GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke

+9
SDH89
Riprock
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Ev
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke Empty Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This comes from my most reliable source, so I believe it.

It's a 2-way contract and the Sens have told Locke to be prepared to be up and down between the AHL and the NHL a lot.

Very, very nice signing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha I thought we could be one of the teams in on him...don't know why we need him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Haha I thought we could be one of the teams in on him...don't know why we need him.

Bingo needs a skilled center in a big, big way.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Reading up on him, he's an all-star centre in the AHL. Good depth move for Bingo with the loss of St. Pierre's offense.

EDIT: Spezz beat me to it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great move, I love it. He's a good guy too. He'll be staying with a friend of ours for a while in Ottawa (although...he won't be in Ottawa very often IMO).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh...even though I don't care how well the Baby Sens do, it is a good signing then.

Although, I will only believe it until when it is official Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From talking with a few people who bordered Locke when he was with the 67s, it's official all right.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

His OHL stats with the 67s:

Regular SeasonPlayoffsSeasonTeamLgeGPGAPtsPIMGPGAPtsPIM
2001-02Ottawa
67's
OHL551825431813671310
2002-03Ottawa
67's
OHL666388151832319193830
2003-04Ottawa
67's
OHL655167118827731010

omg he had 151 pts and 118 pts in back to back seasons?? what happened to him? why was he drafted at 113th overall??

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Too small apparently.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

From HockeyDB.com:

Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke Corey_11

Last edited by Michallica on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Look at the numbers in the AHL. Hello playoffs IMO. And playoffs will be awesome for Wiercioch, Cowen (Spokane's season will be done I'm sure), Gryba, Greening etc. etc. etc.

Very, very nice. Wick, Butler, these guys will be fed passes left, right and center from Locke.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Look at the numbers in the AHL. Hello playoffs IMO. And playoffs will be awesome for Wiercioch, Cowen (Spokane's season will be done I'm sure), Gryba, Greening etc. etc. etc.

Very, very nice. Wick, Butler, these guys will be fed passes left, right and center from Locke.

Hopefully Carkner will be the guy going to the AHL playoffs with Cowen in the NHL playoffs Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Look at the numbers in the AHL. Hello playoffs IMO. And playoffs will be awesome for Wiercioch, Cowen (Spokane's season will be done I'm sure), Gryba, Greening etc. etc. etc.

Hopefully Carkner will be the guy going to the AHL playoffs with Cowen in the NHL playoffs Breaking News: The Sens sign Corey Locke 159628

Never. Carkner got his reward, which was a 1-way, 700K a year deal. At the worst for him he'll be a scratch in the playoffs, but I think he plays.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Never. Carkner got his reward, which was a 1-way, 700K a year deal. At the worst for him he'll be a scratch in the playoffs, but I think he plays.

True, I forgot about the one-way.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Locke is also a winner of the calder trophy with Hamilton in '06-'07, so he knows what it takes to win at the AHL level. Still, sad to see such a talent never make it to the NHL.

EDIT: meant Calder cup, but you get it.

Last edited by Michallica on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum