GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A New Corner?

+7
TeamRenzo
Acrobat
pgood
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A New Corner? Empty A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Well Sens fans, they finally did it. The overall +/- of the team is officially in the "+" column!!!

Puking2

For the first time in a long time, the Sens have scored more goals than they have allowed. Since they beat the Rangers and stopped that 6 game skid, they have scored 16 goals in 5 games while only letting in 9 goals. Still not quite the numbers Sens fans are used to seeing, but they are certainly climbing toward respectability.

What's more, there are now only three teams and 3 points separating them from that 8th playoff spot. Even better is that they have between 2 and 3 games in hand on those 3 teams in front. There is some serious room for recovery. The next team they need to tackle is Florida, and fortunately enough, that's whom they play on Monday.

I have been getting excited the last few weeks, but that last loss to the Islanders crushed my spirit. I thought they really needed to show they could beat an inferior team. It was crap, but at least they responded in the appropriate way: they crushed and inferior team (Atlanta) and had solid win over one of the elite teams. Now they need to go for some Panther blood!

2A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:26 am

mojo1016 wrote:Well Sens fans, they finally did it. The overall +/- of the team is officially in the "+" column!!!

Puking2

For the first time in a long time, the Sens have scored more goals than they have allowed. Since they beat the Rangers and stopped that 6 game skid, they have scored 16 goals in 5 games while only letting in 9 goals. Still not quite the numbers Sens fans are used to seeing, but they are certainly climbing toward respectability.

What's more, there are now only three teams and 3 points separating them from that 8th playoff spot. Even better is that they have between 2 and 3 games in hand on those 3 teams in front. There is some serious room for recovery. The next team they need to tackle is Florida, and fortunately enough, that's whom they play on Monday.

I have been getting excited the last few weeks, but that last loss to the Islanders crushed my spirit. I thought they really needed to show they could beat an inferior team. It was crap, but at least they responded in the appropriate way: they crushed and inferior team (Atlanta) and had solid win over one of the elite teams. Now they need to go for some Panther blood!

While they are hooking up, perhaps we could do a swap of talent :D

Hopefully for the Sens, Horton will still be out. It's hurting me in my pool having him out, but I'll take one for the team.

3A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just hope this latest "corner" is the last one they turn for a while. Need some momentum as we're still a .500 team going back 10 games (4-4-2). Florida is 5-3-2 over the same period -- a period during which they played the Bruins, Rangers and Devils twice each and Washington once (there was also a game against Buffalo, but the Sabres have been pretty bad lately).

So while we can and should beat Florida on Monday, we cannot take them lightly. They are still a team ahead of us in the standings (games in hand notwithstanding), they have a better record over the last 10 games.

4A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you take out that Islander game recently they've been playing strong for a while now and 4 straight wins at home is solid as well. Our PP is starting to improve and our GAA has been fantastic all year.

- Unknown Author

5A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:34 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Yes these definitely are signs of improvement, but they really need to keep this up for the next few weeks (in truth they need to keep it up for the entire season). If they start to slip and free fall again, their season could be done. I still can't get over hoe their GF and GA are the complete opposite from last year.

6A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mojo1016 wrote:Yes these definitely are signs of improvement, but they really need to keep this up for the next few weeks (in truth they need to keep it up for the entire season). If they start to slip and free fall again, their season could be done. I still can't get over hoe their GF and GA are the complete opposite from last year.

The goals will come, the GA is all Hartsburg right now. I feel he's the guy that we needed to slog through the tough times with - make mistakes etc., then like Murray's 06/07 team, come together.

Which is why I don't relish a trade happening right now, but for J-Bo, I can make an exception. :D

7A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:Yes these definitely are signs of improvement, but they really need to keep this up for the next few weeks (in truth they need to keep it up for the entire season). If they start to slip and free fall again, their season could be done. I still can't get over hoe their GF and GA are the complete opposite from last year.

The goals will come, the GA is all Hartsburg right now. I feel he's the guy that we needed to slog through the tough times with - make mistakes etc., then like Murray's 06/07 team, come together.

Which is why I don't relish a trade happening right now, but for J-Bo, I can make an exception. :D

Something tells me that, yet again, there will be no big move.

8A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:55 pm

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously you have no faith in Ek!

9A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

You must be psychic :D

10A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:13 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

But it has nothing to do with his typical "Player X to Team Y (E4) Updates to follow" and then getting an update to the tune of "Player X to Team Y (E4) big names possibly involved Updates to follow"... and then your next Update is "Sources Say Sundin to one of 4 teams, Montreal might be front runner, or maybe NYR, but it could also be vancouver, also hearing the Leafs are still in the mix"

11A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

But it has nothing to do with his typical "Player X to Team Y (E4) Updates to follow" and then getting an update to the tune of "Player X to Team Y (E4) big names possibly involved Updates to follow"... and then your next Update is "Sources Say Sundin to one of 4 teams, Montreal might be front runner, or maybe NYR, but it could also be vancouver, also hearing the Leafs are still in the mix"

Nothing since that 10:30 AM update yesterday (or was that Friday?)
However SensChirp now has picked it up as well, saying that Florida and
Ottawa have a deal pretty much done, but are waiting on the Sundin
situation to resolve itself.

Huh? Are the Sens truly still thinking about that? Or is it just to get the dominoes to start falling and whatever else it will loosen up?

12A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:08 am

wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

Huh? Are the Sens truly still thinking about that? Or is it just to get the dominoes to start falling and whatever else it will loosen up?

If it's true that they are waiting on Sundin, I can't help but wonder if the Sens and Florida have two tentative deals in place. One including a forward (PLEASE GOD SAY IT'S HORTON!) if Sundin lands elsewhere, and one with just J-Bo in case Sundin signs here.

I can't imagine why a deal could be held up, but if we are waiting on Sundin, I'd have to say that a forward is tentatively in the Florida deal and Sundin's decision will decide whether we take said mystery forward from Florida.

If it truly is Horton, I don't care about Sundin, just pull the damn trigger right now!

13A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:09 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

I can't figure out how Sundin could play into the J-Bo situation. Other than the fact they would have similar cap hits, the two are completely in terms of what they would do for the Sens. Why would Murray potentially pass up on a long term investment via trade for what would likely be 6 months from Sundin?

14A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mojo1016 wrote:
wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

I can't figure out how Sundin could play into the J-Bo situation. Other than the fact they would have similar cap hits, the two are completely in terms of what they would do for the Sens. Why would Murray potentially pass up on a long term investment via trade for what would likely be 6 months from Sundin?

Maybe the hold up is on the other end. With Sundin gone the remaining teams that were gunning for him would have cap space available to go in a different direction. If we can consider Murray going for J-Bo if he can't get Sundin, we can consider the same for another 4-5 teams. So it could be Florida that's trying to scratch more than just three squares, and it'll (hopefully) bite them in the end.

Wouldn't it be ironic if J-Bo suffered a season-ending injury tobight, and Martin is left holding nothing.

15A New Corner? Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:
wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

Maybe the hold up is on the other end. With Sundin gone the remaining teams that were gunning for him would have cap space available to go in a different direction. If we can consider Murray going for J-Bo if he can't get Sundin, we can consider the same for another 4-5 teams. So it could be Florida that's trying to scratch more than just three squares, and it'll (hopefully) bite them in the end.

Wouldn't it be ironic if J-Bo suffered a season-ending injury tobight, and Martin is left holding nothing.

Ironic - unless it also ends up screwing us out of J-Bo.
Then it just becomes tragic (to stick with the English lit terminology).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum