GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010.

+22
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
stempniaksen
Bramlet07
sens4win
Riprock
caissie_1
SDH89
shabbs
SensHulk
Devo
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
PTFlea
benIII24III
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Philadelphia @ Ottawa, Mar 23, 2010

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_lcap280%GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010.

GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. LargeGAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. AtGAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Large

Do we get frequent Flyer miles for this?

Ottawa (38-30-5, 81 pts, 2nd in the North East and 5th in the Eastern Conference) host the hobbled Flyers (37-30-5, 6th in the Eastern Conference) tonight at SBP. The Sens are coming off a huge 2-0 win over the rival Habs which, for now, allows the Sens to hang onto 5th place. The Flyers are just trying to make it to the end of the season without too much more going wrong with their team. Now without 2 of their goalies and most recently Jeff Carter hurting his foot; Philly will look to end their mini 2 game slide and pull back even with Ottawa.

This is another huge game for the Sens. Step one was getting this slide to end. Step two is now all about creating a bit of space between Ottawa and the teams below them. Getting third in the division is a bit of a pipe dream at this point but not totally out of the realm of possibility with two more games vs. division leader Buffalo.

Game Coverage
TV: RDS (HD),SNET-E

Radio: Team 1200
Web: check ATDHE.net and Justin.tv

Latest updates:
Michalek out at least 2 weeks.
Elliott to get the start in goal.

Lineups

Ottawa
    Philadelphia

Ottawa Key Injuries

Milan Michalek (leg, out at least 2 weeks then re-evaluate)
    Filip Kuba (lower body, day to day)

Philadelphia Key Injuries

Ray Emery(Hip, out for the season)
    Michael Leighton (Ankle, out 8-10 weeks)
    Jeff Carter (Foot, out 3-4 weeks)

Game Day Previews:

ESPN Preview
    Ottawa Senators.com Preview
    TSN GameDay
    TSN Preview

ESPN Stats Comparison
GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Flyers%40Sens

Media Links:

OfficialSens Twitter
    SensTVOnline

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 7 times in total

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW, they mentioned Michalek's 9MM nickname this morning on TGOR.

Perhaps it's catching on?

- Unknown Author

I think tonight it will be one of those old fasion beat downs. They are coming off a big road win playing a team that is right below them in the standings and can really put away a playoff spot with a win tonight. There is a ton of motivation, more confidence, and their number 1 in the nets.

If they come out flying and get an early goal, they may not only put a beat down on The Flyers, but they may kill their playoff hopes tonight with the teams behind them winning.

Tonight, Elliott just has to be ok, not even good. Just get the job done. The Sens should be able to get 4, 5 tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Added side-by-side stats and TSN's GameDay link (I liked their who's hot/cold analysis).

Philly will definitely try to use Carter's injury as a rallying cry. The Sens will have to overcome that. Hey, *our* top goal scorer is out, too.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What do you expect?? The guy has been retired for how long now? Laughing3

...although it was second-line winger Mike Foligno who got the demotion to the fourth line after being sent off twice for minor penalties early in the game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/03/22/senators_shutout_canadiens/

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Added side-by-side stats and TSN's GameDay link (I liked their who's hot/cold analysis).

Philly will definitely try to use Carter's injury as a rallying cry. The Sens will have to overcome that. Hey, *our* top goal scorer is out, too.

Not anymore. Fisher is our Top scorer now. Wink

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like the Hot cold thing too but why is it that Philly shows two 13 game streaks but Alfie's streak of 13 assists in 11 games or something like that is reduced to 4 points in 2 games??

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Question: When you clinch your division they put a y beside the team name on NHL.com. Do they not also put an x beside it as well if you've clinched a playoff spot?

Washington has the y, which by default, means they should have the x as well right?

- Unknown Author

benIII24III

benIII24III
Prospect
Prospect

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Question: When you clinch your division they put a y beside the team name on NHL.com. Do they not also put an x beside it as well if you've clinched a playoff spot?

Washington has the y, which by default, means they should have the x as well right?
Since by default they have clinched a playoff spot by clinching their division they forgo the x. it is implied. They go with the highest clinched spot you get, so at the one team will have the P for the presidents cup, one will have the z for their conference (note the other conference will have the presidents cup winner, so no z). they 2nd and 3rd place teams have y's, and everyone else the x.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I think tonight it will be one of those old fasion beat downs. They are coming off a big road win playing a team that is right below them in the standings and can really put away a playoff spot with a win tonight. There is a ton of motivation, more confidence, and their number 1 in the nets.

If they come out flying and get an early goal, they may not only put a beat down on The Flyers, but they may kill their playoff hopes tonight with the teams behind them winning.

Tonight, Elliott just has to be ok, not even good. Just get the job done. The Sens should be able to get 4, 5 tonight.

Yep. This sums it up for me as well. Plus, this is Kovalev's favourite team now.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This one is definitely very winnable. I am just a little worried about the emotional let down after a big win vs. a division rival in the Habs. I do expect that they'll come out hard because of what's at stake in the standings and not wanting to slide back into another losing streak.

Tough call. The Flyers are floundering and their desperate but Boucher sucks arse in his career vs. the Sens. Elliott played stellar and is great vs. the Flyers. Ottawa has gotten off the slide but are playing the second of back to backs and it's that dreaded home game after a road trip. The Flyers know if they lose they'll be barely hanging on to the playoffs and could easily slip out.

Edit: Lets just say I have plenty of splinters up here on the fence.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We find out today if Michalek will play again this year. I'm nervous. GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. 432129

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:We find out today if Michalek will play again this year. I'm nervous. GAME DAY:Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators– 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. 432129

Me too. This is scary stuff for us. I know he hasn't done much lately but we need him big time for the playoffs. I hope he's going to be okay.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:I think tonight it will be one of those old fasion beat downs. They are coming off a big road win playing a team that is right below them in the standings and can really put away a playoff spot with a win tonight. There is a ton of motivation, more confidence, and their number 1 in the nets.

Yep. This sums it up for me as well. Plus, this is Kovalev's favourite team now.

what do you mean by this?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

what do you mean by this?

Remember he had that 4 goal outburst against Boucher and Leighton in January?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum