GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

HF board Post regarding NHL Live - Appears Bogus

+13
Urkie
rooneypoo
beerandsens
shabbs
TheAvatar
Sens4thecup
duffyforever
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Poster on HF Boards indicated:

NHL Live on XM Radio had a segment where they were discussing the Heatley situation.

They said that it was down to 3 teams and that Murray had told the other teams not to bother anymore - apparently they were trying to lowball Murray and he just basically struck them off the list.

The first team:

Edmonton. Offering: Cogliano, Gilbert and the 10th overall

The second team:

LA. Offering: Frolov, Teubert/Hickey and the 5th overall.

So Murray went to the final team on the short list and said: "Top that, or get out of the running."

The final team is apparently the Hawks and Tallon balked big time when Murray suggested he could trump them with Toews (no doubt!).

So what happens now? The Hawks have countered with Sharp and Seabrook.

Murray has apparently said that while the deal is excellent, they lack the pick that he covets - to which, apparently, Tallon stepped up and added Bolland.

Any truth to this? I doubt it, but it comes from quite a reliable show - the same show I believe that broke this rumour in the first place. The kind of guys who know McAlpine and Barry, very, very well and would be getting somewhat of an inside scoop.

Anyway, I would poop my pantaloons if the Chicago deal is true - I'm banking on that being BS while Murray tries to trump up added interest from the other two players.

Funny that the other two offers are exactly what we all thought!

Seriously, I should get anything I want from this site if the actual trade in the 5th, Tuebert, and Frolov. ANYTHING!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I find it a little dubious that the two offers are exactly what we've been discussing. Mind you, Chicago is a bit of a surprise considering all we've heard is something involving Soupy.

LA's deal is by far the best.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Seriously, I should get anything I want from this site if the actual trade in the 5th, Tuebert, and Frolov. ANYTHING!

We'll send you a hat. cool)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I find it a little dubious that the two offers are exactly what we've been discussing. Mind you, Chicago is a bit of a surprise considering all we've heard is something involving Soupy.

LA's deal is by far the best.

Are you serious? Sharp, Seabrook and Bolland? That's the best deal you can ever get in a million, trillion, gazillion years. Stop the presses right there, you win Chicago. Easily. Shall we send you something as a token of our appreciation? Brian Lee maybe? Picard? A draft pick?

Maybe they are reeading this forum

Sharp, Seabrook, and Bolland, ummmm, WOW. Seabrook is a stud already.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:NHL Live on XM Radio had a segment where they were discussing the Heatley situation.

They said that it was down to 3 teams and that Murray had told the other teams not to bother anymore - apparently they were trying to lowball Murray and he just basically struck them off the list.

The first team:

The second team:

So Murray went to the final team on the short list and said: "Top that, or get out of the running."

The final team is apparently the Hawks and Tallon balked big time when Murray suggested he could trump them with Toews (no doubt!).

Murray has apparently said that while the deal is excellent, they lack the pick that he covets - to which, apparently, Tallon stepped up and added Bolland.

Any truth to this? I doubt it, but it comes from quite a reliable show - the same show I believe that broke this rumour in the first place. The kind of guys who know McAlpine and Barry, very, very well and would be getting somewhat of an inside scoop.

Anyway, I would poop my pantaloons if the Chicago deal is true - I'm banking on that being BS while Murray tries to trump up added interest from the other two players.

I would poop my pantaloons if these 3 teams start kicking around/upping the ante on each other, they got some prime young players to throw around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:Maybe they are reeading this forum

I just thing we deduced the right package of prospects and guys. Shame there's no mention of Moller, but...them's the breaks I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Sharp, Seabrook, and Bolland, ummmm, WOW. Seabrook is a stud already.

I have an immense man-crush on Sharp. This is obviously BS, it's too good to be true. I thought I'd reiterate what was said on the show. I don't endorse this particular rumour though.

I know a deal that's too good to be true when I see it. Crying

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Sharp, Seabrook, and Bolland, ummmm, WOW. Seabrook is a stud already.

to me, picks aside, this is the most attractive offer out there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
I would poop my pantaloons if these 3 teams start kicking around/upping the ante on each other, they got some prime young players to throw around.

If this is true - and again, I don't for a second believe the Chicago rumour - then the ante's been upped already and this is diddling serious.

Although, I suppose Edmonton could take out Cogliano and put in Gagner to get Murray's undivided attention.

And LA could add Moller.

But, that's probably not going to happen. Still...diddling nutty Dung happening - if you believe NHL Live...

Like I said, Murray was lying about the draft pick to cover his Donkey. Murray is lying period, haha. Love it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NHL Live said a reason was that Havlat won't be re-signing by July 1, which is making Tallon nervous.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:NHL Live on XM Radio had a segment where they were discussing the Heatley situation.

The first team:

The second team:

Interesting...who are the reporters on this one?

Thanks for the tip...I will check it out on the NHL Network.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum