GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Apr. 5, 2011

+12
Riprock
wprager
SensHulk
Ev
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Hoags
rooneypoo
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

... and gets the instigator.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Flyers to the Pwerplay - no penalty to Flyers or Holmstrom for the hit.

Carle actually hip-checked Smith and his head went into Holmstrom's elbow which was at his side.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holmstrom got 5 for fighting...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Holmstrom had the elbow flying...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Holmstrom got 5 for fighting...

Not exactly what I meant. Five for fighting is a given. I was looking for a call on the play.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flyers getting some PP love from the refs tonight...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno's 5th PP goal (14th of season) ties the game. Almost 1/3 of his goals are on the PP.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1-1 after 1.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Not a bad crowd at SBP. Here's hoping they announce my name and I win a Sens worn jersey.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Zack Smith got destroyed. Looks like a head shot. Neil goes after the young Holmstrom.

So I guess the zebras feel the headshot rules don't apply when the offense is committed against a player perceived to be a plug/AHLer? And when's the last time you've seen an instigator call? I didn't see the fight (my kid told me of the headshot -- I'm stuck doing homework with the girls) but I'm glad Neil got his 17 minutes' worth. Why did he get the misconduct? Isn't 2 minutes for instigating enough?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure what to think of the "headshot". Thign is, Smith was falling because of the hipcheck from Carle, and it looked like Holmstrom was coming to hit him, but from what I remember seeing, Holmstrom's elbow was at his side and Smith hit it because of the way he was falling and from Holsmtrom skating into him.

I don't know how the ref's justified the penalties. Denis Potvin is furious though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:1-1 after 1.

Philly goal was a bit lucky. They got outplayed by a team made up of AHLers, duct tape and enthusiasm.

I'm telling you, if the Flyers don't find "the switch" they are going to be golfing after the first round.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I'm not sure what to think of the "headshot". Thign is, Smith was falling because of the hipcheck from Carle, and it looked like Holmstrom was coming to hit him, but from what I remember seeing, Holmstrom's elbow was at his side and Smith hit it because of the way he was falling and from Holsmtrom skating into him.

I don't know how the ref's justified the penalties. Denis Potvin is furious though.

Potvin and Neil's opinion is enough for me Smile

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Another PP goal for OTT ties it at 2 after Richards' 2nd gave the Flyers the 2-1 lead. Shannon's 11th also his 5th ppg.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bobby Butler puts the Sens up 3-2 with just seconds left in the 2nd.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think the Deller pointed up to the rafters after his goal and mouthed "This one's for you SSF!"

Cussing garbage. Can these stupid female parental unit diddlers not lose 3 measly games to playoff bound teams please? A win tonight almost assuredly means FLorida finishes behind us, not to mention those pathetic diddles from Denver. Cussing terrible.

WHAT THE Diddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For real. This is pure garbage. Pride will cost us at the draft. Someone needs to teach Murray, Clouston and the players how to female parental unit diddling tank.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:I think the Deller pointed up to the rafters after his goal and mouthed "This one's for you SSF!"

I heard him alright. Sonofa... Dammit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum