GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010

+22
Sens4thecup
Urkie
dennycrane
Number Twenty Nine
pegsensfan
Riprock
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
sens4win
SensHulk
Hobiesens
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
SDH89
Bramlet07
Hoags
PTFlea
PKC
wprager
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Toronto @ Ottawa, March 16, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_lcap280%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 80% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010.

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Large GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 At GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Large

Home ... home again. I like to be here when I can ...

Ottawa (37-27-5, 79 pts, 2nd in the Northeast and 5th in the Eastern Conference) come home to host the Leafs (23-34-12, 58 pts, last in the Conference) Tuesday night, 7:30PM EST. Saturday night the Sens started slowly, trailing the high-octane Canucks 17-2 in shots on goal after 1. Only some amazing acrobatics from Elliott kept it close; in fact, a beautiful coast-to-coast goal from Jason Spezza tied the game at 1-1. Then the wheels came off as Vancouver scored short-handed, even-strength and one the power play, all in the space of 7 minutes. The Canucks skated away with a 5-1 victory, after scoring an insurance marker mid way through the third.

Read the full recap [http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2009021013]here[/url].

The Leafs are all but mathematically eliminated. As we all know too well, this is when they are at their most dangerous. I'd love to sit Alfie out, but he's chasing the 1,000 games milestone, and the party's already been planned.

Game Coverage
TV: SNET-O(HD), SNET-E
Radio: Team 1200
Web: check ATDHE.net and Justin.tv

Latest updates:
Foligno expected to suit up
Fisher is "doubtful" with an upper body injury.
Elliott to start.

Lineups

Ottawa
    Toronto

Ottawa Key Injuries

F Nick Foligno (Broken leg, expected to play)
    D Chris Campoli (lower body, will test his knee Tuesday morning)
    Filip Kuba (lower body, questionable)
    Mike Fisher (upper body, doubtful)

Leafs Key Injuries

Mike Van Ryn (knee surgery, rest of season)
    Mike Komisarek (shoulder surgery, rest of season)
    Fredrik Sjostrom (upper body, one more week)

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN.com

ESPN Stats Comparison
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators – 7:30PM EST, Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Leafs%40Sens

Media Links:
    Clouston speaks following morning skates: http://bit.ly/d0eptQ
    Official Sens Twitter
    SensTVOnline

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

According to Sens Chirp, it's still too early in the season to call this a must win game...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this is absolutely a must win game. We have a lot of Dung to get in order, now would be a start against one of the crappiest teams in the league, there's zero excuse. Factor in that Foligno, Kuba and Campoli are all possible to play and we're back to full health.

I expect nothing less than a victory - and I expect to score goals. Anything less is a tremendous failure. IMO, the Sens season is at stake here, coast too much longer and we'll be starting on the road, a place that we cannot win. Get our act together and we could get hot at the right time.

I'm still holding out hope, but another game like the Canucks game and we'll start to be in deep, deep trouble.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Side-by-side stats added. Read that Campoli will test out his knee Tuesday morning, so that sounds like a game-day decision. Foligno is expected to play. That leaves Kuba, who has been "possible" the last three games. This is eerily reminiscent of his early-season injury -- the one that derailed Karlsson's Calder campaign.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Technically, no, it's not close to a must-win game, but I do share SD's sentiment. We not only need two points, we need our confidence back. Unfortunately I don't think the Leafs will necessarily oblige.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wes Goldstein's power rankings are out, and the Habs are ahead of the Sens. Can't say I disagree. 6 games, 8 goals, 1 win. Those are ugly numbers. The Habs are ranked 10th, ahead of not only Ottawa, but Buffalo as well (again, I don't disagree).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Prolly not going to watch this one.

With the way they've been playing lately, I don't think I can handle another loss to the Leafs.

And no flu excuse this time.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Any word whats wrong with Fisher? I caught abit of tsn's thats hockey and it said he wont play tomorrow.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

We're going to get the ball rolling tomorrow, usually I don't feel to optimistic against the Leafs (how sad is that?) but tomorrow is our night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bramlet07 wrote:Any word whats wrong with Fisher? I caught abit of tsn's thats hockey and it said he wont play tomorrow.

What? Really? I didn't hear anything. Intriguing, what a chance for Regin or Cullen. Wow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, Fisher out means that Winchester won't be scratched I guess?

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Regin - Kovalev
Kelly - Cullen - Shannon
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil

I guess?

EDIT: Switch Regin and Cullen I would imagine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hear no Kuba, but we'll know tomorrow I guess. Diddle, do I ever miss Kuba, even with all his issues.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

God, I just hope there's no "Carkner-Orr Round 4"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:God, I just hope there's no "Carkner-Orr Round 4"

Really? I kinda hope there is. Maybe Neil will come out and run him into the boards a couple of times, and then, when the shift is almost over, Carkner will have a go at him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carkner will just lose again. He isn't even fighting anymore because of Orr.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum