GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner

+19
SDH89
Hoags
SensFan71
CockRoche
shabbs
Ev
spader
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
asq2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

16NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:45 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Nice to have you back Cronie. Cheers

I'd actually like to keep Alfie, Gonchar, Spezza and Phillips on the team as mentor figures unless someone blows us out of the water with an offer. Kelly too, actually; I really like the way his game has come around. But I'd do unspeakable things to get Kuba off the roster, and Fisher can go if there's a deal to be had.

Unless someone blows BM out of the water with an offer for him, I expect Phillips to stay. Most people here underestimate his value to the club, and they certainly overestimate the kind of return he would get (Krejci + ?? Laughing3 ) and/or the ease with which a team can re-sign a player during the FA period after it has traded him away.

But we shall see.

17NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

I'd actually like to keep Alfie, Gonchar, Spezza and Phillips on the team as mentor figures unless someone blows us out of the water with an offer. Kelly too, actually; I really like the way his game has come around. But I'd do unspeakable things to get Kuba off the roster, and Fisher can go if there's a deal to be had.

Unless someone blows BM out of the water with an offer for him, I expect Phillips to stay. Most people here underestimate his value to the club, and they certainly overestimate the kind of return he would get (Krejci + ?? Laughing3 ) and/or the ease with which a team can re-sign a player during the FA period after it has traded him away.

But we shall see.

You've gone from 100% he re-signs and he's our future Captain to it's probably more then 50% that he stays here to unless BM is blown out of the water Phillips will stay here and people under estimate his value to the team.

So are we back to 100% again or is there a link here that you will explain to me to show that it all makes perfect sense and all means the exact same thing?

18NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Trading Phillips and then re-signing him in the off-season will not be easy. It would require a verbal agreement with Melnyk (since Murray is not likely to be the GM for much longer). And even then, who knows. Would Phillips want to move his family? Probably not, but there are probably a few locales that could interest him.

19NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

You've gone from 100% he re-signs and he's our future Captain to it's probably more then 50% that he stays here to unless BM is blown out of the water Phillips will stay here and people under estimate his value to the team.

So are we back to 100% again or is there a link here that you will explain to me to show that it all makes perfect sense and all means the exact same thing?

amen on that - you beat me to it. Youth is the future - so we need to cast aside our loyalties and create the best team possible.

20NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

amen on that - you beat me to it. Youth is the future - so we need to cast aside our loyalties and create the best team possible.

Don't get me wrong here I wouldn't be upset if Phillips stayed at a reasonable salary since we do need to keep some veterans around I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Phillips is re-signed and I don't think that only a blow me out of the water type offer will see him traded.

21NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:44 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

I expect it's me that you are referring to that overestimates his value.

If you're going to quote me then kindly read the entire thread and post something accurate and not out of context. If you're referring to someone else then fine. My comment about Krejci + stemmed from what I would start with, and I believe my followup to that was when they stopped laughing I'd then counter with ok..a 1st plus... and then we get down to haggling.

It's only natural that they come in low..ie Wheeler (which is stupid low) and we start high and then start to work to a common ground. How stupid would Murray look if he start with a 2nd rounder and the answer was a quick , DONE!

22NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe it wasn't you. I hadn't said much (because, well, you know, the grammar and spelling in those posts was pretty goo) but some of the trade suggestions were ridiculous. We are *not* going to get a 1st to rent Phillips, much less the 1st plus some of you were suggesting. If we get a 2nd I'd be happy. If they took Phillips *and* Kuba I'd give *them* a 2nd.

23NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

What is wrong with the people on this site? It's called CIRCUMSTANCE. After losing 14 of the last 15 games, everything's up for grabs.

Is Phillips still the most logical choice for the next captaincy of this team? Yep. That doesn't mean he will be, or that he's safe. And I'm still adamant that trading him for only a 2nd round pick would be a huge mistake. And that this 'trade-and-re-sign' suggestion is super improbable & much more difficult to achieve than people here are suggesting. And that Phillips or someone just like him is needed to help break in & train our young, up-and-coming D. And that people are losing the forest for the trees when they focus on 4 months of play to the exclusion of the other 10+ years.

Look, you & prager just can't be civil with me. Please, please put me on ignore. I assure you, I never read what either of you have to say.

24NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

If you're going to quote me then kindly read the entire thread and post something accurate and not out of context. If you're referring to someone else then fine. My comment about Krejci + stemmed from what I would start with, and I believe my followup to that was when they stopped laughing I'd then counter with ok..a 1st plus... and then we get down to haggling.

It's only natural that they come in low..ie Wheeler (which is stupid low) and we start high and then start to work to a common ground. How stupid would Murray look if he start with a 2nd rounder and the answer was a quick , DONE!

I totally admit, I skipped over the trade proposals in some of those threads. I didn't mean to single any 1 proposal out as ridiculous, just that some of the suggestions were, um, a little outlandish.

TipHat

25NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're more than welcome to put us on ignore if you like rooney. It is totally inappropriate for an Admin, Co-founder or Moderator to put anyone on ignore. If you never read what we have to say then why are you responding anyway?

26NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

I totally admit, I skipped over the trade proposals in some of those threads. I didn't mean to single any 1 proposal out as ridiculous, just that some of the suggestions were, um, a little outlandish.

TipHat

Fair enough...and I apologize if I was a little over sensitive this morning.

I've been taken to task a couple of times about my thoughts on Phillips. I really don't expect more than a 2nd, and in truth a 2nd would likely be a top bounty, but I see no reason why starting at Krejci ++ isn't a starting point for us just as something like Wheeler or rumored conditional 3rd (from another site) is the other teams starting point.

I still feel Phillips here at 2 million for 2 years is worth more than a 2nd round pick especially with the young Dmen coming in, but I'm also the guy who wants to put a players lounge in at SBP to make it more appealing to FA's.

27NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You're more than welcome to put us on ignore if you like rooney. It is totally inappropriate for an Admin, Co-founder or Moderator to put anyone on ignore. If you never read what we have to say then why are you responding anyway?

And it's totally inappropriate for me to put people on ignore, who in turn are going to rip me regularly. I don't put anyone on ignore because I'm going to keep them honest and accountable.

I respond when someone quotes me & tries to make me look ridiculous -- something you & prags treat like a part-time job.

28NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

TipHat

I've been taken to task a couple of times about my thoughts on Phillips. I really don't expect more than a 2nd, and in truth a 2nd would likely be a top bounty, but I see no reason why starting at Krejci ++ isn't a starting point for us just as something like Wheeler or rumored conditional 3rd (from another site) is the other teams starting point.

I still feel Phillips here at 2 million for 2 years is worth more than a 2nd round pick especially with the young Dmen coming in, but I'm also the guy who wants to put a players lounge in at SBP to make it more appealing to FA's.

Hey, I hear you on the oversensitive thing right now. I've had two mods with bees in their bonnets on me for years.

Unless we get blown away, which would be a 1st pick or a player like Wheeler (who is better than people are giving him credit for, IMO, btw) plus, I don't want to trade Phillips. A 2nd just isn't worth it to me.

Although, in BM's hands, our most recent 2nds are Weircioch, Lehner, & Silfverberg. So maybe I have to re-think that, actually. Laugh1

29NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:You're more than welcome to put us on ignore if you like rooney. It is totally inappropriate for an Admin, Co-founder or Moderator to put anyone on ignore. If you never read what we have to say then why are you responding anyway?

And it's totally inappropriate for me to put people on ignore, who in turn are going to rip me regularly. I don't put anyone on ignore because I'm going to keep them honest and accountable.

I respond when someone quotes me & tries to make me look ridiculous -- something you & prags treat like a part-time job.

Laughing3

30NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Laughing3

That was a good one. Plus 1 for you on that. I'm not being sarcastic either I actually laughed when I read it. It's not inappropriate for you to put people on ignore though it's just, in your opinion, inadvisable for you personally.

31NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 am

rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But we shall see.

TipHat

Hey, I hear you on the oversensitive thing right now. I've had two mods with bees in their bonnets on me for years.

Unless we get blown away, which would be a 1st pick or a player like Wheeler (who is better than people are giving him credit for, IMO, btw) plus, I don't want to trade Phillips. A 2nd just isn't worth it to me.

Although, in BM's hands, our most recent 2nds are Weircioch, Lehner, & Silfverberg. So maybe I have to re-think that, actually. Laugh1

I'd much prefer Krejci than Wheeler myself. Krejci has better numbers, more skill, and is a true number 2 centre. For a guy who's capable of 75+ points, I'd love to have him for less than $4 million for another year, and then still have him be in RFA status.

I'm not trying to discredit Wheeler, as I see him as a good young player, but he's reportedly having attitude issues in Boston, and already couldn't come to terms with Phoenix. That's a real red flag for me. Krejci is already signed beyond this year.

EDIT: This isn't to say that I think Krejci is possible as a return for Phillips. Far from it. I agree that he'd be a massive overpayment.

32NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oh, I just find Krejci a bad suggestion because it ignores BOS's circumstances. BOS is gearing up for a serious run; they're not going to trade guys in their top 6. On top of that, they might have just lost Savard for the season, if not for his career -- the last thing BOS is looking to do now is to move either Krejci or Bergeron, is all I mean to say. That's why that suggestion made me snort a little.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

33NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

I couldn't agree more Rooney, but from an Ottawa GM standpoint they shouldn't care what BOS wants going into the playoffs...at least with the first offer.

I think most of us agree that the price will likely be a 2nd maybe a conditional 1st if he resigns with the team he's traded to.

THe question is whether a 2nd is worth losing him..Personally I don't think so, but for me Kuba has to go no matter what....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum