GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mar. 9th, 2009

+15
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
Hockeyhero22000
Urkie
asq2
PTFlea
wprager
Cronie
davetherave
SensFan71
beedub
Acrobat
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mar. 9th, 2009 Maple_leafs @ GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mar. 9th, 2009 Senators

The surprisingly improving Leafs roll into Ottawa to face the Sens tonight at SBP. The Leafs find themselves rising in the standings and heading towards their all-too-familiar 9th spot. Leaf Nation has been hoping for a full-on tanking for Tavares, but that does not seem to be the situation. Sens Nation also seems to be hoping for a full-on tanking to secure a top 5 draft pick. So, tonight could be more about who wants to lose, rather than who wants to win. Heh heh. Personally, I don't mind winning this one, especially if it's a 3-point game.

Starting goalies as per: http://goaliepost.com/
- Ottawa: Elliott (firm) - Ottawa Sun
- Toronto: Joseph (firm) - Sportsnet

Thoughts of Gerber back in Ottawa were racing through Sens fans' minds recently I'm sure. It certainly would be interesting to see Gerber in nets for the Leafs.

TSN's Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

Ottawa Senators:
The Ottawa Senators have recalled defenceman Brian Lee on an emergency basis from their American Hockey League affiliate in Binghamton. - Press Release

Toronto Maple Leafs
Curtis Joseph is expected to get the start in net Monday when the Maple Leafs face the Ottawa Senators. - TSN

Black And Blue Report as per TSN:

Ottawa Senators:
Cody Bass - on injured reserve and is expected to miss the remainder of the season - left shoulder surgery; Pascal Leclaire - on injured reserve and is out indefinitely - ankle surgery; Chris Neil - on injured reserve and is out indefinitely - lacerated right calf/flu-like symptoms; Alexandre Picard - on injured reserve and is expected to miss the remainder of the season - knee; Jason Smith - expected to miss Monday's game against Toronto - lower body

Toronto Maple Leafs:
Jamie Heward - on injured reserve and is out indefinitely - concussion; Olaf Kolzig - on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season - left biceps tendon surgery; Erik Reitz - out indefinitely - stress fracture in right foot; Niklas Hagman - out indefinitely - concussion; Tomas Kaberle - expected to miss 1-2 weeks - right hand; Vesa Toskala - will miss the remainder of the season - to undergo hip/groin surgery; Mike Van Ryn - out indefinitely - left leg; Jonas Frogren - out indefinitely - lower body

ESPN's Stats Comparison:

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mar. 9th, 2009 Leafssens

Game is on: RDS, Leafs TV, SNET-E (HD).

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by shabbs on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated starting goalie information.)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope Ottawa has another pasting in their back pocket to unload on the hated Leafs.

Go Sens Go!!!

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'd like to see Gerber in net, just so we can give him a proper send-off.

As was mentioned many times in the past, he was an absolute professional, and he deserves a proper thank-you.

We can jeer and harass the rest of the Laffs, but at least, for a moment, we should acknowledge Gerber's professionalism while he was here.

Then he could do us one last favour and beat us, so Tank Nation can remain strong and proud. I want Hedman (for the Senators, not in any other sort of way...)

EDIT: not that there's anything wrong with that...

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

If Toronto has Joseph in nets, they really want Ottawa to win this game. Joseph has nothing left. It would be like Ottawa putting Gordie Wilson in nets.

I'll be honest, I would sure enjoy another game like Saturday's

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well Toronto has had our number this year, 3-0-1, so yeah, I am with SSF on a good old fashioned pasting of Toronto would feel good (8-0 memories coming back), however, am with Acrobat on having Gerber beat us, helping us achieve our goal, a top 5 pick. Am very torn on this one, but am agreed, proper respect must be shown to Gerber, he was a consumate professional through the 3 years in Ottawa and we should wish him the best in the rest of his career.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

beedub wrote:If Toronto has Joseph in nets, they really want Ottawa to win this game. Joseph has nothing left. It would be like Ottawa putting Gordie Wilson in nets.

Heh. Don't be so sure... last time Toronto beat us... Joseph was in net.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
beedub wrote:If Toronto has Joseph in nets, they really want Ottawa to win this game. Joseph has nothing left. It would be like Ottawa putting Gordie Wilson in nets.

Joseph always has had our number lol, damn him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Yeah. And somehow Elliott got roasted by fans and media for that disgraceful loss.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I'll be there...interesting to see what kind of atmosphere will prevail, as much as the contest on the ice.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:I'll be there...interesting to see what kind of atmosphere will prevail, as much as the contest on the ice.

you thinking Spezz and Blakes go to fisticuffs? lol.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm voting for a pasting, and if there is a change and Gerbs goes in, I TRULY hope Sens Nation will NOT boo him as he was and remains to epitomize what a consumate professional should be. (as pointed out by Acrobat as well).

I want to see Toronto get lit up, fast, quickly and relentlessly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any word on Shean Donovan? He got an assist against the Ruffalos so I'm assuming he's a healthy scratch.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I'm voting for a pasting, and if there is a change and Gerbs goes in, I TRULY hope Sens Nation will NOT boo him as he was and remains to epitomize what a consumate professional should be. (as pointed out by Acrobat as well).

I want to see Toronto get lit up, fast, quickly and relentlessly.

Foligno and Shannon then with a hat trick each, final score 10 - 1.....i didn't want to give them that one, but they will be pesky enough to get it lol. our pk hasn't been the same as it was.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm listening to Dreger and Watters and I hate the Leafs even more. They are laying out their blueprint for the Blue and White like it was fact.

Signing all the best college players, trading Kaberle for Tampa's 1st round pick, drooling over having the Schenn brothers on their team, passing over MSP for a "better" player... All in one summer!

How can you not hate them?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm listening to Dreger and Watters and I hate the Leafs even more. They are laying out their blueprint for the Blue and White like it was fact.

Signing all the best college players, trading Kaberle for Tampa's 1st round pick, drooling over having the Schenn brothers on their team, passing over MSP for a "better" player... All in one summer!

How can you not hate them?

because of their mascot, oh wait, no, i hear he takes candy from babies, I hate him too lol (kidding by the way), everything about the Toronto organization is "smug", starting from their ownership to their posterboy for smugness GM Burke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum