GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

+28
Hobiesens
NEELY
22_4_ever
beedub
jawal
Hoags
spader
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Riprock
sandysensfan
PTFlea
CockRoche
Ev
wprager
Oglethorpe
shabbs
asq2
SDH89
SensHulk
SensGirl11
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

4962011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:38 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I must say, Couturier gets the short end of the stick around here - me included - and that's not really fair. The kid has mad skills and battled through mono. Doesn't matter too much which league he plays for, although I'll admit to being slightly nervous about top end prospects coming out of the Q (or lack of).

4972011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Sean Couturier is the pick! Same initials as Sidney Crosby and the Stanley Cup...can't be a coincidence!

Murray was at the game last night. Too bad he didn't score!

He was a ghost the entire series and if he played like that since Feb/March no wonder he's slipping in the rankings.

He's the only reason Drummondville was even contending.

He was not a ghost for the entire Gatinieau series. He was still hitting a lot and scoring some goals, but he was definitely drained. Whoever gets him has a steal on their hands because he will be healthy going into next year and he will be able to train and prepare for the season properly, unlike this season due to his mono.

I personally think the Sens would have him 4th in terms of forwards, but who knows.

I get it the guy is drained, but if he still can hit what is stopping him from forechecking or going to the net?
I don't know how the guy got as many points but I suspect it's because he gets Dung of ice time and PP.
He definitely thinks defense first and offense second from what I've heard and seen and from a top 5 draftee he's definitely not driving it enough.
The guy compares himself to Jordan Staal and that's exactly what I see from him production wise in the NHL. Not what I was hoping we would get this year...
I stand by my predictions, Huberdeau is gonna be the best all around player from this draft, 3 years from now.

4982011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Sean Couturier is the pick! Same initials as Sidney Crosby and the Stanley Cup...can't be a coincidence!

He was a ghost the entire series and if he played like that since Feb/March no wonder he's slipping in the rankings.

He's averaged almost 2 PPG since the World Juniors and has carried his team by himself in the 2nd half. There may be reasons to dislike his game, but he definitely hasn't played the dissapearing act for more than 2 games at a time at any point this season.

I still have Couturier ahead of Strome and Huberdeau (although I see the skillset that people like with both these guys).

The guy I actually have flying up the rankings is Dougie Hamilton, this kid is absolutely unreal and reminds me of a Pietrangelo/E.Johnson mix with his 2way ability.

RNH was one of the best Red Deer players against Medecine Hat, and he got 1 point in 5 games. Same with Ryan Strome. The guy is flying out there, and he doesn't have the best stats.
Couturier got 4 goals against Gatineau, and from scouting reports he wasn't a difference maker at all. I know from the game I've seen live he did absolutely nothing offensively. THere's a guy named Pageau on Gatineau that made him his Wing Dang Doodle and the guy is 5'09 and projected in the later rounds...Seriously from a top 5 pick It's unacceptable.

4992011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Vandelay wrote:Just to follow that up...A perfect example is a guy like Derick Brassard. Similar size and stats to Huberdeau when he was in the Q, drafted 6th overall. Not a bad player but not much production at the NHL level.

His biggest problem has been injuries, though.

Was just going to say this.

5002011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I must say, Couturier gets the short end of the stick around here - me included - and that's not really fair. The kid has mad skills and battled through mono. Doesn't matter too much which league he plays for, although I'll admit to being slightly nervous about top end prospects coming out of the Q (or lack of).

He doesn't have mad skills, he has mad hockey sense, size and puck protection. OTher than that, skating, shot, hands etc Strome and Huberdeau are better.

5012011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
marakh wrote:

He's averaged almost 2 PPG since the World Juniors and has carried his team by himself in the 2nd half. There may be reasons to dislike his game, but he definitely hasn't played the dissapearing act for more than 2 games at a time at any point this season.

I still have Couturier ahead of Strome and Huberdeau (although I see the skillset that people like with both these guys).

The guy I actually have flying up the rankings is Dougie Hamilton, this kid is absolutely unreal and reminds me of a Pietrangelo/E.Johnson mix with his 2way ability.

RNH was one of the best Red Deer players against Medecine Hat, and he got 1 point in 5 games. Same with Ryan Strome. The guy is flying out there, and he doesn't have the best stats.
Couturier got 4 goals against Gatineau, and from scouting reports he wasn't a difference maker at all. I know from the game I've seen live he did absolutely nothing offensively. THere's a guy named Pageau on Gatineau that made him his Wing Dang Doodle and the guy is 5'09 and projected in the later rounds...Seriously from a top 5 pick It's unacceptable.

Haha RNH was invisible for most that series. If you're gonna call out Couturier call out RNH.

Couturier carried his team and he was a victim of running out of gas. Even if he turns into Jordan Staal, any team would take that in the Top 5 in my opinion. A team like Ottawa could really use a guy like that. I still feel he's much better offensively though. You don't put up that production without skill. He has produced a ton more than Jordan Staal in junior, while being good defensively as well. He may not be as exciting as Huberdeau and Strome but I think he will be a good pick by whoever gets him. I would easily pick him over Strome, but not Huberdeau.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

5022011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I must say, Couturier gets the short end of the stick around here - me included - and that's not really fair. The kid has mad skills and battled through mono. Doesn't matter too much which league he plays for, although I'll admit to being slightly nervous about top end prospects coming out of the Q (or lack of).

He doesn't have mad skills, he has mad hockey sense, size and puck protection. OTher than that, skating, shot, hands etc Strome and Huberdeau are better.

You can teach skating, you can work on your shot, but you can't teach hockey sense and size.

5032011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:48 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Saw Jeff Angus with this little tidbit today in Dobber's Ramblings:

"Would it be a shock to see the Oilers take Ryan Strome at number one? Probably – I think Nugent-Hopkins or Larsson will end up going to Edmonton… but Strome is an intriguing player. Could have the most offensive upside of anyone in the draft (outscored Nugent-Hopkins at even strength in 2010-11 as well)."

5042011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Saw Jeff Angus with this little tidbit today in Dobber's Ramblings:

"Would it be a shock to see the Oilers take Ryan Strome at number one? Probably – I think Nugent-Hopkins or Larsson will end up going to Edmonton… but Strome is an intriguing player. Could have the most offensive upside of anyone in the draft (outscored Nugent-Hopkins at even strength in 2010-11 as well)."

You can tell he's a fantasy guy.

5052011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I have a feeling Ryan Murphy is goint top 5. As well as Dougie Hamilton.
In fact, it is entirely possible at 6 we could still have a choice between Huberdea, Strome and Couturier.

5062011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:I have a feeling Ryan Murphy is goint top 5. As well as Dougie Hamilton.
In fact, it is entirely possible at 6 we could still have a choice between Huberdea, Strome and Couturier.
that would be nuts! i heard that the sens have scouted huberdeau the most of any team but they could come up with a negative verdict. remember last draft when we thought murray was going to pick beau bennett cuz they were bringing him over to Ottawa? didn't happen.

5072011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:I have a feeling Ryan Murphy is goint top 5. As well as Dougie Hamilton.

Or even Landeskog. I think this is becoming more and more plausible by the second personally. Murphy could very well be a Neidermayer clone - he looks incredible. If we didn't have Rund and Karlsson....

If Florida takes Couturier - and why wouldn't they, then I could see Lando falling to us.

That said, if Lando's still there at 4, do you offer the Devils cap relief by taking Rolston off their hands to move up?

5082011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How many years left for Rolston? If it's 1 I don't care if we take him.

I'm starting to really like Zack Philips at 21 if Scheifele/Jensen/ZIbanejad/Armia are all gone. By the sounds of it he's been consistently a threat out there these playoffs while Saint John is absolutely destroying their opponents. Getting Huberdeau and Philips would be epic, instant chemistry.

Also Hamilton and Ryan Strome's season is now over and it looks like the latter hasn't done much statistically this series.

5092011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:How many years left for Rolston? If it's 1 I don't care if we take him.

I'm starting to really like Zack Philips at 21 if Scheifele/Jensen/ZIbanejad/Armia are all gone. By the sounds of it he's been consistently a threat out there these playoffs while Saint John is absolutely destroying their opponents. Getting Huberdeau and Philips would be epic, instant chemistry.

Also Hamilton and Ryan Strome's season is now over and it looks like the latter hasn't done much statistically this series.

Yeah, 1 year at 5+ million - which is fine, we have the $$ and we have the young bodies for when Rolston gets hurt, he'll be a good presence in the room and on the ice for the young ones too.

I agree, Philips is very, very intriguing.

Move up to 4th, we'll take Rolston and shelter the cap hit + we'll add the Kovalev pick just to round things out (because taking on Rolston is HUGE).

OR

Trade Kuba for Huselius -which I think will be a major option this summer.

5102011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

So we're saying Landeskog is worth $5 million dollars ?

I wonder what Eugene would say ... it's almost like buying a draft pick.

5112011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:So we're saying Landeskog is worth $5 million dollars ?

I wonder what Eugene would say ... it's almost like buying a draft pick.

True, but Rolston's not officially been pronounced dead, he has something left - although, I doubt it's much. Good point though, it looks a little dicey financially.

5122011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I went to HF to bounce the idea off NJ fans and there was already a thread in which a lot of them agreed - if we take Rolston, we can move up to 4th without any more payment.

To which I would say: deal (if Rolston waives)!

5132011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 34 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:12 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I guess it all depends on who is there at #4 and how highly we feel about that prospect. If Landeskog is there I bet Murray makes the move for him, not sure about anyone of the other guys though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum