GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Penguins @ Senators, Dec. 26, 7:30 pm, SNET

+11
stempniaksen
Hoags
CockRoche
asq2
PTFlea
shabbs
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
Flo The Action
wprager
SensHulk
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice to see them not taking any Dung.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:How's Gonchar looking? Any elevated game from him due to playing his old club?

Well, he's got more ice time than Carkner.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:23 is enough, I think.

Boo!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Crosby keeps it alive... damn he's good... see that skate to stick action in tight?

C'mon Sens... looking good still. Inspired!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Last minute of play. Who's on the ice?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens win. Nice job from the little I saw. They looked inspired. Sounds like Elliott was the man.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dancing

I wonder who the first star is going to be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aside from taking our foot off the gas again, they played pretty damn well. The Pens can go Cuss themselves. Mad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Sens win. Nice job from the little I saw. They looked inspired. Sounds like Elliott was the man.

Elliott was first star; Karlsson second and Phillips 3rd.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Last minute of play. Who's on the ice?
Who was on the ice for that last shift? I missed that detail...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Frustrating win for a number of obvious reasons:

-Letang
-Shannon getting as many penalty minutes as Letang; Shannon "roughing" is equivalent to Chara sneezing.
-Not doing much about the Pens running Karlsson, which took him off his game a bit
-Crosby continuing his streak by going out against the non-Karlsson pairings
-EK not getting the hattrick.
-Foligno non-goal (which I get, it's just frustrating)

But on the whole, Elliott and EK were awesome. I'm worried about losing Spezza long-term, though. The games will be less exciting and it'll negatively affect EK's production. Plus it might (god forbid) make Murray try to fill the void for this season.

If he's gone for a while, I hope the Sens focus on just beating the **** out of teams running EK, penalties be damned. I think long-term it'd help the team more if teams knew not to go after the guy.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what is with this team not being able to compete after the first period? THey looked amazing in the first, total domination. HOw about that Karlsson, he's starting to dominate single-handedly. What a player Murray traded especially to draft for Ottawa. And the day I buy his t-shirt, he buries two goals (almost the hat trick!!). Ah-well.

Positive: first time sens have won back to back in almost two months. And beating the world-class penguins....if only they hung on to stop sid's streak.

Negative: HOly taking the foot off the pedal batman. This is exactly what they've been doing all season long, with dumb giveaways leading to total momentum shifts. The only difference was this time goaltending literally stood on its head. What a game for Elliott. But how frustrating was that non-goal call on Foligno? That totally looked in....4-0 would have demoralized the pens and we probably see no comeback of sorts.

Is it a coincident that the bad play started as soon as Spezza went down? he was looking awesome today, and now this happens. Garbage officiating tonight...what was that on shannon?? give me a Cussing break.

I'll take the victory....but soo much work to still be done. Goaltending won't be this good every night, and we can't afford to be so Cussing sloppy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dang it, my kid forgot to record the game until after the 1st period was over. Even missed Coach's Corner.

Just saw Karlsson's 2nd goal, and that's when I realized they were playing at home -- the horn. Why are they wearing road whites at home?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Last minute of play. Who's on the ice?
Who was on the ice for that last shift? I missed that detail...

I was asking. I was watching Lost with my 14 year old with the laptop on the side Smile

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty good day for the senators organization (minus the injury to spezza) if you think about it.

- Cowen with an awesome game at the WJC
- Sens beat Crosby and the Penguins
- Bingo Sens run wild with a 7-1 win over Adirondack

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just saw the play Spezza got hurt on. Nothing vicious in my opinion, just a bit of a shove, but I guess he was in a vulnerable position. The hit on Shannon by Cooke was more of a penalty -- almost interference, then the shoulder to the head. And Shannon gets roughing for what -- bleeding on the ice?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Officiating was bad on both sides tonight, but nothing that really impacted the game in a huge way. I thought Foligno's "no-goal" crossed the line, but no way is that worthy of a penalty shot. A scoring chance was not taken away because of the "hook". They also gave a bogus penalty to Sid for a ghost take down of Phillips.

Also, it may be just me but I don't think the Pens had that many shots tonight. Maybe the scorekeeper padding Elliott's stats?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Officiating was bad on both sides tonight, but nothing that really impacted the game in a huge way. I thought Foligno's "no-goal" crossed the line, but no way is that worthy of a penalty shot. A scoring chance was not taken away because of the "hook". They also gave a bogus penalty to Sid for a ghost take down of Phillips.

Also, it may be just me but I don't think the Pens had that many shots tonight. Maybe the scorekeeper padding Elliott's stats?

no....they had a ton of shots. It goes to show you how the senators shat the bed again after the 1st period...been going on for like a year now. Brought back memories of 3-0 comeback by the penguins in game 6, fisher's goal called off.....now 3-0 ottawa, foligno's goal called off.....I'd trade results though anyday Crying

just be happy your boy extended his streak Rockon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum