GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm Nov. 6th, 2008

+11
Sens4thecup
jamvan
asq2
PKC
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
mattshock
Cronie
smash88
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Flyers pay a visit to Ottawa tonight. These are two teams that really struggled out of the gate but have been able to get back to .500 hockey recently. I'm expecting a close, tightly fought match as both teams' defense has improved dramatically. Mike Fisher finally found the back of the net last game, hopefully the trend will continue for him.

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

FLYERS: RW Andreas Nodl (lower body), day-to-day; C Darroll Powe (concussion), day-to-day; C Daniel Briere (torn stomach muscle), out indefinitely; D Randy Jones (hip), out indefinitely; RW Josh Beaulieu (undisclosed), out indefinitely; D Ryan Parent (torn labrum), out indefinitely; D Derian Hatcher (knee), out indefinitely; D Mike Rathje (back), out indefinitely.

SENATORS: None

Niittymaki will get the start in net for the Flyers while Auld will get his 7th start in a row for the Senators. Auld has been posting some good numbers and let's hope he keeps it going strong.

Looks like this game will be on Sportsnet East in HD.

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Wow I didn't realize Philly already had that many injuries... That really can't help..

Well can't really feel sorry for them, we have our own problems... LOL

Go Sens Go...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No mercy, no pity... bury them!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I expect a tight-checking, copious battles along the boards kind of game.
It may even be a rough affair, so Neil, get your fists ready, and hey, Smith may end up fighting as well.

Seriously though, I'm quite excited to see how Smith does going up against his former mates... hopefully, like when Ruutu was shouting out remarks during the 2 games in Sweden, Smith also has some insider-info to help the team. Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I totally forgot this was Smith's old team... sweet. This should be a great game!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Smith is going to have a HUGE game, I can feel it!!

Winnie's first perhaps!?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Smith is going to have a HUGE game, I can feel it!!

Winnie's first perhaps!?
It would be great to see Smith and Winchester get goals tonight... but I'll take anyone putting them in for the win! HA HA!

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think we're going to keep on rollin'. Philly is a physical team, but we're going to beat the tar out of them. I can feel it!!

There is no reason with the team we are playing tonight, that they cant bury 5, 6 goals tonight. Goaltending is awful, D is worse, and when Briere is on the ice, its almost a defensive handicap right away.

Sens should win this one at home, and look good doing it, lets hope they do.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's hoping.
And now that you mention it, I almost WISH Briere was playing.
Man, I hate that kid... I'll always remember that poop-eating grin he had on his face when he scored the tying goal in game 5 of ECF during the Sens cup run! ARGH!! man, I hated that... LOL

I assume Cote is in the lineup, so depending on how rough things get, Neil could have his hands full; but I can FEEL a big game coming, and like Shabbs is saying, I think we'll see goals from a few new faces tonight...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Here's hoping.
And now that you mention it, I almost WISH Briere was playing.
Man, I hate that kid... I'll always remember that poop-eating grin he had on his face when he scored the tying goal in game 5 of ECF during the Sens cup run! ARGH!! man, I hated that... LOL

I assume Cote is in the lineup, so depending on how rough things get, Neil could have his hands full; but I can FEEL a big game coming, and like Shabbs is saying, I think we'll see goals from a few new faces tonight...

We do usually always have really great games with the Flyers... I am looking forward to it...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Briere, ohhh I hate that guy.

That Dung eating grin haunts me still Cronie, you're not alone. That goal was some BS.

Good thing we had THE CAPTAIN!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:I assume Cote is in the lineup
Yup. As per TSN's Ice Chips...

Antero Niittymaki will start tonight's game at Ottawa. Nate Raduns, 24,
will make his NHL debut tonight, centring Riley Cote and Arron Asham on
the fourth line. Also, defenceman Ossi Vaananen (upper-body injury)
will be replaced by Lasse Kukkonen. Right wing Andreas Nodl (groin) is
expected to be replaced by 30-year-old Boyd Kane, another player
promoted from the Phantoms, on the line with Jeff Carter and Scottie
Upshall. Daniel Briere skated for over an hour and said the earliest he
could return is next week. - Philadelphia Inquirer

Could be a physical affair...

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SNet-East again! I'm force-fed a diet of Leafs in high def, while the Sens (if shown at all) are in Soft-Definition. The only HD games I've seen were the first two in Sweden, and the horrible loss to the Leafs.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Standard def beats the grainy Sopcast I'll be watching.. :bounce:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum