GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010

+18
SensHulk
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
asq2
TheAvatar
Ev
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
Straight Shooter
The Silfer Server
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PKC
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:That was the quickest review ever.

The discussion went like this:

What are we reviewing?
- High stick goal.
Who tipped it?
- Gionta.
It's a goal. Let's move on.

I know he's a smurf, but he's a smurf with a really long stick.

To be honest, I couldn't really tell which stick it hit. I'm watching it on SD. I just thought it was a really quick review.

Gonchar actually tipped it in.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

beerandsens wrote:I think this win is a really good sign. Some posters here will complain about the Sens not playing a full sixty minutes or not being able to contain teams in the 3rd, but I remember when the Sens could not win one goal games. Good effort and they keep finding ways to win.

I know. I wonder how those posters who were ready to blow it up a week or two ago feel right now. We are certainly not a perfect team and probably not a contender but we're not all bad either; there are some +++'s

I really hope that (collective) ankle heals well (after they jump back on the wagon) ... FingersCrossed

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great effort! Regin/Kovalev/Spezza are a great line and Karlsson and Gonch can't be stopped on the PP. Go Sens!@!!E@ Ahhhhh!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:I really want to win this one!!! More than usual.

And GOD SAYS "You know what BD, you've been working hard, you've been cheering hard and supporting your team hard; this one is for your; enjoy it".

That's what HE said; I swear!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Great effort! Regin/Kovalev/Spezza are a great line and Karlsson and Gonch can't be stopped on the PP. Go Sens!@!!E@ Ahhhhh!

Well, they were stopped 5 of the 6 times. And the game before they went 0 for 4, I think. Good passing, good pressure, Price was, after all, the third star ("turd star" according to the announcer).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson was a beast, I was watching the RDS feed (yeah I know, but HD at least) and they were talking about him all night, he was slowing Plekanec on 3 breakaways.
I can't wait til Michalek is healthy, Foligno is having a hard time with Alfie and Fisher, but the Spezza line has a good chemistry, they actually waited a year to put 27 and 19 together GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010 - Page 5 663118 .
The power play allows a lot of breakaways, but it's kinda normal when you have 2 D on their off sides.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Karlsson was a beast, I was watching the RDS feed (yeah I know, but HD at least) and they were talking about him all night, he was slowing Plekanec on 3 breakaways.
I can't wait til Michalek is healthy, Foligno is having a hard time with Alfie and Fisher, but the Spezza line has a good chemistry, they actually waited a year to put 27 and 19 together GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010 - Page 5 663118 .
The power play allows a lot of breakaways, but it's kinda normal when you have 2 D on their off sides.

i'M Gonna go ahead and disagree with that but I seem to remember them trying to play together last year but lacking cohesion. something about both players wanting to have the puck and unlikely to pass it along ...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That was a huge game to win. Huge. And we still have Kuba and Michalek coming back to the lineup.

Hopefully they can continue to build on this.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:That was a huge game to win. Huge. And we still have Kuba and Michalek coming back to the lineup.

Hopefully they can continue to build on this.

No question about that. I think we're gonna find out that Kuba is more important to this team than we ever thought possible. My prediction is that when he comes back we go on a tear.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I missed a lot of the game tonight but from what I saw, the team was really in sync. Did they slow up a bit in the third again?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

By the way that game was awesome because of NO DEAN BROWN. Sooooo refreshing not to watch a Sens game broadcasted by Brown.

I can't begin to describe how much better Mark Lee and Kevin Weekes are than the two goofs who we have to listen to on a game-by-game basis.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i needed the sens to win this game personaly and they delivered. i'm starting to believe we'll be fine this year. today... is a good day.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I missed a lot of the game tonight but from what I saw, the team was really in sync. Did they slow up a bit in the third again?

Gionta scored a goal that Elliott could have had so that sparkled the habs a little bit but nothing earth shattering, and that was like 4 minutes before the end of the game.
Sens pretty much were in control for 55 min, and the last 5 was a case of a desperate team trying to tie a 1 goal game in the last mins of the 3rd, like in any other game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
asq2 wrote:I missed a lot of the game tonight but from what I saw, the team was really in sync. Did they slow up a bit in the third again?

Gionta scored a goal that Elliott could have had so that sparkled the habs a little bit but nothing earth shattering, and that was like 4 minutes before the end of the game.
Sens pretty much were in control for 55 min, and the last 5 was a case of a desperate team trying to tie a 1 goal game in the last mins of the 3rd, like in any other game.

The big difference being that the desperate team was not wearing blue.

By the way, that 2nd goal, even though Elliott probably should have had it, it was yet another case of a winger blowing by Phillips. He's slowly coming around, but it seems that whenever we get scored on, there's #4 skating away with his head low. He was on for both goals last night, too. And it's started showing up in icetime -- he still had 2nd highest on the team (behind Gonchar), but the difference between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pairing is not as pronounced as it was earlier in the season. Remember when Phillips and Gonchar were getting in the low-to-mid 20s?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I think this win is a really good sign. Some posters here will complain about the Sens not playing a full sixty minutes or not being able to contain teams in the 3rd, but I remember when the Sens could not win one goal games. Good effort and they keep finding ways to win.

I know. I wonder how those posters who were ready to blow it up a week or two ago feel right now. We are certainly not a perfect team and probably not a contender but we're not all bad either; there are some +++'s

I really hope that (collective) ankle heals well (after they jump back on the wagon) ... FingersCrossed

Haha, yup. Remember who was the voice of reason back then? Because I do!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

By far, the best game we have played this year, with our first real 60 minute effort. Lots of hitting and shooting, limited turnovers and odd-man rushes, and we really limited quality scoring chances against.

Price stood on his head; if not for him, we would have buried that game in the first 30 minutes.

Best game of the season for Karlsson, too -- he's looking now a lot like the Karlsson of last March / April.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Haha, yup. Remember who was the voice of reason back then? Because I do!

I was calming the masses back then too. Nice to see everyone is slowly starting to come off suicide watch.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:

And some people will complain that Elliott is not a real #1 goalie

and some people will complain that Kovalev is inconsistent

and some people will complain player X had a bad game

and some people will complain that we should call up so and so

and some people will complain that the coach should try different line combinations

and some people will complain that the coach should leave the line combinations as they are

and some people will complain that certain players get injured too much

and some people will complain that people complain...

I think you're truly off the "bad wagon" when you stop caring at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum