GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

+28
Hobiesens
NEELY
22_4_ever
beedub
jawal
Hoags
spader
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Riprock
sandysensfan
PTFlea
CockRoche
Ev
wprager
Oglethorpe
shabbs
asq2
SDH89
SensHulk
SensGirl11
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

7512011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if anyone wants a draft guide I can hook you up...PM me if you want one

7522011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Geez, SteffeG thinks top 10 for Erixon if he's back in the draft. I asked him if he could go top 5...waiting for a response.

If he goes back into the draft and he falls to 6 -- is there a chance to Ottawa forgets about that forward prospect and picks him up?

They could always trade a defensive prospect in Weircoch, Lee or even Gryba for a prospect forward.

I'm sure they would have no trouble signing him.. considering he would probably know most of the Swedes in Ottawa & Bingo.

We need an elite forward prospect. They're very difficult to trade for. Lee + Gryba + Weircioch doesn't get us close, IMO.

7532011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Geez, SteffeG thinks top 10 for Erixon if he's back in the draft. I asked him if he could go top 5...waiting for a response.

If he goes back into the draft and he falls to 6 -- is there a chance to Ottawa forgets about that forward prospect and picks him up?

They could always trade a defensive prospect in Weircoch, Lee or even Gryba for a prospect forward.

I'm sure they would have no trouble signing him.. considering he would probably know most of the Swedes in Ottawa & Bingo.

We need an elite forward prospect. They're very difficult to trade for. Lee + Gryba + Weircioch doesn't get us close, IMO.
agreed.

7542011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yupp. We NEED to draft a forward. Even if the worst case scenario presents itself and Murphy and Hamilton are available, we need to either trade the pick for a solid prospect or draft Strome.

An interesting trade partner could be Vancouver. They have the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows locked up long-term, as well as Ballard, Hamhuis, and Edler on D, but they have 4 UFA defencemen (including Bieksa and Ehrhoff), and Schneider is an RFA at the end of next season, with only approx $11 million in cap space.

I'd see if Van-City is willing to part ways with Hodgson+ for our 6th overall so they can draft a PM defenceman; something their minor-league system is currently lacking. Hodgson is an RFA at the end of this year, and while this trade wouldn't help their cap situation, it would give them a 5-6th defenceman for the upcoming season with the potential to move into the top-four in a couple of years.

Another trade partner could be LA. Moller and Simmonds have been rumored to be coveted by Ottawa for a while now, and LA's got a ton of depth at every position.

7552011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

I seriously forgot about Brian Lee. Facepalm

7562011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Story of his life.

7572011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:26 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Story of his life.

With good reason except last year he was pretty solid. So much so that I think he and a 2nd might actually land a good return this off-season. Barring that, he could add value to another package deal involving a Regin or Foligno.

As I said before, I think a cap-strapped team like the Devils is a good team to deal with. We could offer this type of package and even take back a Brian Rolston as long as their 1st rounder comes with the deal.

7582011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

So did the Flames sign Erixon in time?

7592011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:So did the Flames sign Erixon in time?

People had the date wrong, it's today at 5 PM EST. Gonna be real interesting to watch IMO. Can the Sens swoop in and offer Wiercioch plus a 2nd rounder to nab him and hope they can sign him (read: they've already talked to his agent)? More to come Smile

7602011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:16 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:So did the Flames sign Erixon in time?

People had the date wrong, it's today at 5 PM EST. Gonna be real interesting to watch IMO. Can the Sens swoop in and offer Wiercioch plus a 2nd rounder to nab him and hope they can sign him (read: they've already talked to his agent)? More to come Smile

It would be interesting if he re-entered the draft and Colorado picks Larsson #2 and Erixon at #11.

7612011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:50 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yupp. We NEED to draft a forward. Even if the worst case scenario presents itself and Murphy and Hamilton are available, we need to either trade the pick for a solid prospect or draft Strome.

An interesting trade partner could be Vancouver. They have the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows locked up long-term, as well as Ballard, Hamhuis, and Edler on D, but they have 4 UFA defencemen (including Bieksa and Ehrhoff), and Schneider is an RFA at the end of next season, with only approx $11 million in cap space.

I'd see if Van-City is willing to part ways with Hodgson+ for our 6th overall so they can draft a PM defenceman; something their minor-league system is currently lacking. Hodgson is an RFA at the end of this year, and while this trade wouldn't help their cap situation, it would give them a 5-6th defenceman for the upcoming season with the potential to move into the top-four in a couple of years.

Another trade partner could be LA. Moller and Simmonds have been rumored to be coveted by Ottawa for a while now, and LA's got a ton of depth at every position.

Cody Hodgson... definitely yes.... PLEASE -- love that kid. But besides that 6th overall pick -- what else would it take?

7622011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The 6th pick is better than Cody Hodgson.

7632011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

^Agreed. As a fan of Hodgson, having watched him in Brampton closely, and meeting him, and all that, I have to say his injuries have really halted his development and potential and I'm not sure he will ever reach that potential. He was a great player in junior but it is not certain that will translate to a career as a top 6 player.

No more trading picks on draft day. Give the fans something and draft a player already.

7642011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:^Agreed. As a fan of Hodgson, having watched him in Brampton closely, and meeting him, and all that, I have to say his injuries have really halted his development and potential and I'm not sure he will ever reach that potential. He was a great player in junior but it is not certain that will translate to a career as a top 6 player.

No more trading picks on draft day. Give the fans something and draft a player already.

Wasn't his back injury misdiagnosed by the Canucks? That was part of the longevity of his injury? He appears to be over that now.

He was such a good player in junior and in the WJC. He's not doing that bad a job right now in Vancouver... BUT he has mostly been in the AHL as no spots on Vancouver or his back injury.

I would not give up the 6th overall of him... but I personally don't think he is worthless.

Would he be a better centreman right now than Peter Regin?

7652011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Dobber Hockey, written by Jeff Angus (a huge Canucks fan and Vancouver native):

To say Hodgson’s post-draft development has been turbulent would be putting it lightly. He has had more lows (a
nagging back injury) than highs (standout international performances), but he appears to be finally healthy and back
on track once again. His skating and speed will never be his strong suit, but he uses his smarts and a quick and
deceptive shot very effectively. With Vancouver’s depth at center there is no short term offensive role for Hodgson
to play, but expect him to see some time on the second power-play unit while playing in a depth offensive role at
even strength. If you are looking for a comparison, think
Daymond Langkow.

7662011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:21 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:From Dobber Hockey, written by Jeff Angus (a huge Canucks fan and Vancouver native):

To say Hodgson’s post-draft development has been turbulent would be putting it lightly. He has had more lows (a
nagging back injury) than highs (standout international performances), but he appears to be finally healthy and back
on track once again. His skating and speed will never be his strong suit, but he uses his smarts and a quick and
deceptive shot very effectively. With Vancouver’s depth at center there is no short term offensive role for Hodgson
to play, but expect him to see some time on the second power-play unit while playing in a depth offensive role at
even strength. If you are looking for a comparison, think
Daymond Langkow.

That about sums it up. I blame the Canucks partly for the delay in really determining what was wrong with his back.
Personally, my opinion only - right or wrong, he has never been given a real chance in Vancouver other than on the 4th line. What could he do on a rebuilding team if given the chance.

7672011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:39 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well at least you'd know what you're getting with Hodgson.

Worst case scenario you ask yourself if Strome>Hodgson.

From Vancouver's point of view, Ryan Murphy>Dougie Hamilton>Hodgson

7682011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 51 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sens website have prospect videos for Ty Rattie and Boone Jenner. I think both could be around with the Nashville pick. Chris Edwards of NHLCS said that Boone Jenner could be the poster boy for the phrase "I want 20 of these guys in my team".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum