GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL?

+3
caissie_1
SensGirl11
Riprock
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/05/03/nb-video-game-qmjhl-nhl.html

There's been some talk about EA featuring the CHL leagues (WHL, OHL and QMJHL) in their next installment, NHL 11. The above article from CBC says that QMJHL teams have been asked to send in photos of their jersey's and arena's to EA Sports.

Likely, if this is a go, you would see the real teams but the players would probably be fake ones, maybe the ones under NHL contract would be on their respective teams though.

2EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 3:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

WOO HOO! NHL 11!!! When's it coming out?

3EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Probably Mid August or Early-Mid September. They haven't even announced the cover athlete yet. 2K has already announced Ryan Kesler.

Tavares will probably be EA's.

4EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 4:01 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sweet! I can't wait!! Ahhhhh!

5EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

It's a good add.... definetly adds some content..

6EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 5:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I need this. It's like crack cocaine to me. I need it. Please. EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? 432129

7EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 6:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Probably Mid August or Early-Mid September. They haven't even announced the cover athlete yet. 2K has already announced Ryan Kesler.

I've heard that Miller will be the cover. They haven't had a goalie on the cover since Vanbiesbrouck.

8EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2010/05/03/nb-video-game-qmjhl-nhl.html

There's been some talk about EA featuring the CHL leagues (WHL, OHL and QMJHL) in their next installment, NHL 11. The above article from CBC says that QMJHL teams have been asked to send in photos of their jersey's and arena's to EA Sports.

Likely, if this is a go, you would see the real teams but the players would probably be fake ones, maybe the ones under NHL contract would be on their respective teams though.

I really hope so. Hopefully the next step for them is to figure out a way to buy the property rights for the names of the athletes in the juniors.

9EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That would be signing an agreement with the PHPA. I believe the way it works now is that everyone who is in the game has to have signed with the PHPA.

Ideally, what I would like for them to do is allow you to edit the players in the CHL - their name, height/weight, position, attributes, etc. so you can make the players yourself. Kind of like what they did with NHL 10 and the NA and WJ prospects.

10EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Dash wrote:Probably Mid August or Early-Mid September. They haven't even announced the cover athlete yet. 2K has already announced Ryan Kesler.

I've heard that Miller will be the cover. They haven't had a goalie on the cover since Vanbiesbrouck.

Possibly, no problem with that if they do. They have been going with a young star for the past few years and someone who plays the games (Ovechkin, Phaneuf, Kane). Being on the cover has been been somewhat of a curse.

They have a North american cover and a cover for Sweden and possibly the other countries as well.

11EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 9:31 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:
PKC wrote:

Possibly, no problem with that if they do. They have been going with a young star for the past few years and someone who plays the games (Ovechkin, Phaneuf, Kane). Being on the cover has been been somewhat of a curse.

They have a North american cover and a cover for Sweden and possibly the other countries as well.

I'm placing my bet that it'll be Steve Stamkos

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

12EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno, it would be cool to have the CHL in the game, but it might lack somewhat because of the fake players...kinda like NCAA games where they just use the real players' # only.

13EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Empty Re: EA's NHL 11 to feature CHL? Tue May 04, 2010 12:31 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And it would be no different than 2K series using the #'s only for their dynasty teams like the Stanley Cup winning Oilers and Avalanche. Make them editable and if they add players as they get their rights that is good to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum