GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PM Feature appears to be functional again.

+6
asq2
darren1
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1PM Feature appears to be functional again. Empty PM Feature appears to be functional again. Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I realize that no one can mass PM or PM multiple parties. I've opened two threads in the Forummotion help pages to get an answer, but the people there are taking their time getting to it.

I'll fix it when I get an answer, because I sure can't figure out what went wrong.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A guy asked me if I'm using Chrome and to try Firefox, but I am using Firefox - and everyone's having this problem?

Right?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:A guy asked me if I'm using Chrome and to try Firefox, but I am using Firefox - and everyone's having this problem?

Right?

I am using IE 6 or 7 and having the same problem, was talking with SG11 this morning about it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Right. Opera too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they should have an answer soon enough (I hope).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I tried FIrefox, Chrome, IE... unless this is an Apple Conspiracy, there is definitely a problem.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, now that I re-posted it, there's a couple of other sites saying they have the same issue.

I think it'll be resolved soon.

darren1

Prospect
Prospect

Hello,

Im darren1 on the support forum, of forumotion.

I have came here to assess the further first hand, as this is a really weird case, and I haven't heard of this for a very long time.

Indeed I will be trying a few mass PM's to see what happen's.

First, can I get you guys to check if your browser is Up-To-Dare please.
It could be caused by a out-of-date browser, but that's very highly unlikely.

If you do happen to receive one of my Private message's, please don't be hesitant to reply, and I will clarify why I'm here Wink
I will start Mass-PMing now.

If you do encounter any other problem's please inform me via this thread, or via the appropriate thread on the support forum, and any of us volunteer's will try to help out Wink

Last edited by darren1 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks. :KKK:

darren1

Prospect
Prospect

No problem Wink

I just encounter 2/3 of the reported error's.
The "find a username" is not working;
The "+" button is not opening another box to allow me to add another username.

EDIT:

You may also have to resynchronize the forum => http://help.forumotion.com/tricks-tips-f32/resynchronizing-your-forum-t50777.htm

I was just playing a bit with the feature, and have found something interesting Smile

If you want to send the same message to multiple people at once, you CAN do it, it's just more difficult here because you have to hit the "Preview" button BEFORE sending it.
When u hit the preview button, it will basically refresh the page and in the "to" aka "who it goes to" space, another box will pop up just underneath the current one.
Just fill that one in with the next desired person, and just repeat until there is everyone you want to send to is there, then hit the "send" button.

This is however a mere temporary solution.
By looking at things, I will have to go around and ask for help from the staff, and request this to be moved to the technical section, and get our french lesion to look at the problem, and forward it to the technician's.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That definitely works, thanks for the temporary solution - and for your help. Ole!

darren1

Prospect
Prospect

No problem at all.

Ill have a chat with Sanket and see what he thinks but, I don't think he'll think diff to what I am..

But make sure you resynchronize the forum.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just resynchronized and it didn't fix the issue unfortunately.

Hey at least we've got a temp fix anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, now that I re-posted it, there's a couple of other sites saying they have the same issue.

I think it'll be resolved soon.

Gee, SD, how did you get into the admin panel of the other sites? Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum