GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A New Corner?

+7
TeamRenzo
Acrobat
pgood
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Mojo
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:09 am

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:Yes these definitely are signs of improvement, but they really need to keep this up for the next few weeks (in truth they need to keep it up for the entire season). If they start to slip and free fall again, their season could be done. I still can't get over hoe their GF and GA are the complete opposite from last year.

The goals will come, the GA is all Hartsburg right now. I feel he's the guy that we needed to slog through the tough times with - make mistakes etc., then like Murray's 06/07 team, come together.

Which is why I don't relish a trade happening right now, but for J-Bo, I can make an exception. :D

Something tells me that, yet again, there will be no big move.

Obviously you have no faith in Ek!

Obviously

But it has nothing to do with his typical "Player X to Team Y (E4) Updates to follow" and then getting an update to the tune of "Player X to Team Y (E4) big names possibly involved Updates to follow"... and then your next Update is "Sources Say Sundin to one of 4 teams, Montreal might be front runner, or maybe NYR, but it could also be vancouver, also hearing the Leafs are still in the mix"

Nothing since that 10:30 AM update yesterday (or was that Friday?)
However SensChirp now has picked it up as well, saying that Florida and
Ottawa have a deal pretty much done, but are waiting on the Sundin
situation to resolve itself.

Huh? Are the Sens truly still thinking about that? Or is it just to get the dominoes to start falling and whatever else it will loosen up?

I can't figure out how Sundin could play into the J-Bo situation. Other than the fact they would have similar cap hits, the two are completely in terms of what they would do for the Sens. Why would Murray potentially pass up on a long term investment via trade for what would likely be 6 months from Sundin?

17A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:26 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

mojo1016 wrote:
wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:Yes these definitely are signs of improvement, but they really need to keep this up for the next few weeks (in truth they need to keep it up for the entire season). If they start to slip and free fall again, their season could be done. I still can't get over hoe their GF and GA are the complete opposite from last year.

The goals will come, the GA is all Hartsburg right now. I feel he's the guy that we needed to slog through the tough times with - make mistakes etc., then like Murray's 06/07 team, come together.

Which is why I don't relish a trade happening right now, but for J-Bo, I can make an exception. :D

Obviously

But it has nothing to do with his typical "Player X to Team Y (E4) Updates to follow" and then getting an update to the tune of "Player X to Team Y (E4) big names possibly involved Updates to follow"... and then your next Update is "Sources Say Sundin to one of 4 teams, Montreal might be front runner, or maybe NYR, but it could also be vancouver, also hearing the Leafs are still in the mix"

Huh? Are the Sens truly still thinking about that? Or is it just to get the dominoes to start falling and whatever else it will loosen up?

I can't figure out how Sundin could play into the J-Bo situation. Other than the fact they would have similar cap hits, the two are completely in terms of what they would do for the Sens. Why would Murray potentially pass up on a long term investment via trade for what would likely be 6 months from Sundin?

Maybe the hold up is on the other end. With Sundin gone the remaining teams that were gunning for him would have cap space available to go in a different direction. If we can consider Murray going for J-Bo if he can't get Sundin, we can consider the same for another 4-5 teams. So it could be Florida that's trying to scratch more than just three squares, and it'll (hopefully) bite them in the end.

Wouldn't it be ironic if J-Bo suffered a season-ending injury tobight, and Martin is left holding nothing.

18A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 am

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:
wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

Maybe the hold up is on the other end. With Sundin gone the remaining teams that were gunning for him would have cap space available to go in a different direction. If we can consider Murray going for J-Bo if he can't get Sundin, we can consider the same for another 4-5 teams. So it could be Florida that's trying to scratch more than just three squares, and it'll (hopefully) bite them in the end.

Wouldn't it be ironic if J-Bo suffered a season-ending injury tobight, and Martin is left holding nothing.

Ironic - unless it also ends up screwing us out of J-Bo.
Then it just becomes tragic (to stick with the English lit terminology).

19A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:23 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

mojo1016 wrote:
wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

For some reason Murray still believes he is in th running for Sundin, why I do not know. I poersonally do not think we have a chance at Sundin.

20A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Murray has some magic spells to get him signed for 4M...

21A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258975&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

This TSN story talks about Spezza and the Sens possibly turning a corner

22A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ESPN's power ranking places Ottawa in 23rd (up from 27th the week earlier). So two wins (including one against Pittsburgh) move you up four spots? Teams still ahead of us:

Columbus: 11-13-3
St. Louis: 11-11-3
Colorado: 13-13-1
LA: 11-11-4

Columbus is 2 games under .500, what the heck are they doing ahead of us?

23A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:36 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's almost as if the power rankings are measuring performance vs. expectations rather than simply performance.

IMO the Sens are better than Columbus, although I'm probably more disappointed with the Sens start than Columbus fans are with the Jackets.

P.S. I'm entertained by the fact that the Blue Jackets have the initials BJ

24A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:ESPN's power ranking places Ottawa in 23rd (up from 27th the week earlier). So two wins (including one against Pittsburgh) move you up four spots? Teams still ahead of us:

Columbus: 11-13-3
St. Louis: 11-11-3
Colorado: 13-13-1
LA: 11-11-4

Columbus is 2 games under .500, what the heck are they doing ahead of us?

CBJ, along with 27 other teams, have all played more games than OTT. Most people have been ignoring that fact.

25A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is anyone else waiting for a truly consistent effort on a nightly basis from these guys?

I know I am. These 'flashes' of brilliance are fun and all, but seriously, what are they waiting for?!?!

26A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:39 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Santa Claus.

27A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Santa Claus.

Nice. Very seasonally appropriate too :D

- Unknown Author

28A New Corner? - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Corner? Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

TeamRenzo wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:
wprager wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Obviously

For some reason Murray still believes he is in th running for Sundin, why I do not know. I poersonally do not think we have a chance at Sundin.

For sure, there have to be 3 if not 5 other teams that would be more appealing to Sundin. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him, but I just don't see it happening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum