GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm EST - Mar. 9th, 2009

+15
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
Hockeyhero22000
Urkie
asq2
PTFlea
wprager
Cronie
davetherave
SensFan71
beedub
Acrobat
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Beach is not comparable to Evander Kane in talent or offensive potential.

He and Schenn are perhaps comparable but Schenn is just as physically dominant, better defensively and a leader rather than a head-case.

In terms of guys I would want on my team, Beach doesn't even approach those two.

asq2 wrote:Beach is not comparable to Evander Kane in talent or offensive potential.

He and Schenn are perhaps comparable but Schenn is just as physically dominant, better defensively and a leader rather than a head-case.

In terms of guys I would want on my team, Beach doesn't even approach those two.

Beach def has the offensive potential of Kane, no doubt in my mind. I also love the fact he in a little nuts and loves to play that type of game. I think he is exactly the type of player Ottawa needs and has never had.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I don't believe that for a second. He may put up more points, but in terms of over-all offensive potential, Kane has him beat.

Dynamic speed and acceleration, soon to be great strength, disgusting shot, Heatley-lite understanding of finding holes to make oneself open and the ability to finish.

Beach is so over-rated IMO. And I'd much rather have a guy who's physical enough to hurt the other team (Schenn, Kane) but not an idiot who'll hurt yours like Avery does.

Emery was " a little nuts."

asq2 wrote:I don't believe that for a second. He may put up more points, but in terms of over-all offensive potential, Kane has him beat.

Dynamic speed and acceleration, soon to be great strength, disgusting shot, Heatley-lite understanding of finding holes to make oneself open and the ability to finish.

Beach is so over-rated IMO. And I'd much rather have a guy who's physical enough to hurt the other team (Schenn, Kane) but not an idiot who'll hurt yours like Avery does.

Emery was " a little nuts."

I loved Emery's on ice attitude, its everything else that sucked including his play. I like Beach and think he def has the potential to be totally dominate in a few years. Getzlaf like.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Well, that first paragraph sounded stupider than I intended it to.

What I mean is: we may look back and find that Beach has put up more points, but that'll either be a case of him having vastly superior line-mates, or Kane not fulfilling his potential.

Anyway, as a complement to Spezza I'd much rather have, even if their attributes on the ice were even, a player who is a leader and makes smart decisions over one who can and will probably hurt his team at inopportune times.

asq2 wrote:Well, that first paragraph sounded stupider than I intended it to.

What I mean is: we may look back and find that Beach has put up more points, but that'll either be a case of him having vastly superior line-mates, or Kane not fulfilling his potential.

Anyway, as a complement to Spezza I'd much rather have, even if their attributes on the ice were even, a player who is a leader and makes smart decisions over one who can and will probably hurt his team at inopportune times.

I like Beach and if he can get his temper under control I think you will see him lift the cup before too long. Kane, Toews, Beach... I dont think there is a better young tio in the league.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Does that mean you meant for it to sound stupid, but not quite that stupid? :KJK:

I think you raise good points.

Ottawa's trying to clean up a big mess. At this point in time, they can't take a chance on someone like Beach, even if the offensive upside is marginally better. Perhaps if things had been handled differently by Paddock, then it'd be a risk that would be worth taking.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

Does that mean you meant for it to sound stupid, but not quite that stupid? :KJK:

Ottawa's trying to clean up a big mess. At this point in time, they can't take a chance on someone like Beach, even if the offensive upside is marginally better. Perhaps if things had been handled differently by Paddock, then it'd be a risk that would be worth taking.

Is "stupider" even a word, or would it be "more stupid" confused Ahhhhh!

I'm not sure what I meant. But I'd certainly take a leader over a head-case.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

stupid is as stupider does lol

Is "stupider" even a word, or would it be "more stupid" confused Ahhhhh!

I'm not sure what I meant. But I'd certainly take a leader over a head-case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum