GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick!

+31
Straight Shooter
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
CockRoche
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
sandysensfan
Jordo
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
andyman998
rooneypoo
spader
wprager
22_4_ever
asq2
jawal
SDH89
SensFan71
tim1_2
beedub
shabbs
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
PTFlea
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 25]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't really think of this, but Neil must be absolutely heartbroken right now. Apparently he looked the most shaken up of everyone.

Good point by you.

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:McKenzie's verdict: Good for Nashville, Ottawa got too little. Laugh1

Only surprise is I thought OTT would get 1st-rounder and good prospect maybe closer to playing, but getting 2 picks emphasizes total rebuild
18 minutes ago via web
Great move for Nashville. Good player, cost certainty for 2 years, current roster unaffected, fills a huge need. All good for the Preds.
21 minutes ago via web

I think it's a great move for both sides. Cap savings are tremendous, we just dropped ANOTHER 4.2 mil for nothing. Add that to Leclaire, Ruutu, Shannon, Phillips and Kovalev who will be gone, that'll be $18.5 million dropped this year.

Incredible.

Not to mention two first round picks! Rebuild is in full swing, no doubt.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Noooooooooooooo

Sad to see but it had to be done.

Question is how does the team respond to this? It looks like they are in shock right now.

Sens gave up a good player.. BUT if this is a re-build then they had to do it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:I think it's a great move for both sides. Cap savings are tremendous, we just dropped ANOTHER 4.2 mil for nothing. Add that to Leclaire, Ruutu, Shannon, Phillips and Kovalev who will be gone, that'll be $18.5 million dropped this year.

Incredible.

Not to mention two first round picks! Rebuild is in full swing, no doubt.

A lot of cabbage for sure, Jordo. Like I said earlier, they can go low-rent with a couple of signings and maybe bank some cap space for the next deadline depending upon where they are in the standings.

I think we can potentially get better results with a lower payroll, personally.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

By the sounds of it it seems like nobody got to say goodbye....is that right?

He was on a plane to Nashville before the team hit the ice this morning for practice.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Talking about Fisher's worth earlier...I thought he would fetch a 1st, a good prospect and a project in return...I thought for sure we'd have a young lad suiting up for us from Nashville on Saturday...I found that odd I'll admit.

In other news...silly news;

PRESS RELEASE // February 10th, 2011
Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 021011-kiss

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 021011-fisherunderwoodAs reported by mainstream news outlets, Ottawa Senators forward Mike Fisher has been traded to the Nashville Predators (coincidentally, he recently married country singer and Nashville resident Carrie Underwood).
As Ottawa residents, we feel this is a betrayal to our community. We know Mike Fisher is not to blame for this trade but feel he was lured away from Ottawa by a country-music superstar. Sure, she's pretty. Yes, she can sing. But can she play hockey? Can she put one top shelf with a slap shot? No!

In protest, the NEW 1053 KISS FM will no longer play any Carrie Underwood songs on our radio station.

We'll miss you, Mike!
The NEW 1053KISS FM Music Department
Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 021011-like

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:By the sounds of it it seems like nobody got to say goodbye....is that right?

He was on a plane to Nashville before the team hit the ice this morning for practice.

That's normal. He said himself that he would go there on off-days during the season anyway. Laugh1

He checked out of here a long time ago.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Talking about Fisher's worth earlier...I thought he would fetch a 1st, a good prospect and a project in return...I thought for sure we'd have a young lad suiting up for us from Nashville on Saturday...I found that odd I'll admit.

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 021011-kiss

Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 021011-fisherunderwoodAs reported by mainstream news outlets, Ottawa Senators forward Mike Fisher has been traded to the Nashville Predators (coincidentally, he recently married country singer and Nashville resident Carrie Underwood).
As Ottawa residents, we feel this is a betrayal to our community. We know Mike Fisher is not to blame for this trade but feel he was lured away from Ottawa by a country-music superstar. Sure, she's pretty. Yes, she can sing. But can she play hockey? Can she put one top shelf with a slap shot? No!

In protest, the NEW 1053 KISS FM will no longer play any Carrie Underwood songs on our radio station.

We'll miss you, Mike!
Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 021011-like

That's so...remarkably stupid.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sure, she's pretty. Yes, she can sing. But can she play hockey? Can she put one top shelf with a slap shot? No!

Nor can Mikey, KISS FM. Drums

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Preds next game: Sat at home vs the Avs.

Keep your eyes peeled...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:By the sounds of it it seems like nobody got to say goodbye....is that right?

That's normal. He said himself that he would go there on off-days during the season anyway. Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 270956

He checked out of here a long time ago.

That he did. I didn't even know he was playing last night...or was he? Preds acquire Mike Fisher for 2011 1st Round Pick + Condition 2012 pick! - Page 8 159628

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Talking about Fisher's worth earlier...I thought he would fetch a 1st, a good prospect and a project in return...I thought for sure we'd have a young lad suiting up for us from Nashville on Saturday...I found that odd I'll admit.

We'll miss you, Mike!

That's so...remarkably stupid.

Weak joke on their part for sure. Tools!

I shall not listen to 1053 KISS FM EVER! (not that i'd want to)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tell me that 105 radio station thing is a hoax.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

so when are we going to queue up the mike fisher appreciation thread? or do you guys do that anymore? 10 years is a long time and he will be missed by the team and the community (and for sure, the kids at the CHEO)

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'll repost since I put this on that KISS FM thing;

Talking about Fisher's worth earlier...I thought he would fetch a 1st, a good prospect and a project in return...I thought for sure we'd have a young lad suiting up for us from Nashville on Saturday...I found that odd I'll admit.

Thoughts?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Tell me that 105 radio station thing is a hoax.

It is, it's stupid but I'm sure it's a joke.

A sad joke, but a joke nonetheless.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:so when are we going to queue up the mike fisher appreciation thread? or do you guys do that anymore? 10 years is a long time and he will be missed by the team and the community (and for sure, the kids at the CHEO)

We should probably have one yes.

I'll add one...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also feel that this is the first warning shot to the entire team. No one is safe, you've all sucked so badly that we're just not gonna blame the coach (instead we'll march him out in the summer). So the players are responsible, before they might have thought it was not gonna happen, now they can all see the writing on the wall. The core of tired, old players need to be purged - with the exception of Alfie. So it starts now, very pleased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum