GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens mishandling the goalie situation?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really think Leclaire should have gotten the start last night. I know they were rewarding Elliott for his strong play but they're going to end up over working Elliott and under working Leclaire if you can't even put the guy in vs. the worst team in the league. It was the perfect opportunity to ease Leclaire back into games.

Now that they didn't do that when does Leclaire start next? Montreal on Saturday? Not bloody likely if they've decided Elliott's number one until proven otherwise. Atlanta? 4-2-2 on the road and if Leclaire ain't good enough for the Isles then good luck seeing him in this game. After that we get Vancouver, Boston then Philly.

Leclaire will get his next game when he has a few pounds of rust to shake off and people will be saying I told you we should have given up on Leclaire. We saw what the guy can do in the playoffs and at the start of the season. Not starting him vs. the Isles is just dumb. I know a lot of Leclaire's issues were self inflicted by not playing well or through plain dumb luck but, they were exacerbated by an extreme lack of play. If I remember correctly both goalies were struggling for big parts of the season and Elliott was given the most rope to work through it. Elliott crashed and burned in the playoffs and Leclaire stood tall. I'm just saying lets not make the mistake of writing Leclaire off and not even give him a chance despite what he's done in the playoffs and in the early part of the season. I know it's a small sample size but there's no indication that they should be worried about playing Leclaire especially vs. a team like the Isles right now.

Clouston should have went to Elliott and said this: You're the man right now and great job holding us in the game vs. the Leafs. You've played 8 straight games now. It's time for you to rest up, we're giving Leclaire the Isles, be ready for a HUGE game vs. a big time rival on Saturday in Montreal.

Share this post on: reddit

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:46 pm by NEELY

Straight Shooter wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I'm not allowed to view my opinion on the Sens goalies anymore. I have been censored by the admins. Haha.

Are you joking??????? If there is any poster I want to hear from about goalies it is you and only you. End of story, please don't stop. Ridiculous if that is true that you were censsored. Why??????

This post was super cute and gave it away from the very begining.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:52 pm by Riprock

Really? Cause myself and others felt the same way.... are we also the same person?

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:53 pm by NEELY

Dash wrote:Really? Cause myself and others felt the same way.... are we also the same person?

Hahaha, ok buddy. You keep talking to Notch, hahaha. REALLY sad btw.

Riprock

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:01 pm by Riprock

Sad? Some might say it is sad to have such a vendetta against a message board handle.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:01 pm by NEELY

Haha, I don't even care anymore. It's just pathetic now.

Not that I care, but some people would say it's sad for you, Neely, to just keep deleting accounts and not coming back until you get your way. It also could be considered sad that you kept reading the site even though you deleted your account and quit.

asq2

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:07 pm by asq2

Oh for the love of Alfie, guys.

PTFlea

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 pm by PTFlea

No need for that IMO Neely. Let it lie in the past and move forward as a poster instead of bickering all the time.

Just lock it haha

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum