GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010

+18
SensHulk
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
asq2
TheAvatar
Ev
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
Straight Shooter
The Silfer Server
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PKC
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
ddt wrote:Oh, and how the f*** can anyone miss LOW on a f***ing shot?

It describes the trajectory of the puck...people listen to the game on the radio, it helps with visualization.

Then how about saying "the low shot misses wide" instead of "misses low and wide"?

ddt

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
ddt wrote:[Oh, and how the f*** can anyone miss LOW on a f***ing shot?

You can f***ing miss on a LOW shot. Maybe that's what he meant. He's Yoda. Yoda the Hutt.

Then would it kill him to say exactly that?

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Why don't you just mute the tv and get the sound from The Team or something. It appears to me it would save you a lot of aggravation.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ddt wrote:
wprager wrote:
ddt wrote:[Oh, and how the f*** can anyone miss LOW on a f***ing shot?

You can f***ing miss on a LOW shot. Maybe that's what he meant. He's Yoda. Yoda the Hutt.

Then would it kill him to say exactly that?

Hey, at least I *got* what you were saying. Does he consistently say that (in which case he probably means "He misses on a low shot" -- you can go ahead and e-mail him) or was this a one-off?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Why don't you just mute the tv and get the sound from The Team or something. It appears to me it would save you a lot of aggravation.

Unfortunately they have different delays. I've tried watching the TV feed and listen to Team1200 on a few occasions and it's always at least a couple of seconds out of sync; sometimes even longer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Going off on a tangent here but I was at the Cora's off March road yesterday and got to see Elliott, Campoli and Smith leaving just as I was paying my bill. Like a dumb awe struck fool I didn't even think to congratulate them on their win nor did I congratulate Smith on his goal. Facepalm

Wait, you mean they didn't recognize *you*? GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010 - Page 8 1-78

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Am I the only one who likes Dean Brown? Shrug

Yes

No, and I'll thank you not to speak for others. I like Dean Brown as well. I really liked him and Galley together. If you don't expect some amount of homerism in a regional broadcast, then you're out to lunch. I expect it and quite frankly, I expect homers for teams playing against ottawa all the time, even on national broadcasts, so why is so bad for dean brown to be a homer?

And really, he's pretty good as a broadcaster. He's got a pretty good history and there's a reason CBC hires him as well to do broadcasts, not just for sens games. He's also been the sens broadcaster for a long time, so its nice to have some tradition going.

Honestly, now we're complaining about our own announcers? Facepalm

CBC hires him for Ottawa games and the awful first round series that nobody wants to see. They also hired him to do one of the European premier games, but they didn't actually send him to Europe, they made him call the game from Canada Laugh1

It's not just him being a homer (as you said, most announcers are), I just can't stand his voice - he's got way too much of an Ottawa Valley accent - and he tells stories with his colour guy half the game. I want to listen to a broadcaster, not a story-teller. CALL THE CUSSING PLAY ONCE IN A WHILE, DEAN! Also, he is pretty tame as an announcer, he only gets intense when there's a goal or a "scramble" in front of the net. A good announcer will intensify the action when there's little to no action going on. Check out Joe Bowen, Joe Beninatti, Jim Hughson, or Gus Johnson in football if you wanna hear an announcer who can increase the excitement of a game even when it is dull.

Sorry but I have hated this guy for a long time. I could tolerate him when the team was actually a strong contending team, but now that they are middle of the pack, I just can't take the guy much longer. I strongly believe that getting rid of Dean Brown would increase the game experience for many Sens fans out there.

EDIT: And yeah, I was obviously kidding when I said Prager was the only one who likes Dean Brown...I know there are other people like him out there Smile

I said this about Potvin a week ago. Great hockey player, crappy commentator. Dean and Potvin just don't work well together. Dean has a man crush on Potvin. I liked Dean and Gary together. They were a little homerish, but not as much as some out there.

The most homerish pair I've seen is the two on FSN Pittsburgh: Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey. I need a puke bucket near me when I watch a feed that they're calling.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bob Errey has man crush on Steigerwald. "Did you see that, Steigy?!?! The Pens are going on the PP Steigy! We might tie it up Steigy!"

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Going off on a tangent here but I was at the Cora's off March road yesterday and got to see Elliott, Campoli and Smith leaving just as I was paying my bill. Like a dumb awe struck fool I didn't even think to congratulate them on their win nor did I congratulate Smith on his goal. Facepalm

Campoli, Elliott, Smith? Are there cliques forming on the team? Has Clouston lost control of his dressing room? Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:

Campoli, Elliott, Smith? Are there cliques forming on the team? Has Clouston lost control of his dressing room? Sarcasm

Could be. Perhaps it's what has sparked Kovalev? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad Campoli's girlfriend wasn't there, then you would have really been awestruck.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I saw Campoli and a Leafs player (forget who right now) at a Jays game last year. They were in the TD Comfort Zone haha.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:

Too bad Campoli's girlfriend wasn't there, then you would have really been awestruck.

TTIUWP!

(By the way, the above stands for This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures. So head on over to google, and do an image search for Gia Allemand -- I believe that's her name.)

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

ddt wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

I don't mind him. Pretty indifferent, as long as he sticks to play by play.

Must say though I think Denis Potvin is a huge improvement over Gary Galley. Think he has a lot of interesting insight I haven't even thought of, or noticed myself.

Heh heh, that's like saying I like snow, as long as it's not white... That's the problem I have with him, he just can't stick to the game. Oh, and how the f*** can anyone miss LOW on a f***ing shot?

Seriously... I've been wondering about that for years!!!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I saw Campoli and a Leafs player (forget who right now) at a Jays game last year. They were in the TD Comfort Zone haha.

Chris Kelly was probably there too GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010 - Page 8 159628

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

I don't mind him. Pretty indifferent, as long as he sticks to play by play.

Must say though I think Denis Potvin is a huge improvement over Gary Galley. Think he has a lot of interesting insight I haven't even thought of, or noticed myself.

Heh heh, that's like saying I like snow, as long as it's not white... That's the problem I have with him, he just can't stick to the game. Oh, and how the f*** can anyone miss LOW on a f***ing shot?

I shake my head every time. Such a stupid, stupid thing to say.

It results in a combination of Frustrated2 , Mad , and Freakout .

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I think this win is a really good sign. Some posters here will complain about the Sens not playing a full sixty minutes or not being able to contain teams in the 3rd, but I remember when the Sens could not win one goal games. Good effort and they keep finding ways to win.

I know. I wonder how those posters who were ready to blow it up a week or two ago feel right now. We are certainly not a perfect team and probably not a contender but we're not all bad either; there are some +++'s

I really hope that (collective) ankle heals well (after they jump back on the wagon) ... FingersCrossed

Haha, yup. Remember who was the voice of reason back then? Because I do!

The last time the Sens fans had a ray of hope? Facepalm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Time to blow this thing up?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum