GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are the Sens mishandling the goalie situation?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really think Leclaire should have gotten the start last night. I know they were rewarding Elliott for his strong play but they're going to end up over working Elliott and under working Leclaire if you can't even put the guy in vs. the worst team in the league. It was the perfect opportunity to ease Leclaire back into games.

Now that they didn't do that when does Leclaire start next? Montreal on Saturday? Not bloody likely if they've decided Elliott's number one until proven otherwise. Atlanta? 4-2-2 on the road and if Leclaire ain't good enough for the Isles then good luck seeing him in this game. After that we get Vancouver, Boston then Philly.

Leclaire will get his next game when he has a few pounds of rust to shake off and people will be saying I told you we should have given up on Leclaire. We saw what the guy can do in the playoffs and at the start of the season. Not starting him vs. the Isles is just dumb. I know a lot of Leclaire's issues were self inflicted by not playing well or through plain dumb luck but, they were exacerbated by an extreme lack of play. If I remember correctly both goalies were struggling for big parts of the season and Elliott was given the most rope to work through it. Elliott crashed and burned in the playoffs and Leclaire stood tall. I'm just saying lets not make the mistake of writing Leclaire off and not even give him a chance despite what he's done in the playoffs and in the early part of the season. I know it's a small sample size but there's no indication that they should be worried about playing Leclaire especially vs. a team like the Isles right now.

Clouston should have went to Elliott and said this: You're the man right now and great job holding us in the game vs. the Leafs. You've played 8 straight games now. It's time for you to rest up, we're giving Leclaire the Isles, be ready for a HUGE game vs. a big time rival on Saturday in Montreal.

- Unknown Author
Share this post on: reddit

wprager

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:02 am by wprager

There is a "terminal velocity" kind of thing with rust, though. He's not going to get any more rust on him than he had last night, and with a few more practices he's sure to shake some of it off, actually. I would definitely *not* put him in against Montreal (even though he is a Quebec-born goalie). Atlanta will be fine, assuming he is practicing hard and showing progress.

Hoags

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 am by Hoags

I don't think he is mismanaging it at all. This team badly needs wins especially against division opponents.

Elliott gives us the best chance to win right now.

Getting Leclaire going after the injury is secondary. We need to win to make up for a poor start.

Leclaire will start sooner or later.

Straight Shooter

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:13 pm by Straight Shooter

Nothing wrong with how things have been handled so far. i think Hoags said it best.

SensGirl11

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:59 pm by SensGirl11

I don't see a problem with the way Clouston has handled Elliott and Leclaire at all. Personally I would much rather see Elliott get his game together than Leclaire, Elliott will be here beyond this year (I would imagine anyway) Leclaire will not. Leclaire gets hurt if someone sneezes on him, Elliott does not. Elliott has given us the best chance to win lately. I like Leclaire's play to start the year, but it's inevitable that he will get hurt again soon, might as well ride the hot hand and get Elliott's confidence at 100%. He is more important to our team than Leclaire is right now and for the future.

SensGirl11

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:02 pm by SensGirl11

What I don't agree with at all, is the fact that Lehner didn't get to play the game against Florida. He festered on the bench for a month. That was mishandled, IMO. Lehner should have at least gotten 1 start to get a taste, and Florida was the best team to do it against. Especially considering we were playing against Boston the following game. It would've been a great test to see how Lehner would handle a full 60 minutes in his first NHL start ever. Now we'll have to wait until Leclaire gets hit in the head by a puck or trips on his shoelace and pulls his groin.

spader

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:31 pm by spader

I agree with Hoags. While Elliott is winning, keep him in. My guess is that Leclaire sees action immediately following the next loss. At that point, Leclaire will get a shot at resuming his role as number one.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:34 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Or perhaps Leclaire gets his next start after Elliott injures himself from being over played?

CockRoche

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:59 pm by CockRoche

I'm not allowed to view my opinion on the Sens goalies anymore. I have been censored by the admins. Haha.

PTFlea

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:11 am by PTFlea

CockRoche wrote:I'm not allowed to view my opinion on the Sens goalies anymore. I have been censored by the admins. Haha.

I don't care what you discuss personally, as long as it's kept civil you can discuss the goaltending until you're blue in the face.

CockRoche

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:12 am by CockRoche

That was more a lame joke than anything.

Sort of. I have always been civil, yet still I think it was Cap'nClutch that didn't want to hear my view for some reason.

Still baffles me a little bit to be honest. Meh.

Straight Shooter

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:56 am by Straight Shooter

CockRoche wrote:I'm not allowed to view my opinion on the Sens goalies anymore. I have been censored by the admins. Haha.

Are you joking??????? If there is any poster I want to hear from about goalies it is you and only you. End of story, please don't stop. Ridiculous if that is true that you were censsored. Why??????

rooneypoo

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm by rooneypoo

LOL, that last sequence of posts is positively adorable.

PS: rooneypoo, you are a handsome, witty fellow. Keep on posting!

TheAvatar

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:42 pm by TheAvatar

LOL Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm by Cap'n Clutch

CockRoche wrote:That was more a lame joke than anything.

Sort of. I have always been civil, yet still I think it was Cap'nClutch that didn't want to hear my view for some reason.

Still baffles me a little bit to be honest. Meh.

I haven't been on since Friday at around 2:30pm so it certainly wasn't me that did anything to your posts.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum