PROVEN track record to this point) having him behind the bench with Rundblad and Cowen coming in might be a very good idea... he usually makes the right calls in terms of what to do with him players.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Clouston back, a lot of what went wrong was out of his hands. No coach could have made a playoff berth will Smelliott and Leclaire on the IR.

You play with what ya got. If The Sens ever won a cup by doing what NJ did I doubt people would complain.

Clouston lets the skill play and he wants the everyone else to play within a system. With what he has done with the young D thus far (PROVEN track record to this point) having him behind the bench with Rundblad and Cowen coming in might be a very good idea... he usually makes the right calls in terms of what to do with him players.

No he'd have Ryan Shannon play D and forward during the same game and it would take minutes away from our rookies.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:No he'd have Ryan Shannon play D and forward during the same game and it would take minutes away from our rookies.

That's definitely a problem. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No he'd have Ryan Shannon play D and forward during the same game and it would take minutes away from our rookies.

Clouston’s Ryan Shannon fetish is looking good right now. You’d best come up with an actual argument, lest you lose.

Again, not saying he SHOULD be the coach…he SHOULD be considered.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:No he'd have Ryan Shannon play D and forward during the same game and it would take minutes away from our rookies.

That's definitely a problem. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Hey I heard Bryan Murray was signed tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Clouston’s Ryan Shannon fetish is looking good right now. You’d best come up with an actual argument, lest you lose.

Again, not saying he SHOULD be the coach…he SHOULD be considered.

Because I wasn't clearly joking. Why would Ryan Shannon play D?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Like who? Da Costa? The kid who against Philly just skated around doing nothing in the 1st? That's Clouston's fault? Or is it Clouston's fault that the first shift Da Costa had in the Montreal game he came out and threw a hit as hard as he could, bounced off, got back up and skated back into the play... seems like Clouston sat him down, explained what he needs to do, and Da Costa went out and did it. Da Costa saw a ton of ice last night because Clouston didn't give him ice he didn't deserve but he last night, he gave him basically all he could handle because he bought in and he did what was asked of him.

You were crying about Da Costa the other night but he didn't deserve a second more than he got against Philly. How much did he get last nigbt? I'll guess 12-13 mins, I'll go look now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum