GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+30
22_4_ever
Straight Shooter
Sens4thecup
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Riprock
Flo The Action
dennycrane
stempniaksen
LethalLehner
SDH89
dawg's wife
CockRoche
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
rooneypoo
Ev
sandysensfan
SensGirl11
TheAvatar
spader
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:A guy on Dobber who is close to a Flyers source (he let the Dobberites know of the Meszaros trade before it broke), says the Flyers are targeting Brian Elliott.

He also plays NCAA hockey BTW, on Gustav Nyquist's team.

So what would they give up for him? Their 2nd round pick this year? That's all they have left.. unless a prospect is what's coming back alone or with it.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:from dallas dave:
Having lost out on Francois Beauchemin to the Anaheim Ducks, the Sharks have turned their attention towards Chris Philips of the Ottawa Senators. My source from San Jose has suggested that Sharks have offered young forward Devin Setegochi for the veteran defenseman. However, the Senators are not keen on absorbing contracts and have requested picks or prospects. Could a 1st be attached to Setegochi? I will hopefully have more on this development by the end of the week. But the Sharks may want to hurry; as the trading deadline looms near, other teams have made initial offers for Philips. It is believed that the Vancouver Canucks might have been interested at some point, but they have chosen to wait for more medical updates on their depleted defensive corps. A Calgary Flames' source suggested that the management team are desperate to make the playoffs, and have made inquiries to Ottawa. This should present an interesting storyline for the trading deadline as I believe that any deal involving Philips will immediately raise the stakes for teams keying in on the Toronto Maple Leafs' Tomas Kaberle, as it is believed he has made some compromise with GM Brian Burke regarding his NTC.
i'm not sure anymore i'd want the gutch but that 1st is a starting point... tack on a nice prospct and we're looking at something...
i think it's a good season for trades. teams seem to be paying high prices... Smile

I think the possible reasoning behind this is that SJ is saying you want our 1st round pick then you have to take Seto. Well Ottawa should say.. if you want Phillips -- you also take Kuba. But if they have to unload salary they will not do that.

If you can get a 1st + Setoguchi for Phillips, you take it. That's a pretty good deal, and I'm not even a big Seto fan.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:If you can get a 1st + Setoguchi for Phillips, you take it. That's a pretty good deal, and I'm not even a big Seto fan.
If that happens, I'll be drinking a cup of my own urine.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What is with all this urine talk? Do you all have to use the washroom or something?

squirrel urine Leftie

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:If you can get a 1st + Setoguchi for Phillips, you take it. That's a pretty good deal, and I'm not even a big Seto fan.

That could wash out the bad taste left in your mouth knowing that The Gooch is on your team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What is with all this urine talk? Do you all have to use the washroom or something?

squirrel urine Leftie
I don't recall who started it... someone announced that if a certain trade happened, they'd drink a cup of their own urine.

I didn't say it on here, but in one of my BBM groups I declared that if we got a 1st for Phillips, I'd drink a cup of my own urine.

This was before the Fisher and Versteeg trades.

So, I'm a little apprehensive now.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Who would have thought that half of this discussion board was patrolled by so many urolagnia enthusiasts?

Laugh1

The trade deadline brings out the best / worst of everyone, I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was Hemlock who said if we got Kreider from the Rangers for Kuba, he'd drink a cup of his own tinkle. Sad new...I think he's safe.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:Who would have thought that half of this discussion board was patrolled by so many urolagnia enthusiasts?

Laugh1

The trade deadline brings out the best / worst of everyone, I guess.
Eeeeew... not quite. Urotherapy may be closer...

Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

You sure you want to go down that road with Hemlock?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

You sure you want to go down that road with Hemlock?
We'll see....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like Kaberle will allow Toronto to talk to one team. I'm guessing the Bruins...

RT @RealKyper: Sportsnet's learned Kaberle has granted #Leafs permission to speak to 1 team only regarding pot… (cont) http://deck.ly/~Bw7xv

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Sounds like Kaberle will allow Toronto to talk to one team. I'm guessing the Bruins...

RT @RealKyper: Sportsnet's learned Kaberle has granted #Leafs permission to speak to 1 team only regarding pot… (cont) http://deck.ly/~Bw7xv

That would decrease the potential return for some teams. Not with The Genius at the helm. I hope that 1 team has about 3 first rounders, or else no deal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kaberle + Philly's 1st for Toronto's own 1st?

Spread the rumour!!!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If true, that is good for Ottawa. If only one contender (if even) gets a shot at Kaberle, then the other teams are going to get in a bidding war )hopefully) over Phillips.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Kaberle + Philly's 1st for Toronto's own 1st?

Spread the rumour!!!!!

They said TO's first isn't in play.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Spread the rumour!!!!!

Must be to EDM for their 1st, Hemsky and Hall. Remember: Genius.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Spread the rumour!!!!!

I have heard Chiarelli say the oppposite, that both 1st rd picks are in play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum