GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Locke and Lehner called up

+17
caissie_1
SDH89
TheAvatar
SensGirl11
dennycrane
LethalLehner
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
asq2
wprager
SensHulk
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Locke and Lehner called up Empty Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is the opportunity of his life.

Tweeted by Joy

2Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Locke that is. Ahhhhh!

3Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Source?

4Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
Per @MEHockeyJournal in Portland, #AHL scoring leader Corey Locke and rookie goalie Robin Lehner are headed from #BSens to #NHL #Sens

5Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting...

6Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shuffling deck chairs?

7Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bravo Murray.

Let's ruin our top goalie prospect before his career even starts.

8Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Need something, I'll try Locke, what have we to lose? And Lehner can hold his own - even if he gets lit up, he can handle it IMO (disregard the WJC incident)

9Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:42 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cuss really? Locke is needed in bingo. Our season is already lost and shattered

10Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Bravo Murray.

Let's ruin our top goalie prospect before his career even starts.

I understand the sentiment, but I'm still not 100% in agreement. I want a goalie that *won't* get down because he loses. I want him to just go out there and battle, and realize that even if not all battles are won you still have to keep battling. I want someone who can drive himself to excel with out needing someone to tell him *why* he needs to get pumped up.

Like SpezD, I think Lehner is strong enough between-the-ears to survive a trial by fire. And if he's not, then I don't think he's the future of this franchise anyway.

Yes, I know I'm going to get an earful from Roche when his self-imposed Lehner-free-exile is over.

11Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

How many goalies enter the league at 19 and survive ?

I just don't like the odds that's all.

It's not like goal tending is the problem, this team can't hit the broad side of a barn.

12Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:How many goalies enter the league at 19 and survive ?

I just don't like the odds that's all.

It's not like goal tending is the problem, this team can't hit the broad side of a barn.

In one year he would be a 20-year-old with one year of NHL under his belt. He's physically mature and he's mentally rock-solid. He just needs to learn to play the position at the NHL level. Yeah, he would lose a lot of games,but they could try and shield him. He doesn't need to start 70 games.

13Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Don't u love how other teams can make trades to turn around a sinking ship (like wisniewski for mtl) yet Murray can't do Jack squat....embarrassing that we have to deplete our farm team of their best players

14Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I guess we'll see.

Our team and defence suck, he's going to get lit up.

I guess we'll see how ready and mature he is, he hasn't really faced AHL shooters much and he hasn't exactly dominated down there.

I just don't like tossing him in like that because the team is desperate. It'd be one thing if we were doing well and they just wanted to give him a taste.

Lehner knows what's going on here, regardless of what CC and Murray tell him when they arrive.

15Locke and Lehner called up Empty Re: Locke and Lehner called up Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:55 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner plays great and wins - good for Lehner, bad for draft
Lehner gets shelled and loses - bad for Lehner, good for draft.

Lehner's going to have to play well and the team will still have to lose for this to be a good move.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum