GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick!

+31
Straight Shooter
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
Jordo
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
andyman998
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
22_4_ever
asq2
jawal
SDH89
SensFan71
tim1_2
beedub
shabbs
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
PTFlea
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 25]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

In retrospect now, anyone realize how badly we got fleeced in the heatley deal? Fisher netted us a 1st rounder. We just received salary dump...$ for $.....and a 2nd rounder that we traded away. We couldn't even get a stinking first rounder for a 50 goal scorer. Unbelievable

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:In retrospect now, anyone realize how badly we got fleeced in the heatley deal? Fisher netted us a 1st rounder. We just received salary dump...$ for $.....and a 2nd rounder that we traded away. We couldn't even get a stinking first rounder for a 50 goal scorer. Unbelievable

That Cussing prick really jammed us hard.

This trade starts to right a lot or wrongs that occurred in the past.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:In retrospect now, anyone realize how badly we got fleeced in the heatley deal? Fisher netted us a 1st rounder. We just received salary dump...$ for $.....and a 2nd rounder that we traded away. We couldn't even get a stinking first rounder for a 50 goal scorer. Unbelievable

That's why I put several Egyptian curses on the bionic prick.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
111519 wrote:spezza's name is being thrown around again especially involving LA. would you guys move Spezza to LA for Brown and Schenn????

Thrown around by who? Yes, I'd make that deal because it's so one-sided to the Sens. Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 19 270956

Hahahhahahahahahahah.... oh my god would I do that deal. Man, that would go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history for LAK.... Schenn and the captain of the Kings for Spezza? Done and done. But 100% would never ever ever happen.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I don't want to spend money on UFAs when the Sens have guys of their own who they are trying to develop. Give Butler, Petersson and Silfverberg shots over UFAs any day. Even Hoffman and other guys too.

That's the idea of a rebuild. Boyes is not good. Hemsky is injury prone. Schneider would be a slap in the face to Lehner thus killing his development.

Save the money and use it to re-sign Karlsson, and others in the future.

Don't worry; there won't be many quality FAs to choose from this year anyway. But judge for yourself, I suppose:

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php

The people who see us spending to the cap next year either want us to be Toronto 2.0, or think that everyone out there is going to want to come to a last place team playing in a small, cold town.

Yep, sounds right to me! Laugh1

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

If I'm Melnyk, there is NO way that I spend to the cap for at least 3 years. Here's an interesting little research project for anyone who hasn't been drinking scotch yet. How close to the cap were the stanley cup winners since there was a cap?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:yeah I don't see Spezza going anywhere, he is one of the guys still young enough to keep around to usher in the new generation of young Sens, is he the most desirable option for the job, maybe not, but well , he's our # 1 centre, we just need to get him someone to play with, so draft a good winger this year Murray.

You people who want Spezza gone are delusional.

What other C's are available that average more than a point a game. Plus even last year with squat to play with he put up just under a point a game. There were only 8 C's last year that averaged a point a game, 10 the year before and 12 the year before that...

Really...you want to trade away one of the top scoring C's in the league for what? Who is going to replace the scoring void you'll have without him.

"One of the top scoring centres in the league"? Laugh1

When's the last time Spezza even entered the top 100 in terms of points per year among NHL centres? 2008-09? Why do people refuse to see this? Spezza's point totals have been on the decline for four straight years, and he hasn't been a PPG or better player since 2007-08. 2007-08! Four years ago? Come on! Phillips has one bad season & he's done; Spezza has four years of systematic decline in terms of his offensive production, & he's the same player? WTF?

If point-production is the number one thing when it comes to justifying Spezza's role on this team, then the numbers don't justify much of anything at all.

If you're arguing that the Tin Man is the heart & soul of this team, & it's true leader, well, that's another matter.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:A local radio station wants your Mike Fisher jerseys to donate to “hockey-starved kids” in Africa.
Barely 24 hours after the former Senator was shipped to Nashville, Hot 89.9 is seeking old No. 12 uniforms, which may not be of use to Sens fans.
The “Jerseys for Smiles” campaign comes as Mike Fisher jerseys have been marked 60% off at some local sports apparel stores.
Recently, Sports Experts in Bayshore collected more than 250 Dany Heatley jerseys and shipped them to kids in Nairobi, Kenya.
The only piece of a good scoring line missing from Africa is a winger.
— Jamie Long

That's a good idea for those who don't want to keep their Fisher jerseys, great cause! Why not send the old Heatley jerseys and Redden jerseys too? I'm sure there are still some Emery ones and Donovan amongst others hanging around that won't be sold.

EDIT: I guess I should read more...Heatley jerseys were sent to Kenya. That's awesome! I didn't realize they did that.

I'm all for helping out underprivileged kids, but how is this a good idea at all? I don't want to be a Richard, but:

1) Africans don't know what hockey is

2) Hockey jerseys would be way too hot for their climate

3) They would probably be way too big for them anyway

This puts a smile on their face how? They;d be much better off giving these jerseys to poor CANADIAN kids.

Or is this a joke? I honestly can't tell.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Good point. I will give each and everyone of you $10 for your old Heatley / Fisher jersey. We can use them in my beer league Smile

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

a Richard Laughing3

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

When's the last time Spezza even entered the top 100 in terms of points per year among NHL centres? 2008-09? Why do people refuse to see this? Spezza's point totals have been on the decline for four straight years, and he hasn't been a PPG or better player since 2007-08. 2007-08! Four years ago? Come on! Phillips has one bad season & he's done; Spezza has four years of systematic decline in terms of his offensive production, & he's the same player? WTF?

If point-production is the number one thing when it comes to justifying Spezza's role on this team, then the numbers don't justify much of anything at all.

If you're arguing that the Tin Man is the heart & soul of this team, & it's true leader, well, that's another matter.

Spezza = impact player, scoring or not, he's a threat

Phillips = when he's not a defensive D-man, it's a clustercuss.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

don't disrespect Phillips.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:don't disrespect Phillips.

That's putting it with as much respect as humanly possible.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Some people only look at stats when they need it to strengthen their weak argument.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Some people only look at stats when they need it to strengthen their weak argument.

Yeah. How silly of me to defeat an argument that appeals to stats ("Spezza is one of the top scoring centres in the league") by invoking the stats on his actual points production. Silly me.

ThumbsUp

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This was precisely the same argument used in defense of Kovalev. Just saying.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:This was precisely the same argument used in defense of Kovalev. Just saying.

Nothing like the threat Spezza is, not in his time in Ottawa. I can buy that he took some of the defenders' attention off his team mates, but very seldom can I recall him not scoring and still being a threat the way Spezza is.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Spezza talk again? I thought when his NTC kicked in we all agreed that he was here for the long haul?

I don't see a deal that makes any sense unless the Sens are actually interested in blowing it up "5 year plan" style (which I'm not convinced is gonna be the road taken).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum