GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner

+19
SDH89
Hoags
SensFan71
CockRoche
shabbs
Ev
spader
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
asq2
wprager
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 21]

151NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 am

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I want Randy Cunneyworth to coach this team in the worst kind of way. I honestly don't see Clouston sticking around, even if just for PR reasons.

And if Carvel makes it out unscathed again I will lose my mind, haha.

NO kidding about Carvel. This guy is made out of teflon. How he has stayed on the coaching staff though tenures of Murray - Paddock -Murray - Hartsburg - Clouston is beyond my capacity for understanding.

Isn't Carvel the guy who runs our PP? And doesn't our PP have the stupidest, most mind-boggling zone entry strategy in the current NHL?

Seriously. Let's not hit the line with speed or make the D turn or dump & overload. Those things haven't worked in the NHL for, oh, ever. A drop pass at center ice is much, much better.

Yep, even in previous years, our PP never never seems to match the talent level we had. Carvel going is long overdue.

Our entries into the zone are just Cussing driving me crazy. We can create chances when we start in the zone and Spezza wins the faceoff, but lord help us if we lose a faceoff. 3-4 attempts, and 90 seconds, later, we might make it. Sometimes.

I'll go so far as to say that this current team is as bad as the teams that played in years 3 and 4 of the teams existence. They are expansion level bad. We are so in need of an infusion of talent it's mindboggling.

152NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I want Randy Cunneyworth to coach this team in the worst kind of way. I honestly don't see Clouston sticking around, even if just for PR reasons.

NO kidding about Carvel. This guy is made out of teflon. How he has stayed on the coaching staff though tenures of Murray - Paddock -Murray - Hartsburg - Clouston is beyond my capacity for understanding.

Isn't Carvel the guy who runs our PP? And doesn't our PP have the stupidest, most mind-boggling zone entry strategy in the current NHL?

Seriously. Let's not hit the line with speed or make the D turn or dump & overload. Those things haven't worked in the NHL for, oh, ever. A drop pass at center ice is much, much better.

Yep, even in previous years, our PP never never seems to match the talent level we had. Carvel going is long overdue.

Our entries into the zone are just Cussing driving me crazy. We can create chances when we start in the zone and Spezza wins the faceoff, but lord help us if we lose a faceoff. 3-4 attempts, and 90 seconds, later, we might make it. Sometimes.

I'll go so far as to say that this current team is as bad as the teams that played in years 3 and 4 of the teams existence. They are expansion level bad. We are so in need of an infusion of talent it's mindboggling.

What I'm talking about is so simple, tho'. When I was in Atoms or PeeWee, the coaches were like, 'forwards hit blue line with speed, D dumps, 3 men go in deep to recover.' It's not rocket science. Why do we have to make 6 passes, sideways & backwards & forwards, before we hit the line?

153NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 am

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:

What I'm talking about is so simple, tho'. When I was in Atoms or PeeWee, the coaches were like, 'forwards hit blue line with speed, D dumps, 3 men go in deep to recover.' It's not rocket science. Why do we have to make 6 passes, sideways & backwards & forwards, before we hit the line?

Agreed, it's absolutely the wrong strategy for this group of players. Again, it goes back to the skill level of this team. Our PP strategy hasn't changed since the days of having a talented line up. A simple dump and chase would do. That's the strength (if you can call it that lol) of this team.

154NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This sums up my thoughts on impending trades for the Sens.

Impatient

155NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This sums up my thoughts on impending trades for the Sens.

Impatient

Any trades?

156NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I keep hearing Clouston runs the PP.

Carvel runs the PK.

157NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:55 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I keep hearing Clouston runs the PP.

Carvel runs the PK.

That is correct. Why say that? Did I miss something?

And where have you been lately?

158NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:

Carvel runs the PK.

That is correct. Why say that? Did I miss something?

And where have you been lately?

Oh, I see. I missed it due to ignorance.

Either way, the way Hoags stated it is what happens in practice, in the dressing and during games.

Last edited by CockRoche on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

159NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Carvel runs the PK.

Oh. If that's true, my bad. I've never been able to figure out what Carvel does, precisely, other than get paid.

All I'm saying is that I've never in my entire life seem a team struggle so badly at, & make so many stupid moves when trying to enter the zone on the PP. This drop pass at centre ice is the icing on the challenged cake.

160NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

When is Cronie coming back? I am now a fan of rumours for once as you can tell his are not pulled out of his Donkey IMO.

Haha. Sorry SpezDispenser and 11-19-15.

161NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:When is Cronie coming back? I am now a fan of rumours for once as you can tell his are not pulled out of his Donkey IMO.

What the?!?!

Up is down! 6 is 9! Right is left!!!!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

162NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:41 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:When is Cronie coming back? I am now a fan of rumours for once as you can tell his are not pulled out of his Donkey IMO.

What the?!?!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Haha.

I should have clarified, I like when Cronie gives his "insight".

The post you just made about some guy named Dallas Dave, I could do without.

Actually, all I really did was have the same opinion as Cronie, but it was fun to chat with him either way about the heart of Chris Neil.

163NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

111519 generally posts "wouldn't-it-be-great-ifs," not rumours.

SpezD generally filters rumours from the twitter stream to the site and engages in "what-would-it-take-to-get-______" exercises, both of which are different from rumours "pulled out of his Donkey."

Just sayin'.

164NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

SpezD generally filters rumours from the twitter stream to the site and engages in "what-would-it-take-to-get-______" exercises, both of which are different from rumours "pulled out of his Donkey."

Just sayin'.

Yeah, thanks Spader, I certainly never try to pull rumours out of my arse.

165NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:

Just sayin'.

Way to go Spader. Spreading the love on Valentine's day I see Sarcasm

now do me!

166NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
spader wrote:

Just sayin'.

Way to go Spader. Spreading the love on Valentine's day I see Sarcasm

now do me!
Laughing3 I actually burst out laughing when I read that. Well done. Laughing3 (Also, I like your shiny picture with the pretty colours I love you.)

167NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

What the?!?!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

And in Rand McNally Hamburgers eat people!! Just ask Lisa Simpson. Ahhhhh!

168NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: NEW FEATURE: Cronie's Corner Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:05 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

What the?!?!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

And in Rand McNally Hamburgers eat people!! Just ask Lisa Simpson. Ahhhhh!

hahaha Rand Mcnally! Great simpsons reference

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum