GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+31
Oglethorpe
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
SensFan71
dennycrane
sandysensfan
22_4_ever
stempniaksen
SDH89
The Silfer Server
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hoags
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
spader
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
CockRoche
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:No suspension or fine for Chara

Huh. The NHL is going to be beat up in by the non-sports news networks over this one, for sure. They were thumping for their proverbial pound of flesh earlier today, that's for sure.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Max had not been injured, we would not be talking about this at all.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Good, NHL got it right. It was a hockey play that went wrong. Feel awful for MP but that's the risk you take playing the game of hockey and yes, it is a risk every single night.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:If Max had not been injured, we would not be talking about this at all.

It wouldn't have even been a penalty.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:If Max had not been injured, we would not be talking about this at all.

I would have given him 2 minutes for interference. The 5 and a game was enough punishment.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:

I could see an interference penalty being called still... but not a game mis-conduct.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

NEELY wrote:

I think it still would have been a penalty; granted, definitely not a game misconduct, but for sure a 2 min interference

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think everyone is in agreement that the Chara play happens about 10 times a night along the boards and in normal circumstances there was probably a less than 50/50 chance that was going to be called a minor. In a 4-0 hockey game, doubtful IMO.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Amnesia021 wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I think it still would have been a penalty; granted, definitely not a game misconduct, but for sure a 2 min interference

Very easily could have been but there have been more obvious calls than that either missed or just not called. That's the only point I am trying to make.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The NHL did the right thing IMO, good call. Still feel badly for Pacioretty, but I don't fault Chara.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Good, no suspension.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:The NHL did the right thing IMO, good call. Still feel badly for Pacioretty, but I don't fault Chara.

They got it right for sure. I also feel very badly for Max. I hope he heals quickly.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

haha what a Dung league.

I agree with Bob McKenzie, should have been a few games suspension.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:haha what a Dung league.

For what? Taking his man out? 9999 out of 10000 nothing happens there. He hit the end of the glass, obviously it sucks and MP could have had his career ended there but it's impossible not to take all danger out of the game. It's a dangerous spot. They both knew where they were on the ice, they knew the risks, they did what they both had to do and the outcome was awful.

People have had their throats slasked, maybe they should just play in shoes. Also, people have had perminate damage done by the puck, maybe they should use a ball. Obviously hitting and contact have taken people out of the game, maybe none of that too. Now it's a league I can play in.

Hockey is dangerous, end of story.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:haha what a Dung league.

For what? Taking his man out? 9999 out of 10000 nothing happens there. He hit the end of the glass, obviously it sucks and MP could have had his career ended there but it's impossible not to take all danger out of the game. It's a dangerous spot. They both knew where they were on the ice, they knew the risks, they did what they both had to do and the outcome was awful.

People have had their throats slasked, maybe they should just play in shoes. Also, people have had perminate damage done by the puck, maybe they should use a ball. Obviously hitting and contact have taken people out of the game, maybe none of that too. Now it's a league I can play in.

Hockey is dangerous, end of story.

Very well said.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'll just quote:

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/45584838610259968

I am surprised to the extent that it was an illegal play (interference) causing injury and that usually results in a 1 to 4 game suspension.

Bush league

Not really any different than Pronger's hit on Holmstrom in my mind.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bob Mac is a joke when he talks about things like this. If people want hitting out the game, just say so, at least they won't come off as someone who is totally full of BS.

If that play is not allowed than neither is hitting. If people don't want to see things like that happen A) don't watch or B) Change the rules of the game, it's literally as simple as that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I'll just quote:

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/45584838610259968

I am surprised to the extent that it was an illegal play (interference) causing injury and that usually results in a 1 to 4 game suspension.

Bush league

You can't make that distinction Hoags, neither can anyone else in the world - with the possible exception of Chara. He hit him into the boards and his head hit the partition. Was there intent? Who the heck knows, but that partition is pretty darn dumb - and that's what caused all of this.

You can't just suspend someone because someone got hurt - especially when it's someone who has an A1 record - that would lead to dissension within the NHL - a thousand times more than a non-suspension would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum