GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers

+8
jamvan
SensGirl11
BigRig
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just saw this on TSN's Ice Chips...

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

"Goaltender Mike Brodeur was placed on waivers Wednesday. - TSN"

What?

EDIT: Mike Brodeur's age (26) and lack of playing in a single NHL regular season/playoff game require him to pass through waivers when being sent down/called up. Article 13 of the CBA outlines it clearly. Goalies that are 25 years and older need to play at least 1 NHL regular season/playoff game before becoming exempt from waivers. Note: pre-season games do not count.

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Just saw this on TSN's Ice Chips...

What?

can't they just cut him and send him back to the AHL camp? I saw this too and really didn't understand. I thought he is to be the starter in Bingo.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What?

"GOALTENDER MIKE BRODEUR WAS PLACED ON WAIVERS WEDNESDAY!!!"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

What?

"GOALTENDER MIKE BRODEUR WAS PLACED ON WAIVERS WEDNESDAY!!!"
Oh... thanks.

Wink

Laughing3

Anyone know why? Did he have to go through waivers in order to be sent down?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers Icon_scratch . I don't get it. I'm seriously confused here. If he's picked up the Bingo is screwed aren't they? Or do they expect Chiodo or whatever his name is to carry the load down there?

I want answers!!! Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 639591

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe they made a decision on Lehner. Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 639591 Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 50327

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Maybe they made a decision on Lehner. Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 639591 Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 50327

He has been cut and already sent back to the Soo from what I read.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Maybe they made a decision on Lehner. Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 639591 Sens place goalie Mike Brodeur on waivers 50327

He has been cut and already sent back to the Soo from what I read.

OK. I didn't read that. Either way, good for him. He sure looks ready for pro hockey though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Isn't this common place for guys who have a 2-way contract, but are over a certain age?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apparently Brodeur needs to clear waivers before being sent down. Nothing else to this.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Isn't this common place for guys who have a 2-way contract, but are over a certain age?
Possibly... he's 26 years old and on a two-way.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't think Mike Brodeur has ever played in a regular or playoff NHL game... thus, with his age (25 and over) he's not exempt yet. He'd have to play at least 1 NHL game and would then be exempt - according to Article 13 of the CBA.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Apparently Brodeur needs to clear waivers before being sent down. Nothing else to this.

I'm thinking you're right.

the only other possibility is a trade has been agreed to where we're getting back a goalie for bongo....

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Very confusing stuff I don't think he needs to be placed on waivers to be sent back down, he's on a 2 way if I'm not mistaken...or maybe he's on a 1 way AHL deal. No idea.

On another note, Chiodo is rated an 82 in the NHL10 game. Nutty! I'm going to have to call him up for a few games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would strongly suggest no one claim our AHL goalie on waivers. Murray has a bit of a vindictive streak and you'll find that he'll do the same to you at some point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum