GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Penguins @ Senators, Dec. 26, 7:30 pm, SNET

+11
stempniaksen
Hoags
CockRoche
asq2
PTFlea
shabbs
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
Flo The Action
wprager
SensHulk
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Just saw the play Spezza got hurt on. Nothing vicious in my opinion, just a bit of a shove, but I guess he was in a vulnerable position. The hit on Shannon by Cooke was more of a penalty -- almost interference, then the shoulder to the head. And Shannon gets roughing for what -- bleeding on the ice?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Officiating was bad on both sides tonight, but nothing that really impacted the game in a huge way. I thought Foligno's "no-goal" crossed the line, but no way is that worthy of a penalty shot. A scoring chance was not taken away because of the "hook". They also gave a bogus penalty to Sid for a ghost take down of Phillips.

Also, it may be just me but I don't think the Pens had that many shots tonight. Maybe the scorekeeper padding Elliott's stats?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Officiating was bad on both sides tonight, but nothing that really impacted the game in a huge way. I thought Foligno's "no-goal" crossed the line, but no way is that worthy of a penalty shot. A scoring chance was not taken away because of the "hook". They also gave a bogus penalty to Sid for a ghost take down of Phillips.

Also, it may be just me but I don't think the Pens had that many shots tonight. Maybe the scorekeeper padding Elliott's stats?

no....they had a ton of shots. It goes to show you how the senators shat the bed again after the 1st period...been going on for like a year now. Brought back memories of 3-0 comeback by the penguins in game 6, fisher's goal called off.....now 3-0 ottawa, foligno's goal called off.....I'd trade results though anyday Crying

just be happy your boy extended his streak Rockon

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LOL yeah, I knew he would SOMEHOW get a point. His moustache lives for another day.

Oh yeah, and why do we keep wearing white at home? It's now two times or more that they've done this I believe. It probably through the Pens off a bit hehe. Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and please get rid of fighters like Eric Godard. They showed him on HBO and all he was doing at the rink was sparring with a trainer (I think that's the right word lol, when the other guys wears these big mitts and you just punch them).

I'm fine with keeping fighting in hockey but I just don't like the guys who play 3 minutes a night or only get into the lineup just to fight in that game. I've never played competitive hockey, but I don't think it's necessary to have guys like that.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

What can I say about the way Elliott played tonight?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Letang did the team a favour by the way.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:What can I say about the way Elliott played tonight?

He'll start to suck again, right about when Leclaire can play again.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I think Letang did the team a favour by the way.

I get it from the perspective of the team losing more games and getting a better pick. But they're pretty bad anyway. Besides the fact that one of our players got injured, losing Spezza means our games are even more boring to watch, and it'll negatively affect the team's (and Karlsson's) production. And these shoulder injuries can really change a player.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Gah, I'm still pissed. The headline could have been "Karlsson simultaneously shuts down Crosby and records hattrick" and instead it's "Crosby continues streak and continues to not shave."

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Gah, I'm still pissed. The headline could have been "Karlsson simultaneously shuts down Crosby and records hattrick" and instead it's "Crosby continues streak and continues to not shave."

Karlsson only scored 2 tonight. The first goal went off Fisher.

as for Spezza, if it's a long-term injury (who knows at this point, just speaking hypothetically), then I'm hoping he comes back from injury and tears it up like he did last season. The rest really did him some good...that's what I meant by Letang did us a favour.

That and if Spezza is out long-term, we should be a worse team, meaning a better draft pick, hopefully meaning RNH/Landeskog! Ahhhhh!

Last edited by Big Ev on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza's is real good on faceoffs, we're going to lose a lot more now.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Spezza's is real good on faceoffs, we're going to lose a lot more now.

Spezza has been phenominal on faceoffs this season. If he is out for an extended period of time, it is a big loss.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:

This is me scratching my head.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
Hoags wrote:

This is me scratching my head.

Leclaire plays well for a while
Leclaire get injured
Elliott steps in and plays well
Leclaire is healthy and plays backup for a few
Elliott begins to suck
Leclaire steps and plays well

Rinse and repeat

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know what's more worrisome....spezza's shoulder injury and the games he will miss, or the fact that karlsson is our leading scorer and will have immense pressure to 'carry' the team?

I wonder who gets the call up from bingo....promote regin to top line and call up butler?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
asq2 wrote:Gah, I'm still pissed. The headline could have been "Karlsson simultaneously shuts down Crosby and records hattrick" and instead it's "Crosby continues streak and continues to not shave."

Karlsson only scored 2 tonight. The first goal went off Fisher.

as for Spezza, if it's a long-term injury (who knows at this point, just speaking hypothetically), then I'm hoping he comes back from injury and tears it up like he did last season. The rest really did him some good...that's what I meant by Letang did us a favour.

That and if Spezza is out long-term, we should be a worse team, meaning a better draft pick, hopefully meaning RNH/Landeskog! Ahhhhh!

I know he only scored 2. But he almost had that empty netter.

Yeah, we need RNH or Landeskog badly. But I think we might have been bad enough with Spezza in the line-up anyway. Now Murray might move assets to bring in a guy to fill the void. Also, I want Karlsson to make the all-star team and that'll rely on his production, in which Spezza plays a large part what with being the only centre with vision and the only centre who can win a face-off.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:I don't know what's more worrisome....spezza's shoulder injury and the games he will miss, or the fact that karlsson is our leading scorer and will have immense pressure to 'carry' the team?

I wonder who gets the call up from bingo....promote regin to top line and call up butler?

Regin didn't see a lot of ice even after Spezza went down IIRC. I saw a lot of Jesse Winchester, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum