GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick!

+31
Straight Shooter
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
Jordo
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
andyman998
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
22_4_ever
asq2
jawal
SDH89
SensFan71
tim1_2
beedub
shabbs
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
PTFlea
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 25]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:Got a letter from Cyril leader. Basically it said once they decided that in order to move forward moving Fisher was in the teams best interest, then making an effort to send him to Nashville where he would be most happy was a priority.

It's possible that Nashville refused to allow a prospect go with the deal knowing that Fisher wanted to be there. In this case, Ottawa did the right thing by sending the player to somewhere he would be happy.

There's a possibility that I don't agree with that personally. Give me the prospect or eat Dung and die, there were two other teams interested. I think that was his worth in the end.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:Don't know where the Sun got it's info but directly from the Senators web site.

"OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today the club has acquired a first-round draft pick in the 2011 entry draft and a third-round draft pick in 2012 from the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Mike Fisher. The selection in 2012 can move up to a second-round pick."

So it's a 1st and a 3rd and the 3rd moves to a 2nd if the Predators do well.

That was how I understood it too.

I know, but no one is understanding that only the playoffs matter this season for Nashville and then the regular season, plus potential playoffs in 2011-12.

That is what will determine the exact position of the conditional pick.

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Who cares if the pick is a 3rd or 2nd rounder? If nashville tanks this year then we end up with another top 10 and a 3rd rounder. I'd take that in a heartbeat over a 15-25 pick and a 2nd rounder.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:

I know, but no one is understanding that only the playoffs matter this season for Nashville and then the regular season, plus potential playoffs in 2011-12.

Worst it is is a 3rd, right?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

I don't know to be honest; too many conflicting reports. Which is one of the reasons I don't use Twitter or look at many internet hockey sites. Everyone seems to care about being the first to type something, anything, even though they don't know all the facts.

What I do know, I typed. The actual # of the pick will be decided by Nashville's results next season; as long as they win a round of playoffs this season.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Steve_Lloyd
Steve Lloyd
For those that missed it. Murray confirmed
on conf call that return for Fisher is just the 1st if Preds don't make
it out of 1st rd this yr

Last edited by Dash on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Team1200 said that there could potentially be no additional pick. This was characterized as "Breaking News" at 6.20pm

22_4_ever wrote:Got a letter from Cyril leader. Basically it said once they decided that in order to move forward moving Fisher was in the teams best interest, then making an effort to send him to Nashville where he would be most happy was a priority.

It's possible that Nashville refused to allow a prospect go with the deal knowing that Fisher wanted to be there. In this case, Ottawa did the right thing by sending the player to somewhere he would be happy.

Like Heatley you mean?

Screw that, if Fisher had no NMC/NTC, then Murray's sole obligation is to maximize the asset.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:http://bit.ly/hNuILb Murray on the trade

http://bit.ly/hIN42J Clouston on the trade

http://bit.ly/gGMZgJ Fisher on the trade

Oh man, that Fisher interview is hard to watch.

I look forward to the future, & have long since thought he would needed to be moved, but this is a tough day all the same.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

22_4_ever wrote:Who cares if the pick is a 3rd or 2nd rounder? If nashville tanks this year then we end up with another top 10 and a 3rd rounder. I'd take that in a heartbeat over a 15-25 pick and a 2nd rounder.

I would too, but is that realistic?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
andyman998 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:No, no. 3rd round pick if the Preds get past one round.

Sounds 3rd round pick regardless....turns into a 2nd rounder if they make it pas 2 rounds....as per the Sens official website

"Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today the club has acquired a first-round draft pick in the 2011 entry draft and a third-round draft pick in 2012 from the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Mike Fisher. The selection in 2012 can move up to a second-round pick."

I'm with SpezD. My understanding is 3rd if they win 1 round, 2nd if they win 2 or more. So if they don't win a round, just the 1st.

SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Preds miss the playoffs or get knocked out in the 1st round, we only get the 1st. They make the 2nd round, we get a 3rd in 2012. They make the 3rd round, we get a 2nd in 2012. You had it before SpezD.

Last edited by spader on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Nashville's 1st can be potentially used to trade up a few spots.

If the Sens hold on to it til the draft that's what might happen depending on who's on the Sens' list and who's available at the time.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:http://bit.ly/hNuILb Murray on the trade

http://bit.ly/hIN42J Clouston on the trade

http://bit.ly/gGMZgJ Fisher on the trade

Two things.

In the Fisher video, did anyone else notice the clip of Murray talking to Alfredsson and Spezza? Why wasn't Phillips in on that little pow-wow? Where was he? Let your minds wander there. Haha.

In the Murray video, the GM stated that "young prospects eventually" will be coming in trades.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ I told you.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Steve_Lloyd
Steve Lloyd
For those that missed it. Murray confirmed
on conf call that return for Fisher is just the 1st if Preds don't make
it out of 1st rd this yr

That's slightly weak.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:^ I told you.

Haha. Yes, you did.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

So worst case is Nashville wins the west and loses in the 1st round.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:So worst case is Nashville wins the west and loses in the 1st round.

Diddle... Crazy Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum