GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Binghamton Senators!

+22
SensHulk
Flo The Action
NEELY
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Ev
shabbs
Da lil Guy
Hoags
sandysensfan
Riprock
Oglethorpe
cash
SeawaySensFan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
PTFlea
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:51 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:B-Sens win 5-2. O'Brien, Condra and D.Smith with 3 point nights, Brust with a whopping 52 saves over the Pens AHL team.

52 saves may be what it takes this afternoon against the grown-up Pens. Isn't it time for Leclaire and Elliott to come down with a bad case of the flu?

17All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:B-Sens win 5-2. O'Brien, Condra and D.Smith with 3 point nights, Brust with a whopping 52 saves over the Pens AHL team.

52 saves may be what it takes this afternoon against the grown-up Pens. Isn't it time for Leclaire and Elliott to come down with a bad case of the flu?

It's been a weird series of games for these two whenever they meet up actually. One team is on and the other is off. Blow out wins seem to be the order of the day. We'll either win big or lose big if the trend continues and I don't see any reason to believe it won't.

18All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:56 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

It was the 1st 52 save performance of the AHL this season. Butler is leading the league in goals with 14 and GWG with 5. That kid is on fire! Hopefully it translates to the NHL. All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 422187

19All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:06 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What's the deal with Brust. There was a conversation a while ago about the fact that he's not signed by the Sens. That he is only signed to an AHL contract. Do the Ottawa Sens get dibs (of sorts) on a player signed to their farm team, or is he up for grabs? I don't know enough about his game to know whether or not the big club should use one of their few remaining spots to sign this guy, but he was solid in the one game I watched and, by all accounts, seems to be playing lights out in B-town.

Thoughts?

20All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:It was the 1st 52 save performance of the AHL this season. Butler is leading the league in goals with 14 and GWG with 5. That kid is on fire! Hopefully it translates to the NHL. All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 422187

This guy is a top six Sens forward injury away from a call up. Here's hoping he makes a case for sticking when he gets here too.

- Unknown Author

21All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:35 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

spader wrote:What's the deal with Brust. There was a conversation a while ago about the fact that he's not signed by the Sens. That he is only signed to an AHL contract. Do the Ottawa Sens get dibs (of sorts) on a player signed to their farm team, or is he up for grabs? I don't know enough about his game to know whether or not the big club should use one of their few remaining spots to sign this guy, but he was solid in the one game I watched and, by all accounts, seems to be playing lights out in B-town.

Thoughts?

He originally belonged to Minny and I'm not sure if they still own his rights or not...If you look at CapGeek he's still under minnesota but it says inactive beside his name and he has not re-signed a pro contract. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1448 - I think it be time that we sign him to a pro contract, the way he's been playing so far this year and the numbers he has in the past with Houston and others are very, very impressive. I'm really not sure what the deal is...Under TSN he is not listed under any NHL team.

EDIT: To answer your other question, a guess of course, is that (if his rights don't belong to Minny anymore) he is up for grabs for anyone. I think he would be considered a UFA, even now. I'm not sure if he has an out clause in his AHL contract to sign with an NHL team if he was offered a contract. We could use all the help we can get in goal, I don't really know why Murray hasn't pulled the trigger with him yet, there must be a good reason. He's also 27 years old now, so I have to guess that he must be a UFA. Why in the world would Minny have let him go? Backstrom isn't getting any younger and I'm not sure who else they have in the system...Khubodin or something...I think he's supposed to be good too, but Brust has been very reliable and very solid.

Last edited by SensGirl11 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

22All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
spader wrote:What's the deal with Brust. There was a conversation a while ago about the fact that he's not signed by the Sens. That he is only signed to an AHL contract. Do the Ottawa Sens get dibs (of sorts) on a player signed to their farm team, or is he up for grabs? I don't know enough about his game to know whether or not the big club should use one of their few remaining spots to sign this guy, but he was solid in the one game I watched and, by all accounts, seems to be playing lights out in B-town.

Thoughts?

He originally belonged to Minny and I'm not sure if they still own his rights or not...If you look at CapGeek he's still under minnesota but it says inactive beside his name and he has not re-signed a pro contract. http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1448 - I think it be time that we sign him to a pro contract, the way he's been playing so far this year and the numbers he has in the past with Houston and others are very, very impressive. I'm really not sure what the deal is...Under TSN he is not listed under any NHL team.

EDIT: To answer your other question, a guess of course, is that (if his rights don't belong to Minny anymore) he is up for grabs for anyone. I think he would be considered a UFA, even now. I'm not sure if he has an out clause in his AHL contract to sign with an NHL team if he was offered a contract. We could use all the help we can get in goal, I don't really know why Murray hasn't pulled the trigger with him yet, there must be a good reason.

His deal is with the Bingo Sens. He was invited to the big camp on a tryout only.

23All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Then I'm with SensGirl. I say we lock him up with a short term contract. He seems to be playing well. While his wins/losses column is mediocre, I'm a big fan of his .924.

EDIT: interesting, when I sorted the AHL goalie stats page by S%, who is one spot above Brust? Anton Khudobin. Guess that answers that SensGirl.

24All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:52 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Sens teams played 120 minutes today and scored one goal...by Jesse Winchester...

25All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

17 of 18 saves for Lehner was basically the only good thing apparently. Butler had 5 shots I believe.

26All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

On the other hand, Sens teams played 120 minutes today and allowed only 3 goals...

Seems the glass is both half-full and half-empty.

27All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:58 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:17 of 18 saves for Lehner was basically the only good thing apparently. Butler had 5 shots I believe.

Damnit SD! now it looks like I followed your lead on that post! here I was thinking it was original thought! :crossarms:

28All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:17 of 18 saves for Lehner was basically the only good thing apparently. Butler had 5 shots I believe.

Damnit SD! now it looks like I followed your lead on that post! here I was thinking it was original thought! :crossarms:

Laugh1 No, it was me following your post about 1 goal scored between both teams.

29All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Went to the game, another sens related barn burner, haha. Lehner looked solid when he needed to be. Hamilton's guy was great though, really impressed. Butler looked to be the most dangerous Bingo forward for sure. Can't wait to see him up here with the big boys.

One thing that really struck me though - Wiercioch is nowhere even close to being NHL ready.

30All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:One thing that really struck me though - Wiercioch is nowhere even close to being NHL ready.

Damn...mental mistakes? Positioning? Bad pinches? The whole 9 or what did you see that you didn't like?

31All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:17 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

In Patty's defence, he's not really being put in a position to succeed. He didn't play all that much - including no PP time (Bingo had Benoit and Butler manning the points). However when he was out there, he looked tentative, and was pushed around way too much, with one play in particular where he got absolutely demolished into the boards.

Mind you this was only one game, but from what I've read this is a normal occurence for him down there.

On the bright side, even though Butler didn't score, you can tell he just has that goal scorer's mentality. He was constantly slamming his stick on the ice in the offensive zone calling for passes and was always sniffing around the net. He got several hard shots off, and you can tell he's got that "it" factor.

32All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why the hell isn't he manning the point on the PP? Frustrated2

33All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SDH89 wrote:
One thing that really struck me though - Wiercioch is nowhere even close to being NHL ready.

That's what I said in the pre-season. I was shocked at the talk in the final week before cuts of him staying with the big club. I definitely thought he would go down and have some success (and I never thought he'd have so few points this far into the season) but he wasn't/isn't NHL-ready and he won't be this season. That much we should have known from day 1 of training camp.

He's got skills though. I expect a strong finish to the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum