GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner

+19
SDH89
Hoags
SensFan71
CockRoche
shabbs
Ev
spader
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
asq2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 21]

31NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 am

rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Unless someone blows BM out of the water with an offer for him, I expect Phillips to stay. Most people here underestimate his value to the club, and they certainly overestimate the kind of return he would get (Krejci + ?? Laughing3 ) and/or the ease with which a team can re-sign a player during the FA period after it has traded him away.

But we shall see.

I expect it's me that you are referring to that overestimates his value.

If you're going to quote me then kindly read the entire thread and post something accurate and not out of context. If you're referring to someone else then fine. My comment about Krejci + stemmed from what I would start with, and I believe my followup to that was when they stopped laughing I'd then counter with ok..a 1st plus... and then we get down to haggling.

It's only natural that they come in low..ie Wheeler (which is stupid low) and we start high and then start to work to a common ground. How stupid would Murray look if he start with a 2nd rounder and the answer was a quick , DONE!

I totally admit, I skipped over the trade proposals in some of those threads. I didn't mean to single any 1 proposal out as ridiculous, just that some of the suggestions were, um, a little outlandish.

TipHat

Fair enough...and I apologize if I was a little over sensitive this morning.

I've been taken to task a couple of times about my thoughts on Phillips. I really don't expect more than a 2nd, and in truth a 2nd would likely be a top bounty, but I see no reason why starting at Krejci ++ isn't a starting point for us just as something like Wheeler or rumored conditional 3rd (from another site) is the other teams starting point.

I still feel Phillips here at 2 million for 2 years is worth more than a 2nd round pick especially with the young Dmen coming in, but I'm also the guy who wants to put a players lounge in at SBP to make it more appealing to FA's.

Hey, I hear you on the oversensitive thing right now. I've had two mods with bees in their bonnets on me for years.

Unless we get blown away, which would be a 1st pick or a player like Wheeler (who is better than people are giving him credit for, IMO, btw) plus, I don't want to trade Phillips. A 2nd just isn't worth it to me.

Although, in BM's hands, our most recent 2nds are Weircioch, Lehner, & Silfverberg. So maybe I have to re-think that, actually. Laugh1

I'd much prefer Krejci than Wheeler myself. Krejci has better numbers, more skill, and is a true number 2 centre. For a guy who's capable of 75+ points, I'd love to have him for less than $4 million for another year, and then still have him be in RFA status.

I'm not trying to discredit Wheeler, as I see him as a good young player, but he's reportedly having attitude issues in Boston, and already couldn't come to terms with Phoenix. That's a real red flag for me. Krejci is already signed beyond this year.

EDIT: This isn't to say that I think Krejci is possible as a return for Phillips. Far from it. I agree that he'd be a massive overpayment.

32NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Oh, I just find Krejci a bad suggestion because it ignores BOS's circumstances. BOS is gearing up for a serious run; they're not going to trade guys in their top 6. On top of that, they might have just lost Savard for the season, if not for his career -- the last thing BOS is looking to do now is to move either Krejci or Bergeron, is all I mean to say. That's why that suggestion made me snort a little.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

33NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:44 am

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

I couldn't agree more Rooney, but from an Ottawa GM standpoint they shouldn't care what BOS wants going into the playoffs...at least with the first offer.

I think most of us agree that the price will likely be a 2nd maybe a conditional 1st if he resigns with the team he's traded to.

THe question is whether a 2nd is worth losing him..Personally I don't think so, but for me Kuba has to go no matter what....

34NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's the realistic price for Krejci?

Start with a 1st in 2012 (because this year's first is too valuable, and they know it), and add from there. Probably someone like Foligno and a 2012 1st.

35NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Murray will just ask for what he REALLY wants and end up settling for someone he wouldn't mind getting + a pick which is good enough.

36NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Murray will just ask for what he REALLY wants and end up settling for someone he wouldn't mind getting + a pick which is good enough.

For who? Fisher or Phillips? Or both?

37NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:18 am

SpezDispenser wrote:What's the realistic price for Krejci?

Start with a 1st in 2012 (because this year's first is too valuable, and they know it), and add from there. Probably someone like Foligno and a 2012 1st.

I don't think he's available for a package. It would have to be an upgrade on Krejci.

38NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:

I don't think he's available for a package. It would have to be an upgrade on Krejci.

Yeah, I'm just illustrating how valuable he is.

39NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:41 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

Absolutely. There's no reason to trade a big cog when they're gearing up for a run (as rooneypoo said as well). I like Wheeler too, but I'm not sure we need 2 (or 3 if you count Kelly) 3rd line centers when we haven't addressed our 2nd line.

40NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:50 am

spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Absolutely. There's no reason to trade a big cog when they're gearing up for a run (as rooneypoo said as well). I like Wheeler too, but I'm not sure we need 2 (or 3 if you count Kelly) 3rd line centers when we haven't addressed our 2nd line.

Wheeler is a RW isn't he?

41NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:59 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Wheeler is a RW isn't he?

I thought C, but I could be wrong.

42NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wheeler's a winger

43NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That changes everything. You can never have too many bottom six players. Just ask Sens management.

44NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Wheeler's a winger

Listed as a C/W. "Can" play all 3 forward positions.

45NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:That changes everything. You can never have too many bottom six players. Just ask Sens management.

I guess that's the problem. I don't think we're getting any top-6 for Philips, if for no other reason than that the teams that are buying for a deep playoff run aren't about to trade away their top players. We (hopefully) aren't looking at bottom-6 players, as we have 9 or 10 of them now.

46NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:46 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Wheeler's necessarily a bottom six player. He's certainly not a checker, & doesn't play a checking role, that's for sure.

Big, decent hands, a bit lazy and inconsistent -- this guy is Dustin Penner 2.0, but a bit younger & in a better spot in terms of teams.

I think he would be a decent pick-up for OTT, actually, esp. if the decision has been made on Phillips.

47NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:48 am

rooneypoo wrote:I don't think Wheeler's necessarily a bottom six player. He's certainly not a checker, & doesn't play a checking role, that's for sure.

Big, decent hands, a bit lazy and inconsistent -- this guy is Dustin Penner 2.0, but a bit younger & in a better spot in terms of teams.

I think he would be a decent pick-up for OTT, actually, esp. if the decision has been made on Phillips.

Outside of the size, it sounds like a typical Sens player. That's what we are trying to get away from, no?

48NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:49 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I don't think Wheeler's necessarily a bottom six player. He's certainly not a checker, & doesn't play a checking role, that's for sure.

Outside of the size, it sounds like a typical Sens player. That's what we are trying to get away from, no?

All I mean to say is, I think that Wheeler would be a better return for Phillips than a 2nd. Again, if the decision has been made -- a point I'm super skeptical about in the first place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum