GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Apr. 5, 2011

+12
Riprock
wprager
SensHulk
Ev
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Hoags
rooneypoo
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Apr. 5, 2011

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Apr. 5, 2011 LargeGAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Apr. 5, 2011 AtGAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers  @ Ottawa Senators  - 7:30pm ET - TUE. Apr. 5, 2011 Large

"Fly by night operation."

The Ottawa Senators (30-39-10, 70 pts) host the Philadelphia Flyers (46-22-11, 103 pts) Tuesday for fan appreciation night. With the Senators bottom 3 finish in serious jeopardy and just three games left it looks as though the will of tank nation may have finally won out this time. Injuries have been mounting and not even a spoiler game against the hated Leafs could drive this team to victory.

In comes the high flying Philadelphia Flyers just looking to cruise the rest of the way and not get hurt. They'd still love to finish top in the conference I'm sure so this game will still have some meaning to them. A deep team like the Flyers, despite their current injury situation, should walk all over a basement dweller, riddled with injuries and filled with Bingo Call-ups. Here's hoping we at least see a lot of goals, from both teams, tonight.

Game Coverage:

TV: SNET-E(HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web:ATDHEnet.tv and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Daniel Alfredsson is officially shutting it down for the season as per Team1200 this morning!

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Philadelphia

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson (back - Out for the season)
    Matt Carkner (out for the season)
    Erik Karlsson (thigh laceration - day to day?)
    Pascal Leclaire (Meh) (irrelevant)
    Peter Regin (Shoulder - 4-6 months)
    Sergei Gonchar (concussion)
    Marek Svatos (concussion)

Philadelphia Key Injuries:

Chris Pronger (hand) out until playoffs
    Briere and Betts (lower body - both doubtful for tonight)

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word - Follow GMHockey on Twitter and Facebook

Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GMHockey/184313241608036?sk=wall

GO SENS GO!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Latest updates: Daniel Alfredsson is officially shutting it down for the season as per Team1200 this morning!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Glad Alfi is shutting it down. I think if things don't go as planned for him next year, 11/12 might be his final season.

As for the game, probably another loss. Can't see a team with 3 NHL d men being out, Kuba being hurt, and having little to no offense from anyone not named Spezza, winning this game... hell can't see them winning one the rest of the way. Hopefully Florida can somehow gain a point tonight and pull ahead for good.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This could be a rough one to watch... hopefully the kids get some nice chances and have some fun.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm going to the game. I hope to see a hard fought...loss.

On paper, this game was never in doubt...but you never know! Philly still has something to play for in their division championship AND the conference championship. All signs point to an "L".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Latest updates: Daniel Alfredsson is officially shutting it down for the season as per Team1200 this morning!
Yeah, I guess they'll explore surgery as an option now...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/04/04/17868756.html

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He may as well look at surgery. As long as it's the best option he may as well. From what I heard the recovery is expected to be relatively short and he should be able to still get a good amount of off season training in.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, back surgery. It's easy for us to say "he might as well have it", but it's BACK SURGERY. INVOLVING NERVES. That's not something you just casually go in for on a Sunday morning. I wouldn't want anyone with a knife going anywhere near my spine, thank you very much.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, back surgery. It's easy for us to say "he might as well have it", but it's BACK SURGERY. INVOLVING NERVES. That's not something you just casually go in for on a Sunday morning. I wouldn't want anyone with a knife going anywhere near my spine, thank you very much.
Heh. No doubt. Recover time for the surgery Alfredsson is looking at is 4-6 weeks. In the article, he indicates that he wants to give it another month in the gym before making that call.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens have recalled defensemen Andre Benoit and Patrick Wiercioch and forward Roman Wick from Bingo.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's "Fan Appreciation Night" tonight...

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=558270

"The Ottawa Senators announced today that Tuesday night’s home game against the Philadelphia Flyers will serve as the team’s annual Fan Appreciation Night, when fans in attendance will be eligible to win prizes throughout the evening. Following the game, 20 lucky Senators season-seat owners will receive a game-worn jersey that was used by one of the team’s players during the contest."

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, back surgery. It's easy for us to say "he might as well have it", but it's BACK SURGERY. INVOLVING NERVES. That's not something you just casually go in for on a Sunday morning. I wouldn't want anyone with a knife going anywhere near my spine, thank you very much.

I never said he may as well HAVE surgery so you're anger is misplaced.

Edit: I said if it's the BEST option. That can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Sens have recalled defensemen Andre Benoit and Patrick Wiercioch and forward Roman Wick from Bingo.

Why Wick? Do we have another forward down?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Why Wick? Do we have another forward down?

Svatos out with a concussion for rest of the year.

Interesting that its Wick not Greening.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wick probably deserves a shot on the top line and is going to get it. Greening played a ton of games up with The Sens and he won't be forgotten as he probably makes the team next year. That said, they have to see what they have in Wick as well as he has worked hard in Bingo all year and he has created scoring chances with the limited time he saw in Ottawa.

He will probably be on the top line tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum